the forgotten: FOX Passes on New Christian Slater TV Show Pilot

IMAGEFor whatever reason, Christian Slater isn’t having much luck in television.

Last season, the movie actor starred in NBC’s My Own Worst Enemy, an action series in which he plays a man with two identities. Though it attracted devout audience, it wasn’t big enough. The show was cancelled after nine episodes.

This season, Slater played the lead in the forgotten. The ABC TV show revolves around a team of civilians who use their unique talents to try to solve difficult missing person cases.

Though the series hasn’t been officially cancelled by ABC, there’s basically no chance that it will be returning next season. Hopefully, the network will get around to airing the remaining two episodes.

Should Christian Slater try another series?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

With the fate of the forgotten already essentially sealed, Slater signed on for a new FOX comedy pilot called Breaking In. From Adam Goldberg, the project revolves around a team of young geniuses who crack security systems. Trevor Moore also committed to the project.

This was the first time that Slater had actually signed on to a pilot. Enemy went straight to series and he took over the lead role on forgotten after the pilot had been picked up.

Unfortunately for Slater, FOX has just passed on the project. For the first time in a couple years, Slater won’t have a show on the fall schedule. This also won’t help the forgotten’s chances for a second season.

What do you think? Does Slater belong on television or is he just having some bad luck, like Nathan Fillion prior to Castle?

Canceled and renewed TV show

22 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. lisa silvas says

i think cancelling this seriouse is the biggest mistake ever!! I love this show more then any other!!! this sucks, what can i do to help keep it on the air???

2. rose says

Oh No! I loved Forgotten!! I just hopped on to google to do a search on the “Living Doe” episode… I was confused as to why they were talking about his ‘missing’ daughter when she was found at the end of the series… Im gutted to find out they are not renewing the show, I loved it! PLEASE??? Just one more series…..

3. Michelle says

I am soooooo bummed. I thought My Own Worst Enemy was great and it was cancelled and had high hopes for The Forgotten. I loved it. I thought it was a great show and thought it had a good time slot but guess others prefer the Good Wife because it got picked up. I don’t know what’s going on with Fox lately but they have been destroying som good shows. I would jump ship to another network because CBS is on Fire… this was one of the few shows I continued to watch since they cancelled Prison Break and 24… sticking to my all time favoirte USA they believe in there shows… Better hop over there or hit Showtime… They have DEXTER!!!!

4. Ken says

I think ABC is not up to the status of a major network anymore. Now that Lost is over, The Forgotten was probably one of the very few times I would have tuned into their network. Mr. Slater did a fine job and this show is one I will miss.

5. DHarvell says

I loved “My Own Worst Enemy” AND “The Forgotten”. I don’t think they were bad shows, at all. It certainly is not because Christian Slater is a bad actor – he’s world class. The cancellation of these shows reflect nothing except for the networks’ hair trigger eagerness to cancel a show that isn’t performing to their standards, as unreasonable as they may be.

6. Cida Mel says

I totally agree. I love both shows MOWE and The Forgotten. I believe Christian is great in everything he does, he’s such an amazing actor. I hope he is very successful in his new projects. It doesn’t matter if they will be on TV or in the movies. I just love his work. I would love if The Forgotten could still go on but if this is inevitable, good lucky to Christian Slater in his upcoming work. Christian you’re simply the best and your fans love you so much… keep up with the good work…

7. Ray Kurowski says

Both his shows were great. Its just that people would rather shows like watch 24 and Lost. Mind you, I’m a huge fan of Lost but I still watched and enjoyed The Forgotten.

8. Marcy says

I loved Forgotten. I think they should renew that show, not get him another show. He is a great actor, and Forgotten is a great show.

9. david says

fox is one of the best networks, i luv all there shows, its not fox its the actor, hes just not good haha

10. AnnaNanna says

Christian should still try for television roles. He is absolutely awesome at whatever he does. Just stay away from FOX. They only want the crap that will pay off in the short term. Keep your head up Christian. There are still people out here that love you and your work. We’re just waiting for the rest of the world to wake up.

11. Jeremy Rynek says

I say keep going for it. Just like Nathan Fillion. He found one that worked, but I say stay away from Fox. They have the WORST record. Now either the advertising was bad (unlike american idol) or their just greedy and wont take a chance. (What do you think?) But on the other hand he’s running out of options. So don’t get sucked in if he does get on Fox. They (and every network really) should have a warning at the beginning of each series, “WARNING: This show may not last beause if a bunch of people you’ve never met and probably never will do not watch this show we’re just gonna take it off the air because we don’t give a crap about the veiwers, we just give a crap about the money we’re spending and the money we make. Sorry for the inconvience.” I was generous about the last part. In case you didn’t figure that out. Im I wrong???????

12. C.J. says

Yes, Slater should continue trying to get in new TV series; it’s not a curse he has, he’s just been in some bad shows, that’s all.

13. says

Slater’s a good actor and deserves another shot at a successful show. I wanted to like The Forgotten, but it had too many weaknesses and poor ratings, making its cancellation understandable.