CSI: NY: Season Nine Ratings

CBS TV show CSI: New York season nine ratingsLast spring, it looked like CSI: NY might be cancelled due to sagging ratings but it was renewed. CBS has again ordered just 18 episodes. Is the venerable TV show on the way out? Could it just be time for the series to go? Stay tuned!

The ninth season of CSI: NY typically airs on Friday nights at 8pm on the CBS network. The cast includes
Gary Sinise, Sela Ward, Carmine Giovinazzo, Anna Belknap, Eddie Cahill, Hill Harper, AJ Buckley, and Robert Joy.

Below are the TV show’s latest ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if CSI: NY is going to be cancelled or renewed for season 10.

Final season averages: 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.66 million total viewers.

Episode 09-17: Friday, 02/22/13 (finale)
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 9.46 million (+10% change).
Season averages: 1.41 in the demo with 9.66 million.

Episode 09-16: Friday, 02/15/13
1.2 in the demo (-25% change) with 8.59 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 1.43 in the demo with 9.68 million.

Episode 09-15: Friday, 02/08/13
1.6 in the demo (+7% change) with 9.57 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.44 in the demo with 9.75 million.

Episode 09-14: Friday, 02/01/13
1.5 in the demo (-6% change) with 10.39 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.43 in the demo with 9.76 million.

Episode 09-13: Friday, 01/18/13
1.6 in the demo (0% change) with 10.68 million (0% change).
Season averages: 1.42 in the demo with 9.71 million.

Episode 09-12: Friday, 01/11/13
1.6 in the demo (+14% change) with 10.71 million (+17% change).
Season averages: 1.41 in the demo with 9.63 million.

CBS TV show ratingsEpisode 09-11: Friday, 01/04/13
1.4 in the demo (-7% change) with 9.13 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.39 in the demo with 9.53 million.

Episode 09-10: Friday, 12/07/12
1.5 in the demo (0% change) with 9.95 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 1.39 in the demo with 9.57 million.

Episode 09-09: Friday, 11/30/12
1.5 in the demo (+7% change) with 9.86 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.38 in the demo with 9.53 million.

Episode 09-08: Friday, 11/16/12
1.4 in the demo (0% change) with 9.59 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 1.36 in the demo with 9.49 million.

Episode 09-07: Friday, 11/09/12
1.4 in the demo (-7% change) with 9.72 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.36 in the demo with 9.48 million.

Episode 09-06: Friday, 11/02/12
1.5 in the demo (0% change) with 10.05 million (1% change).
Season averages: 1.35 in the demo with 9.44 million.

Episode 09-05: Friday, 10/26/12
1.5 in the demo (+25% change) with 10.09 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 1.32 in the demo with 9.31 million.

Episode 09-04: Friday, 10/19/12
1.2 in the demo (-14% change) with 9.48 million (0% change).
Season averages: 1.27 in the demo with 9.12 million.

Episode 09-03: Friday, 10/12/12
1.4 in the demo (+17% change) with 9.48 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 1.30 in the demo with 9.00 million.

Episode 09-02: Friday, 10/05/12
1.2 in the demo (-8% change) with 8.40 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.25 in the demo with 8.75 million.

Episode 09-01: Friday, 09/28/12
1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.11 million total viewers
Season averages: 1.30 in the demo with 9.11 million.

Compared to last season’s premiere, CSI: NY was down by 28% in the demo (vs a 1.8 rating) and down by 14% in viewership (vs 10.68 million).

Reference point: The eighth season of CSI: NY averaged a 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 9.94 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the CSI: NY TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a 10th season?

Amazon.com Widgets

Baby April 12, 2013 at 1:03 am

Please do not take csi/ny off. We already have enough senseless, boring,trashy reality shows on. I also wish they would bring csi/miami back but without Adam Rodriquez. I really enjoy Gary Sinise.

Scooby April 18, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I agree. There is too much other trash on TV.

veronica April 10, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Please keep CSI NY on the air, this is by far my favorite CSI,I currently have nothing to watch Fri. at 9 since it has not been on the last few weeks.

Lynda April 8, 2013 at 6:19 am

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL CSI NY…. I have watched the series from the beginning!!! If CBS were to cancel it don’t all the almost 10MILLION faithful viewers deserve a proper ending to the 10 year series? The same thing happened to CSI Miami….
The Same is to be said for TWO and a half MEN. Please at least give the series a proper ending…. PLEASE

Peggie April 7, 2013 at 10:03 am

Please keep CSI:NY on next season (a full season). Its the best show on your network and the only one I never miss.

Nancy April 6, 2013 at 7:38 pm

CSI in Las Vegas gets really weird sometimes – cancel that one instead. CSI NY is a great show. I agree there are WAY too many reality shows. Keep the good non-reality shows especially CSI NY.

kylie sanders April 1, 2013 at 4:36 am

Please dont take off csi new york my favourite show and I love Gary Sinise atleast let them tie up loose ends if it really is going . Heart broken aussie fan

annie leonardo March 29, 2013 at 12:04 am

i love csi ny please dont cancel it i love gary sinese hes such a good actor maybe he can star in another show i would watch it for sure he is such a grt guy and fights for our troops to show them love and appreciation.

Nikki March 27, 2013 at 8:30 pm

CSI:NY is the only show I watch religiously. It’s a much needed television show to differentiate from all of those reality TV shows. Besides, there would be way too many loose ends if they canceled the show.
And I need my weekly fix of Gary Sinise.

Toni March 27, 2013 at 12:04 pm

My husband and I LOVE this show we look forward to every week. If for some reason we can’t be at home when it comes on we always record it and watch later I don’t think I have missed any of the episodes. Please don’t cancel this show, it is also a good family show.

sojab0on March 14, 2013 at 7:13 pm

they cant kill off ny also the lose ends that neded to be raped up first hill harper exits and i want to know how will they write him of in the same way the did with stella or are they going for the old way it happed in the other 2 csi shows with tim speedle and warrick brown

the second child of danny and lindsay they just need to give us the closure if it is a boy or a girl and the marridge of mac and christine

and cbs needs to give the cast an way to say there goodbeys to the viewers and each other

not as with miami just kill it off with an season finale that ends up in an party
on ryans payday

simmy March 14, 2013 at 3:20 am

Please don’t cancel CSI ny. It’s still one of my favorite shows of the CSI. I would b devastated.

Amy March 11, 2013 at 9:40 am

I’d be disappointed to see this one go. It’s a good show, let it stay for another season! C’mon!

beth ryker March 9, 2013 at 11:05 am

i hope csi ny comes next fall to me is get better. and would love to see csi miami come back i realy miss the show and all the actors and actress

Genean March 8, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Please don’t cancel this is a great show.

shawna March 8, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Well considering I can’t stand the original CSI anymore I would be highly disappointed to see this this one go. There are way to many realty TV shows on the regular channels I guess I’m stuck with TNT or USA