Fairly Legal: USA TV Series Renewed for Season Two, But…

Fairly LegalThe USA Network is planning to announce today that Fairly Legal has been renewed for a second season. Production is set to get underway this summer and the episodes are expected to air in the early part of 2012. The cable channel has ordered 13 installments, three more than season one.

While the legal dramedy has been successful for USA, it hasn’t been the breakout hit that the the cable channel believes it can be. According to Deadline, the renewal comes on the strength of the show’s lead, Sarha Shahi, and the potential they see in the program.

Word is that Fairly Legal will undergo some creative changes in season two. According to USA co-president Jeff Wachtel, “We think there is a creative and audience upside to the show… Not every first season is the best, and we think it is a show that can do better.”

What do you think? Are you glad to hear Fairly Legal is being renewed? Are you concerned about the “creative changes?” If you were in charge, what would you change, if anything?

Cedric Fuller April 28, 2013 at 9:58 pm

I loved the show.. Please don’t cancel the show. We need more great shows like Fairly Legal.
I look forward to the new season.

Anonymous February 23, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Love the show and I hope they do not cancel. I hate watching new shows you enjoy them and then they get canceled. Hard to understand how these good shows can’t last but reality junk shows keep getting picked up

yaffa lukash February 5, 2013 at 10:12 am

This show is so great I cannot believe its cancelled!!!! My husband and I have loved it since the first episode and has so many wonderful characters. BRING IT BACK. ALL MY FRIENDS LOVED IT.

JoAnn Clemons October 12, 2012 at 3:55 pm

I cannot believe the show was cancelled. Is “Made in Jersey” suppose to replace it? Not thinking so. My husband and I watched it faithfully. How sad. It was a refreshing show.

Peggy January 11, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Sad to hear Fairly Legl being canceled. I really liked the show

Donna Sullivan October 10, 2012 at 5:41 pm

My husband and I truly enjoy this program and all of the programs on U.S.A. which is extremely rare. We have not watch any weekly series religiously since NCIS. These new shows are really enjoyable and the only ones that we like better is Covert Affairs. Please renew the next season.

Gloria DAvis September 30, 2012 at 7:08 pm

How can you cancel the one good sow to we have to look at,with so many really bad ones.The cast is great,have looked forward to seeing it back….Please do not cancel

Faye September 22, 2012 at 9:54 am

I really enjoy the show. I’d like to see Kate have a close, female friend, maybe one who gets her in trouble, but she loves her like a sister. I’d like to see her tackle some really tough cases, that don’t end as win-win. Mabe an adoption of a sick child, maybe an adoption that turns bad. Get her in a serious scrap over a case with the ex.

Carol August 20, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I love the show , positive , fun, don’t make it into a soap . I like all the personalitys . But Kate makes the show. Looking forward to its return.

Denise July 23, 2012 at 4:40 am

Please DO NOT cancel the show ! I was really enjoying it. And I especially think Kate and Ben should end up together…. slowly and with some intrigue or teasing along the way. Fate: the fickle little Bitch ! Ben is ultimately a person of higher integrity than Justin. Let Justin pursue his political aspirations and leave Kate alone.

Thank you. Sincerely, Denise

Ginny Sue July 20, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Please don’t cancel this show. And please, please, please don’t have her end up with Ben. If you do, I’ll never watch it again. She needs to stay with Justin. He’s her soulmate. Ben is arrogant, annoying, a pest and a jerk while Justin is ever the gentleman in every way.