Hart of Dixie: Season Two Ratings

CW Hart of Dixie TV show ratingsLast season Hart of Dixie was almost cancelled due to low ratings. The network renewed it, likely with the expectation that the audience would grow. Will more people watch this season? We’ll have to wait and see.

The second season of Hart of Dixie typically airs on Tuesday nights on The CW network. The cast includes Rachel Bilson, Cress Williams, Jaime King, Scott Porter, and Wilson Bethel.

Here are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Hart of Dixie is going to be cancelled or renewed for season three.

Episode 02-22: Tuesday, 05/07/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.19 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 0.55 in the demo with 1.36 million.

Episode 02-21: Tuesday, 04/30/13
0.5 in the demo (+25% change) with 1.20 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 0.55 in the demo with 1.37 million.

UPDATE: The CW has renewed the series for a third season.

Episode 02-20: Tuesday, 04/23/13
0.4 in the demo (-20% change) with 1.10 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.55 in the demo with 1.38 million.

Episode 02-19: Tuesday, 04/16/13
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.30 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.39 million.

Episode 02-18: Tuesday, 04/09/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.20 million (-20% change).
Season averages: 0.57 in the demo with 1.40 million.

Episode 02-17: Tuesday, 03/05/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.50 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.41 million.

Episode 02-16: Tuesday, 02/26/13
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.38 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.40 million.

Episode 02-15: Tuesday, 02/19/13
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.37 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.40 million.

Episode 02-14: Tuesday, 02/05/13
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.44 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.41 million.

Episode 02-13: Tuesday, 01/29/13
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.32 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.40 million.

Episode 02-12: Tuesday, 01/22/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.45 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 0.57 in the demo with 1.41 million.

Episode 02-11: Tuesday, 01/15/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.37 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.41 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 02-10: Tuesday, 12/11/12
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.41 million (-12% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.41 million.

Episode 02-09: Tuesday, 12/04/12
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.60 million (+15% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.41 million.

Episode 02-08: Tuesday, 11/27/12
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.39 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.39 million.

Episode 02-07: Tuesday, 11/20/12
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.23 million (-24% change).
Season averages: 0.57 in the demo with 1.39 million.

Episode 02-06: Tuesday, 11/13/12
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.62 million (+15% change).
Season averages: 0.58 in the demo with 1.41 million.

Episode 02-05: Tuesday, 10/30/12
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.41 million (+7% change).
Season averages: 0.58 in the demo with 1.37 million.

Episode 02-04: Tuesday, 10/23/12
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.32 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.57 in the demo with 1.36 million.

Episode 02-03: Tuesday, 10/16/12
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.40 million (+18% change).
Season averages: 0.60 in the demo with 1.37 million.

Episode 02-02: Tuesday, 10/09/12
0.5 in the demo (-29% change) with 1.19 million (-22% change).
Season averages: 0.60 in the demo with 1.36 million.

Episode 02-01: Tuesday, 10/02/12
0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.53 million total viewers.
Season averages: 0.70 in the demo with 1.53 million.

Year-to-year, the premiere was down by 13% in the demo (vs a 0.8 rating) and down by 18% in viewership (vs 1.88 million). This was however the show’s best performance since January 2012. Will they stay at this level or drop as they did last season.

Reference point: The 2011-12 season averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.57 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Hart of Dixie TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Jessica February 26, 2013 at 9:03 pm

I absolutely love watching Hart of Dixie! I find I smile during the whole show, laugh, and look forward to the commercial being finished, so it will be back on! I do not like to miss any episodes! Please renew it for another season – it has an awesome story line with believable characters! The writers have done a wonderful job creating this show and the actors/actresses are phenomenal! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show!!!

James February 27, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Me too Jessica! I absolutely love the show and can’t wait until the next episode. I’m really into the storylines of the various characters and would be so disappointed if it were cancelled before we learn what happens with the Lemon, Lavon, and Annabeth triangle. Also what’s to become of Zoe and Wade’s relationship after the 02/26/2013 episode.
Hart of Dixie represents a great escape from the harshness of reality to a place of community and love. There are plenty of crime, medical, vampire, fake reality, and talent shows for those that are into that!

Donna February 22, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Love Hart of Dixie and hope it stays on, love the characters and the story line about a small town how the people interact , sad about Emily Owens MD being cancelled thought this could have been very Good as well .

lois February 21, 2013 at 9:08 am

Why people want this show to be rrenewed? It do not have nothing being a doctor anymore. All about being i n a reationship. The people in it has not went anywhere there. You all know that the show is slow. And nobodycare about her show at all. Rachel depend on other to promote get show. Did not tell nobody she was audition for himym a month ago. Need to cancel it already.

Anonymous February 21, 2013 at 4:56 pm

You should acquainted yourself with the English language and grammar.

Lex February 27, 2013 at 9:16 am

Seriously learn how to speak English and form proper sentences before bashing a great show.

Lbrown February 19, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I just watched Season 1 on Netflix and I love this show, I am an instant fan. Please keep this show. Everytime you find a great show they seem to end. Please, please renew this show the cast is great and a wonderful storyline.

