CSI: NY: Cancelled by CBS; No 10th Season

CSI: NY canceledTo little surprise, CBS has cancelled CSI: NY after nine seasons on the air. Unfortunately for fans of the series there won’t be a 10th year of Gary Sinise and company.

A. J. Buckley broke the news via Twitter and wrote, “Just found out #csiny has been cancelled :(.Thank you for the best 9 years with the best crew and cast. Sad day”

He followed that up with, “Really can’t belive it’s over. So bummed.”

The news doesn’t come as a big surprise as the venerable crime drama has been in danger of being cancelled for the past couple seasons. The costs of producing the show have risen over the years and the ratings have fallen.

This year’s ratings dropped to a 1.4 average rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.66 million viewers.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that CSI: NY won’t be back for the 2013-14 season?

Norma Logan February 11, 2014 at 9:16 am

Like many others I am very sad to hear about CSI NY being cancelled. I was looking forward so much to season 10. As someone else said they might have wrapped it up with a fitting end.

lisa l September 22, 2013 at 6:06 pm

so sad its over…..wish they at the very least would do a final show to wrap things up!

Cynde September 19, 2013 at 11:08 pm

I am bummed. I was really looking forward to the new season. I can’t believe that CSI NY has been cancelled. What a shame. I hope they change their minds and bring it back. Loved the cast, especially Gary Sinise.

Sincerely,
Another unhappy fan

JJ September 11, 2013 at 7:27 pm

I am soooo disappointed that this show was cancelled, I really looked forward to every week. I think they should rethink this and perhaps do a survey to find out what the fans think of their decision.

MaryAnn September 4, 2013 at 10:42 am

What a bummer! This was such a great show – I could not wait for each week. I hated it when they changed the night to Friday. I really think that is the only reason they may have lost some of their viewers. The actors/actresses were perfect for the roles they played.
They only put all those stupid – dumb – boring – reality shows on – like we need these?

Ivette September 4, 2013 at 12:34 am

Please give us closure. The season final left everything hanging. Usually a final season gives closure on the characters , never happen very disappointing. Please give us the satisfaction that was also taken from us with CSI Miami.

Sincerely,
an unhappy fan :(

Janine September 3, 2013 at 8:46 am

I am soo sick of all the reality shows and can not believe that CSI NY has been cancelled. Its one of the best shows on TV especially since Sela Ward joined the cast.
Please cancell the reality shows in stead of this one.