Copper: Cancelled Show May Return as a Movie

Copper canceled TV show movieCopper has been cancelled but Sunday’s series finale may not be the end for the characters. Deadline reports that executive producers Barry Levinson, Tom Kelly and Tom Fontana (also the co-creator) are considering a movie version.

Fontana has apparently worked out an extensive story arc for season three and may rework that into a movie script. It would supposedly look at life in America following Lincoln’s assasination and the Reconstruction years that followed.

Will Rokos and Fontana created Copper which premiered in August 2012 to 1.1 million viewers. That was a record-setting audience for BBC America and the period drama was renewed in October. Unfortunately, the numbers weren’t as strong in season two so the show was cancelled.

What do you think? Would you like to see a Copper movie? Do you think it will actually happen?

Berh October 7, 2014 at 1:10 pm

What a wonderful storyline…I just watched the entire series while recouping from surgery…the characters where so real…please bring back in any form.

Troy K September 30, 2014 at 12:05 am

Please bring the show back! My wife and I just found it and just finished season 1. We love it!

debbie September 27, 2014 at 3:12 pm

very very sad Copper was one of the best shows i have watch and i have viewed hundreds such a shame to the followers we need another
season

erik1414 September 27, 2014 at 4:48 am

I must say i dont really no what u big wigs want. a great great show i mean i really love the show,god corcy and freeman why must most great show s cet guttied canclled why, the f;;;;king numbers is down u guys are idiots who is to blame but the writers and the studios. so blame your selfs,, but please bring copper back please at least finish it wright after the mission they are going on,,when u start a series if u dont like the numbers just make a tv movie out of the show to complete the series , but i really love the guys on the show i neet to see what becomes of five point ok,did they meet bill the butcher oh come on guys
erik1414

Shannon September 26, 2014 at 12:31 pm

I can’t believe this series is cancelled!!!! Please reconsider as I think after season 2 this could be a hit!! I don’t understand???!

Terri September 9, 2014 at 9:59 pm

This is terrible. What a great show. Bring it back as a series!,

Anonymous September 15, 2014 at 12:34 pm

I agree great show with great actors and story line how sad and shortsighted.

Marie September 15, 2014 at 9:44 pm

BRING IT BACK. BRING IT BACK. THAT IS ALL I CAN SAY BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK!!!!!

Linda Woods September 16, 2014 at 12:32 am

This is a great show. So sorry to see it will not return. Great writing and acting .I would love for it to become a Movie.

Barbara September 5, 2014 at 10:30 pm

Bring it back! An excellent show!

carol r August 28, 2014 at 10:24 pm

What a freeken dissapointment. I didn’t know and was waiting to hear a date for Season 3.I agree,garbage shows can run for years, its a shame.