Teri February 12, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Season one was definitly a fun season to watch. I like how events turned the way they should to give Zoe and George the opportunity to explore a relationship together. The other characters were also great. Then the wedding night mishaps. They could have been easily fixed by Zoe and Wade having their one night with Wade continuing to womanize as is his personality; and George and Zoe finally getting together as their strong feelings for each other would draw them together…after all he just called off his wedding for her. Instead it was as if it was all a joke. Everything season one led to seemed to be forgotten and characters all changed their personalities. There have been 3 great chances for things to get back on track but instead the story continues down an unbelievable path for Wade, Zoe and George. I have lost the spark for this show. It’s too bad as it has so much potential with great characters played by awesome actors; and it’s a wholesome show which is a nice change…but if it’s cancelled I won’t feel like I’m missing out on a great story anymore. Sad because it could have been so much more.

CMT February 15, 2013 at 1:17 pm

I have to disagree with you. Wade’s feelings for Zoe were developed quite a lot in Season 1 and although Zoe seemed to spend the season infatuated with George, she was clearly attracted to Wade. In the finale when Zoe and Wade finally slept together, her feelings for Wade deeped even if she wasn’t ready to admit it. Zoe is not the type of girl to sleep around and the show has made that quite clear so once Zoe became physically intimate with Zade, she was more ready to give things with Zade a shot. This season has shown what a good boyfriend Wade could be and he eventually convinced Zoe of this too. I absolutely adore Zoe and Wade together and have found their progression completely believabale.

James February 27, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I agree with CMT. In addition to Zoe and Wade, there are many other strong characters and storylines that have developed. The show is no longer just about Zoe Hart, it’s about the community of Blue Belle. Lemon, Lavon, and Annabeth deserve happiness too! The relationship between Tom and Wanda is beautiful and it’s nice that Brick has someone to love too. The diversity of this show is another great thing about it too. From interacial relationships to May and December romances (Brick & Shelby), and just last night I learned that Wally is Wanda’s uncle and in an interacial marriage. I find all of this wonderful because it’s occuring in the South and represents the progress of the 21st Century.

Tae February 12, 2013 at 12:45 pm

I hope this shiw renews. I just watched the whole firat season on netflix and now i am hooked. I have always loved Rachel Bilson as an actor. I watched the OC when she played Summer. Iwann thats why i atarted watching thia show. Plus i really want to know what happens with Zoe and Wade. George and Tansy or Lemon and Levon. So much to know…

Amber W February 11, 2013 at 3:45 pm

I’m so hoping Hart of Dixie doesn’t get cancelled. Seriously, this is the only show I watch on the CW. I LOVE this show, and the actors are absolutely phenomenal! I’ve been so disappointed the CW hasn’t promoted Hart of Dixie more like they have with so many other shows. If this awesome show gets cancelled, I wont be watching the CW shows again. The ratings haven’t been so great, I hope they will improve more!

Tracy February 10, 2013 at 3:51 am

I may have found the show late but I loved it instantly! Please let there be more seasons so these wonderful characters can continue to grow…and we can all watch :)

Michelle February 8, 2013 at 4:34 pm

For all the fans in Australia please please don,t cancel this great show maybe some air time on shows like Ellen would help others know of this wonderful show ?

James February 27, 2013 at 9:20 pm

That’s a wonderful idea Michelle! This show does need to be promoted and an appearance by the cast on shows like Ellen would help.

Beryl February 6, 2013 at 6:01 am

I beg you (whoever you are who makes these kinds of decisions) to renew Hart of Dixie because it’s fresh, it’s funny, it’s positive and I really want to know how Zoe and Wade will work out their not-so-typical relationship. And if Lemon and Lavon will ever get back together… And if George will finally, finally go back to New York … or run for mayor him self. I really just need to know. Please. Please please please.

Michelle February 5, 2013 at 10:42 pm

I absolutely love Hart of Dixie, please don’t cancel! I hate when a great show gets cancelled, and this show is a refreshing departure from all of the murder, medical and detective shows that we keep seeing over and over again. The actors are all great, the story keeps you pulled in and I look forward to it every week. Don’t cancel it!

MJO February 5, 2013 at 10:06 am

Please Please PLEASE renew Hart of Dixie! It’s a nice change of pace to everything else that’s on. I love the characters, the story lines, and the town of Bluebell. Makes me wish I could visit it. Give it another chance, and renew it for another season!

Tasha Tupper February 5, 2013 at 12:59 am

I hope Hart of Dixie renews. I only recently discovered it and started spreading word about it to friends, who all quickly watched past episodes on Netflex to get up to speed. We all love it! Give it a chance to catch on. I find Hart of Dixie to be a refreshing, lighthearted, show with the perfect mix of love triangles , good story lines, comedy, and hidden deeper messages about finding happiness with who you really are. I am sick and tired of crime shows, murder, CSI, Law and Order and the lot. Sometimes you just want to escape to a place like Bluebell, Alabama.

Ria Ryan February 3, 2013 at 10:45 am

Love Love Hart of Dixie, This show washes over you in a pleasant and langorus way yet I feel real affinity for the shows characters and their struggles. I think that we are seeing new depth to characters such as Lemon and Wade. I especially like the fact that the characters are all in their early thirties yet not ‘settled’ for life. As a show it is going from strength to strength and I hope we see many more seasons in the future. p.s. I want to visit Bluebell!!

Therese January 27, 2013 at 12:37 am

Love Hart of Dixie. Please renew. Same with Beauty and the Beast.
I am very sad Emily Owens MD was cancelled, such a brilliant show and getting better each week, with a bit of cast tweaking it could have been as good as Greys Anatomy!