Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Victoria March 15, 2013 at 1:57 am

No! They can’t do this! This is my favorite show eveerrr! noooooo!

Jessica March 15, 2013 at 12:50 am

I hate how it ended and I didn’t even get to see last episode since not online mi really enjoyed this show and not to happy to hear it is canceled.

itanaya maye March 14, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Please Please put the show on the air. i think you guys cut it off for that “long never getting nowere” Cult . why would you do that!!!!!! im not the only one.at least give us the skript. just to give us some happiness. PLEASE!!! i will thank you so much.

whit March 14, 2013 at 2:57 pm

So bummed to read this. I hadn’t seen the show when it started, but watched all the episodes online and fell in love!! Please reconsider!!!

itanaya maye March 13, 2013 at 6:43 pm

i cant believe u guys cut the show off. and how u ended it SUCKED!!!!! You should have told us what happened to Emily after she slept with her friend . at least put it on the web. We have the Right to know. Please. ;(

mel March 12, 2013 at 12:12 am

this was a show i didnt think i would like and then watched and it became my favorite show since dawson’s creek and gilmore girls. Please bring the show back.

Nelda March 11, 2013 at 7:21 pm

I loved this show! It was one you could actually watch with your family. Should have known it would be cancelled – not enough graphic sex scenes for today’s smut minded society – just good interaction between different characters’ personalities. Hope to see Mamie Gummer and the whole cast in future works.

Jules March 11, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Why do networks always do this? Set up a show to fail and then get people hooked on it. I loved this show and now it’s gone. Bring it back!!!!

cassandra martinez March 7, 2013 at 10:39 pm

yes go to cwtv.com then go all the way to the bottom and click on feedback then submit all your complaints to them to bring this show back please please please!!!!

cassandra martinez March 7, 2013 at 10:30 pm

i loved this show i have already commented that i want the show back, but i wanted to say that maybe the show didn’t work only due to a lack of advertisement. i think this show is very relatable. its dorky. and awkward and people love that sort of thing. it feels real. all the things she says in her head and all the things she actually does say outloud..are hillarious and im really going to miss this show. why do people always cancel the best shows, but keep dumb reality tv shows and shows that just show a bunch of sex and drugs scenes. bring back emily owens. and put up more advertisement.

Catherine N March 6, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Sooooo disappointed Emily Owens MD got cancelled.It was my favorite show on Tuesdays…always looking fwd to Tuesday and realized it wasn’t showing after 2 Tuesdays passed.just knew about the show being cancelled today on the net.Please Cw give us some closure on the show.i love love love this new show.

Sophee March 5, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I’m so upset that Emily Owens won’t be back!! :( I absolutely LOVE this show! I was looking forward to seeing a Season 2… really disappointed CW. This happened to the Secret Circle as well (which was also a good show). Bring Emily back!

Anonymous March 5, 2013 at 7:48 pm

I really liked this show–it was my favorite new show–I am sooo disappointed it is cancelled–CW will you not reconsider?? please–thank you–sb–ps I like Hart of Dixie to please do not cancel that show either–thanks–sb

Sharlene March 5, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Loved this show, I hate when new show’s I love to watch get cancelled.
It’s happened multiple times to myself as we’ll as to my friends and family.
And why would it air at the same time as other popular shows. This to me is very stupid as well as the network it was shown on, in Canada channel 9 isn’t a popular station :(
I’m going to miss it!

Janet Gaines March 5, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I really enjoyed this show. The cast & storylines were superb. Seems like the good shows don’t always get a good shot. Hopefully another network will step in and give Emily another chance.