Divorce Court and Judge Alex: Court Shows Renewed for Two More Years

Judge AlexTalk shows like Bonnie Hunt and Oprah Winfrey may be going away but it looks like the court shows are here to stay. Twentieth Television has announced that Divorce Court and Judge Alex have each been renewed for two more years, taking each through the 2011-12 season.

Divorce Court has had a long history on the small screen, in three incarnations. It ran for 12 years, from 1957 until 1969, and then came back for another seven years beginning in 1985. The current incarnation has been on the air since 1999 and Judge Lynn Toler leads the on-air proceedings.

Comparatively, Judge Alex is a newcomer, having been on the air since 2005. The court cases are presided over by Alex Ferrer, a former police officer, attorney, and Florida judge.

Which court show do you prefer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

According to Mediaweek, each court strip is already cleared in 75% of the country for next year, including all top 15 markets.

Greg Meidel, president of Twentieth Television, said, “On a daily basis these court programs have successfully demonstrated how to simultaneously inform and entertain viewers. We are thrilled that Alex Ferrer and Lynn Toler will continue to rule over their courtrooms in a fair, trustworthy and thoughtful way.”

What do you think? Do you enjoy court shows? Which is your favorite?

AS September 10, 2013 at 8:07 pm

I believe Divorce Court is one of the best shows on TV and Judge Toler a genuine individual. However, not sure how “real” the participants are. A prime example is the many Deadbeat Dads that appear and publically announce that they have many children with various women and do not pay a cent in child support…? One man even boasted about having (20 plus) kids! Doesn’t the show/judge have the responsibility to report such abuse..? After all, aren’t we (the taxpayers) left with this burden.

rose April 25, 2012 at 9:53 am

hey judge, just wanted to tell i have a 5by6 bathroom. it has tub, sink,toilet. its an old house and has worked thru 4 grandsons. thank goodness tho we are not to fat

linda March 9, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Does anyone know where Judge Alex’s court police officer is?
There seems to be a “new guy”,, I think the Judge called him Mason today??

Patricia Norales January 19, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Judge Lynn Toler is my favorite judge show. I have learned a great deal regarding how to keep a marriage working, and rules on life in general. I have read her book ” My Mother’s Rules and related a lot of her past issues to some of the problems I dealt with in childhood. Keep a senior citizen happy and renew this show.

Patricia Norales January 19, 2011 at 1:26 pm

To whom it may concern, I hope you have not cacelled my favorite judge show, Divorce Court with Judge Toler. i NOTICED nANCY gRACE IS IN HER TIME SLOT. i PERSONALLY DON’T LIKE Nanc y Grace, and she definitely is not a justifiable replacement for Judge Toler. I have learned a lot from watching this show, and with a divorce rate of over 50% we sure in the hell need to know how to co- exist with each other. Please bring back the show.

Rose Marie Lagana October 1, 2010 at 10:50 am

I think Judge Alex is the best ever. He is patient, intelligent, witty and his advice and judgment is right on target. His show is by far the most interesting of all the court shows. He is a pleasure to watch and a pleasure to look at. As long as his show is on, I will be watching it. Today the show was about a plaintiff who was suing for the money she loaned a friend. The plaintiff won. I once read something that I never forgot and that I have lived by my whole life: When you don’t give your money to a friend you lose your friend . When you give your money to your friend, you lose your money and your friend. Whenever I have been approached for money my answer is always no. I have lost friends , but I never lost my money. I will continue to live by this rule because it has taught me that these people were not sincere friends to begin with.

EILEEN YARROW September 13, 2010 at 11:52 am

I LOVE JUDGE ALEX AND I AM SO UPSET THAT HE IS NOT ON ANY STATION IN NEW JERSEY, ACCORDING TO HIS OFFICIAL SITE.
IF ANYONE KNOWS WHO I COMPLAIN TO ABOUT THIS PLEASE ADD A POST, AS I WILL SEND AS MANY EMAILS, LETTERS AND MAKE AS MANY PHONE CALLS AS IT TAKES TO HAVE HIM BACK ON A STATION I CAN SEE HIM. THANKS FOR ANY HELP ANYONE CAN GIVE!!!

Laura Bernstein August 19, 2010 at 4:43 pm

I really like Judge Alex alot. He helps with a lot of people. And he is a smart, and wonderful nice sweet,kind Judge I ever known. I really like him alot. I hope he continues to do his shows, and I hope that everything goes ok. Thank-you.

Your truely Laura Bernstein.

Laura Bernstein August 19, 2010 at 4:32 pm

I my name is Laura Bernstein, and I would like to know when Judge Alex will do his shows. I really like him alot. I vote for him because he is the most wonderful,nice sweet kind Judge I ever known. I been watching his shows alot and I hope he continues to do his programs in 2011 and 2012. I would like to come to his show in 2012 and I would like to come see a tour at his show, and want to know if its ok if I can meet him after his show. I want to know if its ok. I really like him alot. I think he is the best Judge. I can’t stand Judge Judy. I think Judge Alex is alot better than dicorce court. I think he is the best ok. I really like him alot ok. Thank-you.

Laura Bernstein August 19, 2010 at 4:34 pm

I also want to say that I think that Judge Alex is very smart and I think he know what he does. I also want to be his friend if thats ok. I would like to be his friend. And I think he is a great, and most wonderful, sweet nice Judge I ever known ok. Thank-you.

your truely Laura Bernstein.

ali July 12, 2010 at 1:39 pm

reality court tv is TRASH TV! it stinks!

anne December 15, 2009 at 1:28 pm

I just voted and my result showed a score of 50% divorce, 50% alex–total votes: 17. How is that possible?

The closest it could get at 17 votes is 9-8 and that would be 53%, 47%. I’m just saying.

admin December 15, 2009 at 2:36 pm

@anne: Thanks for pointing that out. We had a glitch with this poll but it’s working now.

Davidgalvan December 11, 2009 at 6:40 pm