Dirty Sexy Money: Underwood Believes the ABC TV Show is Over

Blair UnderwoodWith sagging ratings for the sophomore year of Dirty Sexy Money, ABC hasn’t ordered any additional episodes of the drama. While it’s been widely reported that the TV show is finished, one of the stars recently encouraged fans not to give up a hope. Now, another star says that he’s hardly optimistic about the series’ future.

Dirty Sexy Money follows the travails of good-guy lawyer Nick George whose sole client is the very powerful and dysfunctional Darling clan. The TV show showcases the talents of performers like Peter Krause, Donald Sutherland, William Baldwin, Natalie Zea, Glenn Fitzgerald, Seth Gabel, Zoe McLellan, Jill Clayburgh, Blair Underwood, Will Shadley, Shawn Michael Patrick, Laura Margolis, Sheryl Lee, Samaire Armstrong, Candis Cayne, and Lucy Liu.

Though ABC hasn’t ordered any additional installments, Baldwin recently urged Money viewers not to give up hope just yet. He said, “Our show, they very specifically said, is not cancelled. They’re holding the actors, the sets, and I think that could be code for if some of their mid-seasons [shows] don’t do well, they’ll bring us back for the back nine or they’ll order something.”

Does Money still have a future?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Underwood isn’t quite so optimistic as his costar. A veteran of a few short-lived TV shows (LAX, City of Angels), the actor recently told E! Online. “As far as I’m concerned, we’re not doing any more shows.” He continued, “ABC officially doesn’t want to use the “C-word” – cancelled – but we’re not on the schedule. I would pretty much say we’re canceled.”

Unfortunately, there’s at least a grain of truth in what Underwood says. Though ABC hasn’t officially sealed the show’s fate, they haven’t announced plans to broadcast the rest of the completed episodes either. There are still three episodes waiting to be aired and the last one will finally uncover what happened to Nick’s father, Dutch.

Is the network holding onto them just in case ABC execs want to do a relaunch later or, more realistically, are they planning to leave them sitting on the shelf? Do you agree with Baldwin or Underwood? Does the TV show still have a chance or is it truly over?

Doreen January 17, 2009 at 7:20 pm

Well, as usual, if a show actually has a plot, it has to be canceled. This was one of my favorite shows and at least they could air the final episodes.

matt s January 17, 2009 at 5:29 pm

DONT CANCEL THIS SHOW!! I look forward to it and it is my favorite!!!

carole January 15, 2009 at 2:29 pm

This is my favorite show on tv. Love the cast. Please do not cancel this show. I have to know what happened to Dutch. I think he’s still alive!!!

wesley January 15, 2009 at 12:34 pm

bring this show back. its the best show that has been on in years. pleasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee!

smelly January 15, 2009 at 12:30 pm

DO NOT CANCEL THIS!!!!! i will boycott all other ABC shows and tell everyone i know too also. Anyone who has seen this show, knows how good it is. they just need to advertise better….

John January 15, 2009 at 9:48 am

People should boycott ABC. They always cancel the shows that have content! It makes me angry. If it wasn’t for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, nobody would watch that station….it’s cluttered with garbage. BRING BACK DSM!

Leo January 15, 2009 at 6:49 am

I agree with all the other comments…
This was an unique and great show…
sick of doctors, cops, dumb “reality” shows and so on dramas…
I want the Darlings back!

Ginger January 14, 2009 at 11:29 pm

it sucks that my favorite show is off the schedule… PLEASE bring back DSM!

Andrea January 14, 2009 at 6:28 pm

I can’t believe they took it off the schedule!! Me and my husband never watch anything, this was the first and only show we are hooked on together!! What a disappointment!!! There are so many stupid, shallow shows and they decided to get rid of this one???? WOW!! Very sad.

Kelli January 14, 2009 at 3:15 pm

Please…please…please…bring back the show! It was far better than the constant reality shows! There are a group of us that followed and watched the show, it always leaves you guessing.

Janie January 14, 2009 at 12:32 pm

This is one of my favorite shows. I do not understand why it is being cancelled. i think it had great story lines and kept me wondering what was going to happen next. Please reconsider and don’t cancel this show.

Debi January 14, 2009 at 2:09 am

Please don’t cancel this show. It’s a great night time soap opera. I’m so tired of the cop, doctor, reality, shows. Bring back DSM!

Mark January 13, 2009 at 4:54 pm

They need to show the Thanksgiving episode, it was pre-empted and had a great ending.

Order the back 9!!!

Leslie January 11, 2009 at 7:21 pm

I love this show! Please dont cancel it!!

Stephanie Karr January 10, 2009 at 4:28 pm

This is one of my favorite shows! Please don’t cancel it!!! It gives us something different from all the other shows out there that are starting to look alike.