Emily Owens, MD: Season One Ratings

Many medical TV series have been ratings hits and many have been flops. How will Emily Owens, MD fare on The CW? Stay tuned to find out.

Revolving around a young medical intern at a prestigious Denver hospital, Emily Owens, MD typically airs Tuesday nights on The CW network. The cast includes Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Emily Owens, MD will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.27 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Tuesday, 02/05/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.50 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.27 million.

Episode 01-12: Tuesday, 01/29/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.33 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-11: Tuesday, 01/22/13
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.36 million (+33% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-10: Tuesday, 01/15/13
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.02 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.24 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 01-09: Tuesday, 01/08/13
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.09 million (-16% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.26 million.

Episode 01-08: Tuesday, 01/01/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.30 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.28 million.

Episode 01-07: Tuesday, 12/04/12
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.41 million (+34% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.28 million.

UPDATE: The CW has decided not to order any further episodes, cancelling the series.

Episode 01-06: Tuesday, 11/27/12
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.05 million (-19% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-05: Tuesday, 11/20/12
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.29 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.30 million.

Episode 01-04: Tuesday, 11/13/12
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.38 million (+34% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.30 million.

Episode 01-03: Tuesday, 10/30/12
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.03 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.27 million.

Episode 01-02: Tuesday, 10/23/12
0.3 in the demo (-40% change) with 1.11 million (-34% change).
Season averages: 0.40 in the demo with 1.39 million.

UPDATE: The CW has ordered three additional scripts.

Episode 01-01: Tuesday, 10/16/12
0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.67 million total viewers.
Season average: 0.50 in the demo with 1.67 million.

Compared to last season’s debut of America’s Next Top Model in the same timeslot, the network was down by 44% in the demo (vs a 0.9 rating) and down by 14% in viewership (vs 1.96 million). It was not a good start.

What do you think? Do you like the Emily Owens, MD TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Paula B February 24, 2013 at 11:44 pm

I love this show!
Please renew it. So many people DVR now days. How can they possibly know the ratings are down?
Finally something that isn’t teens, vampires, or spoiled rich kids.
BRING EMILY BACK!!!

tina February 24, 2013 at 5:19 pm

i was shocked when i heard it was canceling, PLEASE DONT CANCEL THE SHOW!!when is watched it become one of the fav shows that i watched !!!!please DO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTT CANNCEL THE SHOWWWWWWWWWWWWW while writing this comments i was crying

melissa February 24, 2013 at 5:17 pm

i love the show begging you to don’t cancel the show!!!

namuna February 24, 2013 at 5:13 pm

I was so disappointed when i heard it was canceling,and i kept thinking about it, i watch this show if my mom,and we love it, I always wait a week with my excitement to watch it,but the show is CANCELING?!?!?! who are you guys kidding ……this show is funny and truth, and it helps you with science, i wish this show WILL NOT CANCEL AND RENEWED thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy February 20, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am that this show is cancelled. The only thing I usually watch is the History Channel because I’m'not really interested in anything else on TV. For some reason I really connected with the cast and enjoyed Emily soooo much! I scheduled my Tuesdays to ensure I would be able to watch this show. I stayed up for the last two Tuesdays waiting for it to come on, so when it didn’t, I finally looked it up today. And the crap about Cults and all the crazies around us (the show they replaced her with) is just another sick thing that our society does not need! COME ON! Give hert back to us!

Jennifer February 19, 2013 at 10:39 pm

I can not believe this show is cancelled!! I only have 3 shows that i watch and this was one of them!! I am totally and utterly disappointed that this show is cancelled!! Pleas bring it back!!

Anonymous February 19, 2013 at 10:20 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WHY THIS HAPPEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOOVED THIS SHOW

mufasa February 19, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Noooo!!! i LOVE Emily Owens!! Why do all the good shows get cancelled?! I wanted Micah and Emily! That was the worst ending ever! Bring it back please!!

Ginny February 19, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Everyone in our family loved this show. The characters were interesting, the cast was great. Please bring the show back for another season.

Sherry A February 19, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Please don’t cancel Emily Owens!! Great show with great cast members and always excellent story lines. We need to know what happens next. Please renew.

Sherry

Daniel February 19, 2013 at 6:45 pm

I love this show please don’t cancel it

Sherry Adams February 19, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Emily Owens should NOT have been canceled. It was an outstanding show and I am incrediblybdisappointed. Any chance it could be renewed for another season?

Sherry

Anonymous February 19, 2013 at 12:50 am

I really looked forward to Tuesday because of Emily md

Lauren February 18, 2013 at 6:45 pm

I absolutely love Emily Owens. Please bring it back!! It had a great cast and like able characters. Maybe better marketing is needed.

Luce Sai February 17, 2013 at 11:34 pm

I love this show so much, please don’t cancel it.