Common Law: Cancelled, No Season Two

As expected, USA Network has cancelled Common Law after one season and 12 episodes. There won’t be a second season.

Common Law revolves around a pair of LAPD detectives who successfully solve crimes together but can’t stand each other. As a result, their boss sentences them to attend couples therapy. The cast includes Warren Kole, Michael Ealy, Jack McGee, Sonya Walger, Elizabeth Chomko, Alicia Coppola, Nora Zehetner, and Reed Diamond.

The series debuted on May 11th and ran on Friday nights through August 10th. The ratings were poor from the start, even by the cable channel’s standards. The season averaged a 0.6 demo rating with 2.12 million viewers.

In September, it was rumored that Common Law was essentially cancelled. The showrunner had taken a job on CBS’ Elementary and the cast’s contracts had all expired. Word was that the sets had already been dismantled as well.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that there won’t be a second season for Common Law?

Keith January 14, 2013 at 9:40 pm

I just heard that this show was cancelled. My wife and I were looking forward to watching the 2nd season. The shows that stay on like honey boo boo and sime of these other stupid reality shows are just that stupid. Common Law had great story and great acting. Bring it back!

susan January 12, 2013 at 11:41 pm

I really enjoyed the series common law, I’m sorry to hear that the network cancelled it. I can’t believe that a show like that that is well written and acted is axed and stupid reality shows like honey boo boo and many others are still on.

Mary John January 11, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Mary John Sorry it was cancled I thougt it was one of the great shows please bring it back.Give it more time.

reagan January 8, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Do the people that love the show not count? Why do the people that don’t watch the show get the saying to let it go? Get is another chance.

Patricia Steward January 7, 2013 at 4:17 pm

It was a great, funny show. A great premise, great cast and the chemistry was unmistakeable. They should have given it more time, maybe a better time slot, so more people could see it and come to enjoy this top quality show.

Linda Berg January 6, 2013 at 9:14 pm

I too was major disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVED this show!!!!!! Funny, smart, interesting, cute!!!! Two adorable young men that even my hubby liked!!!!!!! We could not wait for season two!!! No doubt Elemenary will be renewed! It SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phyllis December 23, 2012 at 1:05 pm

everytime a good series comes on that is interesting funny and a person looks forward to the next episode THEY CANCEL THE PROGRAM!!! ($%%^^)
Common Law; Dirty Sexy Money; to name a few…

Linda Berg January 6, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Too true!!!! It was very good!!!!!!!! Both hubby and I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shellie Hagopian December 22, 2012 at 3:22 am

I was soooo dissappointed to hear Common Law has been axed. It was a great show, a lot better than at least 50% of the shows out there. Reconsider.

Dorothy December 21, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I loved Common Law, was so looking forward to the next season. A lot of shows that are just plain dumb, are still on. This show was very funny and good. I am not happy!!!

Arayna December 18, 2012 at 3:50 am

seriously! why do they keep cancelling shows i’m just getting into. it’s just wrong…

Sandra November 19, 2012 at 9:04 pm

NO SAY IT ISN’T SO!!!!!!!! I love this show and the chemistry between Michael Ealy and Warren Kole is fantastic. What are you thinking!!!!! I work in tv and have worked on several shows that keep going and I shake my head what is the network thinking. I started watching this show and started looking forward to Sunday nights to watch it on Show Case here in Vancouver.

Tv shows that are totally crap and scrapping the bottom of the barrel like The Bachelor, and all those other stupid reality shows keep going and then the network cancels a show that is not only has great writing but humour and oh should I say has a moral ending to it. The bad guys do not get away and its cancelled. Dam you.

Georgia November 2, 2012 at 1:01 pm

This is more disappointing news. Earlier I hear Fairly Legal is cancelled and now Common Law is cancelled. These shows are NOT the usual run-of the-mill cop and lawyer shows.Enjoyed them becasuse the characters were INTERESTING and quirky. Such a shame they’ve been cancelled. NOT happy!

Christopher November 1, 2012 at 11:34 am

Why would they cancel this and keep on stupid shows like Burn Notice, Suits & Royal Pains? At least this show was funny and watchable.

Davers October 31, 2012 at 9:06 pm

That is my favorite new show of the season (halfway through here in Canada). This stinks. I really disappointed! I hope there isn’t a cliffhanger. :(

Tha Critic October 31, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I am furious right now. This was a great, funny and original show. They cancelled this but Fairly Legal is still on? I swear that if it weren’t for “Burn Notice” and “Suits”, and maybe even “Covert Affairs”, USA would not receive my viewership at all. I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED with you fools.

Lynn Duchesne November 26, 2012 at 8:39 am

Hi, I can not believe it !! One of the best show to come along in a long time !! I can not understand how reality shows are kept on the air while a top notch show like Common Law is taken off. We are the viewers who watch your shows and we are telling you we want Common Law back !! One of the best shows that we have seen in years !!