Crisis, Believe: NBC Shows Pulled; Cancelled Now?

Believe TV show canceled soon?NBC has made a schedule change for the final Sunday of May sweeps, May 18th. The network has replaced Crisis and Believe with an encore of The Women of SNL.

While the Sunday night dramas haven’t been officially cancelled yet, they surely will be. Being pulled from the schedule during the sweeps period — replaced by a rerun of a clipshow, no less — is a very bad sign. The move isn’t a surprise though. Both Crisis and Believe have been performing terribly in the ratings.

Crisis is averaging a meager 1.1 in the 18-49 demographic with 4.48 million viewers. Believe is averaging a 1.3 in the demo with 5.45 million. Both shows drew a 1.0 in the demo this past Sunday and have each dropped below a ratings point in the past few weeks.

Both shows were already off the schedule this Sunday and are now expected to return on Sunday, May 25th. They each have 13 episodes in their respective seasons. Eight episodes of Crisis and nine episodes of Believe have aired so far.

Hopefully NBC will run all of the episodes. Hoepfully the finales will cap the series in satisfying ways. Unless there’s some kind of miracle, neither of these shows will be returning for a second season.

What do you think? If you were running the network, would you cancel both of these shows? Do you think one is better than the other?

Susan July 13, 2014 at 8:41 pm

I really do not watch a lot of tv but taped believe season. It was good. I cannot believe that it was cancelled. Whats the matter, not enough nudity or foul language in it. Leave something on the air for people that want to sit back and enjoy a show
That doesn’t make you want to cover the eyes and ears of your children.

thelma July 11, 2014 at 2:34 am

its a real shame if both believe and crisis are cancelled.
it just shows the level we have all sunk,that believe as light and refreshing as it is to give us something to hope for when real life has nothing to offer.
we guys shouldn’t have started it in the first place.

Anonymous July 5, 2014 at 8:35 pm

looked forward to seeing Believe..a great show..reality shows are junk !!

angie July 6, 2014 at 10:45 pm

I’m pissed that BELIEVE is cancelled such a great show. To much reality crap on TV we need more shows like this switch it up and get rid of all the reality crap.

AJ July 2, 2014 at 12:06 am

Didn’t watch Crisis but only because it aired against another show. Love Believe and the freshness of the show. Bo’s innocence and power gave her great responsibility and we as fans would love to see her grow. Cancelling the show is ridiculous!!! Cancelling it with the idea Bo and Tate get to ride off in the sunset to a life of normalcy is CRAP!! She is 10 with a beautiful gift; “to whom much is given much is required.” There is so much more to do, to see, to learn and understand about Bo and her gift and why she is different. PS. Does anybody else wonder how Bo was able to cure Danni’s degrade for her second chance and what that would mean for her in the future or the others who suffered from it.
I feel cheated by NBC and that is why I focus on CBS as much as possible where NBC used to be the best but bone head decisions like these have made them lose their standing…

LR July 2, 2014 at 12:45 pm

If it ‘ain’t’ Reality TV the networks don’t seem to be interested. Scripted program series are losing the battle.

Susie June 30, 2014 at 12:18 am

Love Crisis. Shame on you NBC. Losing a good one if you cancel.

Ramon June 28, 2014 at 10:40 pm

My wife and I watched both Believe and Crisis reliogiously and like many of the fans we loved both shows. Bo was a sweet kid with a powerful spirit and Finley and Susie were great together. It is disappointing to have a show one enjoys cancelled. Must be all about ratings and dollars. So what else is new…

susan June 27, 2014 at 2:08 am

I would never have canceled this show. It was sooo good. We didn’t even really see what Bo could truly do to save the world. It was not giving a fair chance and its such a let down when you take a chance on a new show just to have it canceled. This show had so much potential and I don’t possibly see how it didn’t get good ratings. It was different and fresh and also funny at times. It was perfect. I don’t watch crisis but my fiancĂ© does and he is so upset that they canceled the show. I prefer believe over crisis but that’s because I just never gave crisis a chance. I’m glad I didn’t though because it would have been another let down. Believe will be greatly missed. One of the best shows ever and it gets canceled. I wonder what the people who cancel such good shows are thinking when they do it because most good shows are not giving a chance yet they have A lot of shows that had bad ratings the first season and they have still giving them multiple chances to grow when they didn’t even deserve one episode. So sad:(

Cris June 27, 2014 at 9:49 am

What these people are thinking is dollar signs. They don’t care about good tv anymore . If one more music show or reality show comes on I ‘m getting rid of the TV’s . Television use to be about good, clean entertainment, not anymore. Now it’s all trash and shock value. NBC should be ashamed that in 24/7 tv they can’t give 2 lousy hours to two descent shows. I don’t watch network tv now,ABC NBC CBS, I’m down to watching ION for reruns of good shows already gone.

LMDJ June 25, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Please don’t pull the plug on one of the best shows on NBC … give them a chance at least another season and a new night.

Annette Chesson June 25, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Seriously NBC are you really going to leave us on a cliffhanger. There is so much you can do beside cancel the show. This is a hit with diehard fans who love it!!! We want Crisis back!!! It’s one of your best show since Hawaii 5-0. Finch and Dunn play good off each other and I love how you have Amber and Beth Ann’s best friend team up together! Gibson is one cool cucumber and crazy as all out to kill the 1st Lady of the USA. Who do you have working for you … now you need a reboot of your marketing reps and head honchos!!!!

Karen June 25, 2014 at 2:13 am

I love the shows crisis and believe. I would love to see them continue.

Queen June 23, 2014 at 11:37 am

I like them both…not surprise Believe is being cancelled, but Crisis is very, very good. I vote to keep this show. It left with Gibson still manipulating events!

Rhiannon Waits June 22, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Believe is a good series! It takes time for people to know about it! They keep taking good shows off & it’s so frustrating!

Karen June 25, 2014 at 2:14 am

I agree with you on all accounts. It is very frustrating.

Elaine Stewart June 21, 2014 at 11:52 pm

I watch both shows and love them.

Connie June 19, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Believe is a great show. I’m shocked that there is no listing for it to air this Sunday. I totally feel in love with the show now you people talking about taking it off. Lol!!!