Friends with Benefits: NBC Series to Air Saturdays Fridays

Friends with BenefitsIt’s been more than a year since NBC officially announced their Friends with Benefits sitcom. They’ve kept it on the back burner for the whole season, choosing to air under-performing shows like The Paul Reiser Show, Perfect Couples, and Love Bites first. Clearly, they have no faith in the project. If you needed any more proof, the peacock has now chosen to burn off episodes of the sitcom on little-watched Fridays starting in August.

Friends with Benefits revolves around a group of twenty-somethings who try to navigate through the often confusing world of dating. The sitcom stars Ryan Hansen, Danneel Harris, Zach Cregger, Andre Holland and Jessica Lucas.

Earlier this week, it was revealed that installments of Friends with Benefits would be burned off in pairs at 8pm on Saturday nights, beginning June 25th. A day later, NBC changed their scheduling and decided to keep repeats of Minute to Win It in that timeslot.

Now, the peacock network plans to air back-to-back episodes at 8pm beginning Friday, August 5th. They’ll continue to run them through September 9th and that will leave one leftover episode. NBC may decide to sneak the final installment into the schedule somewhere, release it online, or just leave it sitting on the shelf. Barring a ratings miracle however, it seems highly unlikely that Friends with Benefits has even a remote chance of getting renewed for season two.

What do you think? Have you been waiting for this sitcom? Is it already doomed? Will you watch anyway?

lesyle November 4, 2012 at 1:49 pm

i started watching and it awesome and funny and the actor and actress are so good

Ryan September 12, 2011 at 6:50 pm

I really hope this show has a second season!

Jolene September 9, 2011 at 11:10 pm

I love this show!!!!!!!! I really want a season 2. I fell in love with the cast ans thought it was hilarious!!!! Please keep it around!!

Craig August 22, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I watched the pilot, and it had some laughs. However, I don’t think I will watch any more. The cast just doesn’t feel right to me. Ryan Hansen was the d bag sidekick on Veronica Mars, and he still gives me that same vibe. The rest of the cast while very attractive all seem like supporting characters instead of leads, and so none of them click as characters I want to really know about.

cognomen June 29, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Like I said, it’s practically the same as all the other shows out there. Even the bar scenes look the same as Traffic Light or Samantha Who. The title is the same as the movie Friends With Benefits which has the same story as the other movie No Strings Attached, and so on and so on…

Amber June 24, 2011 at 9:51 am

Ive been waiting for this show!

ThirstyBird June 16, 2011 at 3:49 pm

My first time on this site. Jokers everywhere.

Make_up_grrl June 15, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I’ve seen a few episodes of the show through a friend of mine and I thought it was great! BUT, being a licensed cosmetologist, I have to say that Danneel’s make-up was just…bad. Was this TV show union?

cognomen June 15, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Sounds like every other show out there now–dime a dozen.

@Farah, how did you see ALL 13 episodes, unless you worked for the show in some way and are promoting it in hopes that it’d get renewed so you can work again? Obviously, the network has no faith in it.

ThirstyBird June 14, 2011 at 6:50 pm

I agree with Farah. I saw some episodes and it really grew on me.

Helly_666 June 13, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Hey Farah Question: ARE U Danneel???????

Farah June 13, 2011 at 10:34 am

This show is really cute. I saw all 13 episodes. The cast is hilarious. And if you give it past the initial pilot it gets really good. Give it a chance.

Darthnikki June 11, 2011 at 7:11 am

I think that after shows like Friends and How I met your mother the story is one in the same and not very appealing to any audience as its an old recipe that has worked in the past but maybe now overused fodder.

The cast itself is little known, which isn’t necessairly a bad thing as the cast from Friends was in the same unknowns league. However, the writing was at times amusing and the characters themselves endearing. After seeing some of the acting from some of the cast of this show, unfortunately thier acting leaves much to be desired.

Shane Freile June 10, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Yeah I’ll check it out. I kind of figured they decided not to show it. It doesn’t look great and there’s no way it will be as good as The Paul Reiser Show