Crossing Lines: Season Two Renewal; Will NBC Air It?

Crossing Lines season twoFrance’s TF1 and Sony Pictures Television Networks have renewed Crossing Lines for a second season.

There will be 12 episodes this time around (vs 10 episodes in season one) and production will begin on September 22nd. Locations will include France, the Czech Republic, Monte Carlo and Bulgaria.

Regulars William Fichtner, Donald Sutherland, Marc Lavoine, Tom Wlaschiha, Gabriella Pession and Richard Flood will all return, along with Lara Rossi, who was introduced late in the first season. Guest stars will include Carrie-Anne Moss and Ray Stevenson.

Crossing Lines has been very popular internationally, airing in over 180 territories. It hasn’t been a big hit here in the states however.

NBC aired the series on Sunday nights this summer to poor ratings. The season finale registered just a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.06 million viewers — series lows.

The peacock network says that they haven’t made a decision on the future of the show on NBC. Unfortunately, based on the ratings, there’d be little incentive to license season two of Crossing Lines.

If they don’t pick it up, the show could find a US home on a cable channel, possibly one that’s owned by NBC-Universal like USA Network. Merlin underperformed on NBC in its first year so it was moved to Syfy for the later four seasons.

What do you think? Should NBC pick up season two of Crossing Lines or cancel the low-rated series instead? Would you watch it on a cable channel like USA?

Karim September 1, 2013 at 10:18 am

I love this show also. I will watch t on any network.

Nanny September 1, 2013 at 8:12 am

Please Renew, i Love this show, greetings from he Netherlands

Rena September 1, 2013 at 7:11 am

Definitely renew! NBC, need to promote the series more — or find another home for it. Soon, perhaps the advertisers will flock to Hulu then we can all just stream series we like.

Sandyb September 1, 2013 at 1:57 am

Since I’m not in their “coveted demographic” I’m sure NBC won’t care what I think, but I’m going to post it anyway. Crossing Lines is a well written, well acted show which I have really enjoyed watching this summer. I very much hope some network, cable or otherwise, airs the next season. I will be looking forward to it with great anticipation.

Phyllis August 31, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Yes! Please renew it! Best show on TV in a long time! I will follow it wherever it goes!

trish August 31, 2013 at 6:51 pm

After living in Europe for 15 years finally a show with a brain and NBC may not pick it up, just proves the intelligent level of some.

Melanie August 31, 2013 at 3:31 pm

I will watch it anywhere. Loved the show. Very smart. Great acting. Love the international cast and locales. Dying to find out about all of the cliff hangers. Bring it back for US audiences!!

Jeanette August 31, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Yes, they should renew this show! I liked forward to watching it and I am looking forward to more!

sheila August 31, 2013 at 8:57 am

Give it a better time slot. The show is amazing. The countries are beautiful. Donald Sutherland is the King. Please keep it on. Everyone we know watches it. Canada is watching.

Zonia Gatlin August 31, 2013 at 1:02 am

I have enjoyed watching cross over and would definitely watch it on a cable channel as I do most of the programs I watch. Cross over will appeal to cable viewers who want something less mundane with more intricate plots.

L Styles August 30, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Please save Crossing Lines. It was great and kept you what would happen next.

Bob Ott August 30, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Muliti-international cast, international locations and a fine plot line. This show was as good as it was different. Hope to see it on any network next season.

Kayla August 30, 2013 at 9:39 pm

I really hope they air the show because its great!! They should at least give it another chance to see if it really isn’t going to do well. I think it’s a great show though and should be aired

Lauren Nuesca August 30, 2013 at 7:54 pm

I love love this show! Please don’t cancel it! I’m really getting tired of shows that are great get cancelled!!

Susan August 30, 2013 at 6:12 pm

I love Crossing Lines. If NBC doesn’t renew it I will watch it elsewhere.