Fairly Legal: USA TV Series Renewed for Season Two, But…

Fairly LegalThe USA Network is planning to announce today that Fairly Legal has been renewed for a second season. Production is set to get underway this summer and the episodes are expected to air in the early part of 2012. The cable channel has ordered 13 installments, three more than season one.

While the legal dramedy has been successful for USA, it hasn’t been the breakout hit that the the cable channel believes it can be. According to Deadline, the renewal comes on the strength of the show’s lead, Sarha Shahi, and the potential they see in the program.

Word is that Fairly Legal will undergo some creative changes in season two. According to USA co-president Jeff Wachtel, “We think there is a creative and audience upside to the show… Not every first season is the best, and we think it is a show that can do better.”

What do you think? Are you glad to hear Fairly Legal is being renewed? Are you concerned about the “creative changes?” If you were in charge, what would you change, if anything?

Canceled and renewed TV show

27 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Cedric Fuller says

I loved the show.. Please don’t cancel the show. We need more great shows like Fairly Legal.
    I look forward to the new season.

2. Anonymous says

Love the show and I hope they do not cancel. I hate watching new shows you enjoy them and then they get canceled. Hard to understand how these good shows can’t last but reality junk shows keep getting picked up

3. yaffa lukash says

This show is so great I cannot believe its cancelled!!!! My husband and I have loved it since the first episode and has so many wonderful characters. BRING IT BACK. ALL MY FRIENDS LOVED IT.

4. JoAnn Clemons says

I cannot believe the show was cancelled. Is “Made in Jersey” suppose to replace it? Not thinking so. My husband and I watched it faithfully. How sad. It was a refreshing show.

5. says

My husband and I truly enjoy this program and all of the programs on U.S.A. which is extremely rare. We have not watch any weekly series religiously since NCIS. These new shows are really enjoyable and the only ones that we like better is Covert Affairs. Please renew the next season.

6. Faye says

I really enjoy the show. I’d like to see Kate have a close, female friend, maybe one who gets her in trouble, but she loves her like a sister. I’d like to see her tackle some really tough cases, that don’t end as win-win. Mabe an adoption of a sick child, maybe an adoption that turns bad. Get her in a serious scrap over a case with the ex.

7. Carol says

I love the show , positive , fun, don’t make it into a soap . I like all the personalitys . But Kate makes the show. Looking forward to its return.

8. Denise says

Please DO NOT cancel the show ! I was really enjoying it. And I especially think Kate and Ben should end up together…. slowly and with some intrigue or teasing along the way. Fate: the fickle little ***** ! Ben is ultimately a person of higher integrity than Justin. Let Justin pursue his political aspirations and leave Kate alone.

Thank you. Sincerely, Denise

9. Ginny Sue says

Please don’t cancel this show. And please, please, please don’t have her end up with Ben. If you do, I’ll never watch it again. She needs to stay with Justin. He’s her soulmate. Ben is arrogant, annoying, a pest and a jerk while Justin is ever the gentleman in every way.