Dogs in the City: Cancelled or Returning for Season Two?

Dogs in the City canceledLast summer, CBS aired Dogs in the City, a show that follows New York City comic and “dog guru” Justin Silver as he helps his clients solve problems with their canines.

Dogs in the City wasn’t a big ratings success for CBS. The six episode season ended up averaging a meager 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.29 million total viewers. Still, the series seemed to have a vocal and loyal fanbase.

Will Dogs in the City return for season two? The TV show was noticeably absent from CBS’ announcement about their upcoming summer schedule. That will include Big Brother, Under the Dome, Unforgettable, and The American Baking Competition.

The show has been confirmed as cancelled by TFC and it’s been removed from CBS’ press site. I contacted the show’s former representatives but none of them replied. In my experience, that’s confirmation that a show has been cancelled. So, end of story, right?

Maybe not. Via his Twitter account, Silver wrote that his show would be back on TV very soon. When asked, he wouldn’t elaborate so perhaps he’s just being hopeful or has plans to bring the series elsewhere.

Either way, it’s clear that Dogs in the City won’t be returning to CBS this summer.

What do you think? Did you like Dogs in the City? Are you sorry to hear that the show has been cancelled? Would you watch the show on another channel?

Diane November 15, 2014 at 10:25 pm

I LOVED ‘Dogs in the City’.
I couldn’t wait for the next episode.
And now it’s gone!
Don’t you think it should have been kept for a while longer to attract more viewers? ‘Cause trust me, more will have come. You just didn’t give it much of a chance.
I miss it.
Put it back on! :)

Donna August 15, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Another good show cancelled but hey — another sleazy Bachelor in Paradise….nice choice CBS!

Claire Adrienne May 4, 2014 at 1:06 pm

Dogs in the City is one of my favorite shows ever! I’m 75 years old, and I do not even have a dog. But, I told all my friends with dogs to watch it and learn. Justin Silver accomplished success better than any other dog trainer I’ve ever seen. I would watch it and recommend it on any channel. Please! Please! Please! So many folks need this information.

Kira Tan April 6, 2014 at 6:51 am

It is a very good show, so informative. Kids learned a lot from it about how to interact with the family dog or other people’s dog in the right way.
About the ratings, maybe more can be done about the script and Justin’s make up.

JoAnne Richardson March 18, 2014 at 7:42 pm

I love this show. Starting watching when I was in the city visiting. Dogs are such a big part of city life, and I loved watching problems solved. I started a doggie day care here in PA in 2000 and it is still going strong. It is great to see the many dogs in NYC and their owners and problems solved ! Love Justin’s approach !

karen March 11, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I hope they bring this show back on any channel! Housewives stuff is trash! At least give us equal with quality shows!

Gale Lumadue September 11, 2013 at 9:42 am

Why do the 3 major networks keep cancelling good shows and putting such junk on as is offered by “reality shows”? Maybe if they raised the level of programming to include Justin’s, which is not only enjoyable to watch, but also very helpful to dog owners, we could raise the level of taste again; followers of “Honey Boo Boo” and all the various “Housewives” shows should be ashamed of themselves for giving such low class fare an audience! I would definitely watch Dogs in the City on any channel. My husband and I already watch more shows on the cable networks than we do CBS, NBC, or ABC.