FlashForward: Future’s Not Looking So Good; Will It Be Cancelled or Get a Second Season?

Flash ForwardWhat looked to be one of the biggest hits of the new season, FlashForward, isn’t looking like such a hit any longer. Will the series make it to year two?

FlashForward begins as the world’s population blacks out for 137 seconds and they “flash forward” to see visions of their lives six months in the future. The series’ ensemble cast includes Joseph Fiennes, John Cho, Jack Davenport, Zachary Knighton, Peyton List, Dominic Monaghan, Brian F. O’Byrne, Courtney B. Vance, Sonya Walger, and Christine Woods.

The series debuted on September 24th on ABC. The premiere attracted a 4.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 12.47 million viewers. The following week, the number dropped to a very respectable 3.7 and 10.73 million.

For week three, the ratings dropped again to a 3.0 and nine million. Total viewership rose for weeks four and five but the demo remained essentially the same with a 3.1 rating.

On October 29th, FlashForward dropped to a series low of a 2.7 rating and 8.92 million viewers. The sudden drop was understandable because it aired opposite the World Series on FOX. Unfortunately, baseball fans didn’t return last Thursday when there wasn’t a big game. FlashForward’s ratings sank even further to a 2.6 and 8.47 million, barely beating FOX’s Bones for second place.

ABC has already committed to a full season of FlashForward so it’s relatively safe for now. However, if these numbers don’t start going up, the series is far from guaranteed a second season.

What do you think? Do you think the ratings will go back up or will the show burn out in one season? Are you still watching? If so, what could be done better?

Robert September 28, 2010 at 7:10 am

If the author of the book would not have been “so creative” as he stated in his interview and altered the characters and the story, “Flashforward” would have probably been the new cash cow for ABC. Once the author changed the concept of the book, he placed the series in a downward spin. The series didn’t even capture the heart of what he wrote in the book. If it were up to those “upstairs” at ABC,the old concept of MOTW in a two hour event keeping to the book’s storyline would have blasted the series off and allowed the viewing audience a better idea of the devastation that occurred from the “experiment”. But, they didn’t and now if you are reading this it will be up to you to purchase a copy of the book. It would make a great movie!

Melisa September 26, 2010 at 7:44 pm

FLASHFORWARD IS MY FAVORITE SHOW ! ! ! PLEASE DON’T CANCLE IT, BRING IT BACK ! ! !

Lucy September 24, 2010 at 3:39 pm

I live in Mexico and caught FlashForward on Dish. The season just ended a few weeks ago. I loved it!!! Please, please don’t cancel it. What people find in those reality shows is beyond me. Not worth wasting my time.

val September 23, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Please don’t cancel the show. My boyfriend and I watched that show every week. We were really looking forward to the second season!!!

Anonymous September 22, 2010 at 6:31 am

what’s up ABC cancelling flashforward, I loved that show.

fred September 21, 2010 at 7:15 pm

I think there is another problem , I am from europe and they dont show it on tv here at that time , so what I did do I just download it , and I think the ones who really like it also will do the same and not wait untill its on TV and in this way it drops the amount of people who is looking to it
becourse is it not funny this happend to many series , so I suspect this is the reason of droping people who is watching it

Jennifer September 21, 2010 at 1:49 pm

My son and I loved flash forward we are hoping that ABC would reconsider their decision. Please have Flashforward back. It’s the only show that can replace LOST.

Amy September 19, 2010 at 9:30 pm

OMG i loved flashforward so much it was a shame that it was on very late at night so i couldnt watch it. I REALLY WANT THEM TO CONTINUE ON WITH SERIES 2

Jessica September 16, 2010 at 9:32 am

I love FLASHFORWARD —don’t end it!

natalie September 15, 2010 at 9:46 pm

FLASH FOWWARD WAS AN AWSOME TV SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I REALLY WANT A SECOND SEASON!!!!!!! THEY ENDED IT IN SUCH A COOL WAY!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE PLEAD FOR A SECOND SEASON!!!!!!!!!! IT MUST COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!

-FLASH FOWARD (BEST TV SEASON EVA!)

zorisvet September 14, 2010 at 11:31 pm

i love this show,,so sick of the endless comedies…when do the intelligent people get a change to watch a show that makes u think…so they dropped from 12 mil to 8.mil.dont the 8 mil have a voice or dont we matter…get you act together and bring back this show…

Angie September 13, 2010 at 7:04 pm

I love that show. My daughter does too! We were so sad when we found out that it was going to be cancelled. I think they should give it another try!!!!!!!!!

R. King September 11, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Flash Forward went blatant same sex agenda with its storyline and like their pervert heroes it deserves to die.

Cheryl September 10, 2010 at 10:43 am

I loved the show Flash Forward. Most of the shows that I watched are now cancelled. It seems that people no longer want to watch shows that have a mystery, excitment, and wanting to see more, all people want to watch now are these reality shows that mean nothing. Please do not cancel show that put a little excitement in our lives. Bring Flash Forward back and alot of other shows as well.

Mary August 21, 2010 at 12:08 pm

in my flashforward I was watching the second season too!

gigi September 15, 2010 at 2:25 am