Crisis, Believe: NBC Shows Pulled; Cancelled Now?

Believe TV show canceled soon?NBC has made a schedule change for the final Sunday of May sweeps, May 18th. The network has replaced Crisis and Believe with an encore of The Women of SNL.

While the Sunday night dramas haven’t been officially cancelled yet, they surely will be. Being pulled from the schedule during the sweeps period — replaced by a rerun of a clipshow, no less — is a very bad sign. The move isn’t a surprise though. Both Crisis and Believe have been performing terribly in the ratings.

Crisis is averaging a meager 1.1 in the 18-49 demographic with 4.48 million viewers. Believe is averaging a 1.3 in the demo with 5.45 million. Both shows drew a 1.0 in the demo this past Sunday and have each dropped below a ratings point in the past few weeks.

Both shows were already off the schedule this Sunday and are now expected to return on Sunday, May 25th. They each have 13 episodes in their respective seasons. Eight episodes of Crisis and nine episodes of Believe have aired so far.

Hopefully NBC will run all of the episodes. Hoepfully the finales will cap the series in satisfying ways. Unless there’s some kind of miracle, neither of these shows will be returning for a second season.

What do you think? If you were running the network, would you cancel both of these shows? Do you think one is better than the other?

Anonymous November 4, 2014 at 8:43 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed Believe. It was finally a feel good kind of show. Something positive and inspiring…..please don’t take it away after only one season. At least give us a happy ending.

kris October 24, 2014 at 5:11 pm

this show is the best TV show every that came on NBC i like both of show crisis and believe rating are good to me on believe i like the girl on it where she haves power that she has

Pam October 19, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Loved this show!

Debbie October 12, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Loved both shows. My family watched and enjoyed them both. Hope they are not canceled.

debbieharber October 9, 2014 at 2:31 pm

I love the show believe they could travel town to town and help people out .have winter help them out too. come on bring it back

Barbara September 21, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Both Believe and Crisis were great shows, why would you cancel them

MJ Gray September 21, 2014 at 3:53 pm

I enjoyed watching Believe. It was a nice escape from reality, a show based on good deeds and unselfish behaviors.

Judy Ebeling August 14, 2014 at 2:16 am

I loved the show! I even recored it do I could watchthe episodes again.it was nice to watch a show about a unselfish girl that liked to help people! I am truly going to miss thos show, and that little gorl that played Bo is truly adorable! shame on you for canceling it!