Flashpoint: CBS Orders More Episodes But Is That the End?

FlashpointA couple weeks ago, we reported that President of CBS Entertainment Nina Tassler said that the network had six leftover episodes of Flashpoint and that they “most likely” would air over the Summer. She noted that the TV show has been a good utility player for CBS but didn’t indicate if it had much of a future there.

CBS licenses Flashpoint from Canada and ran most of the season three episodes last summer. CTV has already ordered season four and those 18 episodes are currently being produced.

It’s now being reported that CBS has licensed seven of those new installments of Flashpoint, will combine them with the leftover six, and run the 13 episodes this summer.

ION has purchased a syndication package of the 62 episodes of Flashpoint, including the 11 episodes that CBS didn’t purchase. The cable channel is expected to begin running the series sometime after the CBS run.

This is certainly good news for faithful viewers but it seems like this may signal the end of Flashpoint on CBS. Fortunately, it looks like the show’s future isn’t dependent on CBS’ participation since CTV ordered season four without the US network.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear there’s more Flashpoint coming?

Linda September 8, 2011 at 4:26 pm

I just got into this show last year and I love it. there are so many people saying that there are not enough good shows on tv these days and I agree. Please bring back Flashpoint (good tv.)

Cassandra September 6, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Please do not cancel this show! I look forward to it every Friday. Cancel the reality shows, I have never watched them and never will, I don’t want someone else’s drama. This is a great show, leave it!

mitch September 5, 2011 at 8:22 am

please stop catering to reality shows, teens & preteens, we need mature programing, try advertiseing dollors to the adult viewer

Rose September 4, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Yes, I am so glad that they have kept this showing, This 3rd season was more intense and on the edge of your seat kind of episodes. Please continue this show. out of 10, I give it a 11.

Flower Child September 4, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Please do not cancel this program, CBS! This is exciting, can’t break away, entertainment with sustaining roles and story lines. What’s more, they depict the realism of the world that we live in, and high tech solutions that also incorporate the drama of personal thoughts and feelings BRAVO!

vivian September 3, 2011 at 5:03 pm

this is the best series cbs has had on for a long time i hope we don’t loose it, i really look forward to friday just to see flashpoint

Debbie September 2, 2011 at 6:52 pm

BRING IT BACK!

Debby Apgar September 2, 2011 at 11:48 am

I totally agree with Connie’s remarks. Is CBS thinking this thru. I really look forward to this show on Friday nights!!! Who’s the genious who made this decision.

Connie August 29, 2011 at 10:00 am

I can’t believe CBS is even thinking about cancelling this show. No wonder they are the lowest rated channel on TV!
This show is one of the best shows on TV and we look forward to it every week but they have put so many re-runs on this season and only a few new episodes and now it is probably going to be cancelled. What can we do to keep it on the air? There is so much bad TV on and this is one of the good ones. Help us!
What difference does it make where it is made? Maybe that should tell CBS something!

Linda August 27, 2011 at 9:45 pm

If CBS knows whats good for them, they will renew it. So what if its made in Canada, its
an excellant show. I like each one of the actors, they are very good actors. CBS should keep Flash Point on there fall line up, I’m sure everyone agrees with that.
Linda B

chris white August 27, 2011 at 5:37 am

seems like no matter what show is on friday nights it gets cancelled. t.v stations need to realize that on fridays ratings arelow for eveeryone. this was another great “detective” show lost .

Kary August 26, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I can’t believe CBS would do this it’s loyal viewers. I think that they are making a big mistake. Now they want to replace with a show like Unforgettable? I guess what the people want doesn’t really matter over the almighty dollar.

gerri & ken zuber August 26, 2011 at 3:53 pm

yes we love this show cant wait for it to be on each friday please get some more

carol delauder August 26, 2011 at 1:38 pm

please do not cancel this fantastic show. my favorite show on friday night. bring it back.

Shirley August 22, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Yes–I am hungry for really intelligent police/relational stories about people of character! Engaging cast and looking forward to seeing Michael Shanks as guest star this next season–I hope CBS has the foresight to continue this–I will follow it and its actors, and make time for it in the busy schedule of the returning Fall commitments. My family –age young adults like this as well!

Connie August 29, 2011 at 10:03 am

Amen! Please do not cancel this show! We need more TV like this. We look forward to this show each week and now they are showing re-runs and football! We were looking forward to watching the “Boss” develop a relationship with a woman.
It ran for such a short time this summer because of re-runs and stupid stuff that they replaced it with.
What can we do?