Hello Ladies: Cancelled; No Season Two But…

hello ladies canceled on HBOWhile HBO has cancelled Hello Ladies, that won’t be the end of the line for the characters. The cable channel plans to wrap up the TV series with a special. There’s no word on when it will air just yet.

Based on Stephen Merchant’s stand-up act, Hello Ladies revoles around Stuart Pritchard (Merchant) and his search for love in Los Angeles. The rest of the cast includes Christine Woods, Nate Torrence, Kevin Weisman, and Kyle Mooney.

The first season ran for eight episodes, from September until November of 2013. The premiere drew 522,000 viewers and subsequent installments drew fewer.

What do you think? Did you like Hello Ladies? Are you sorry there won’t be a second season? How would you like to see Stuart’s story end?

Natosha September 18, 2014 at 3:54 pm

This show is fantastic! We found it on Amazon Prime and binged watched the first season. I’m so broken hearted that it was cancelled. I don’t get it! It was HILARIOUS! Stop taking away great shows and leaving crappy shows in place. What do we have to do to bring this back?

Sam September 15, 2014 at 10:01 pm

I identify with Stuart’s journey to find the right gal. I did not enjoy the gang episode. Like others, it took me a couple of episodes to get into it.

I would like to see Stuart end up with Jessica.

I was pleased that Stuart did the right thing iat the end of episode 8.

I hoped to see more seasons. I hope the finale episode gets Stuart with Jessica.

Anonymous September 12, 2014 at 4:17 am

Yea, I liked it. It took a couple of episodes to get me hooked. I really could have done without Stuarts obnoxious English accent if I’m being totally honest. Now if that’s how he speaks in real life then do what Charlie Hunnam did for sons of anarchy, cause if he didn’t drop his stupid English accent SONS wouldn’t have made it past season 1 either.

paul ziegler September 9, 2014 at 4:44 am

By far my favorite show last fall. Im extremely disappointed that it was cancelled.

Marie Davis September 6, 2014 at 10:40 am

PLEASE have a Season 2! I LOVED this show. It was the BEST. Please bring it back.

Marianna August 25, 2014 at 8:39 pm

I loved hello ladies and so did my family. I did not think it would be cancelled. I would like to see the two main characters get together.

fred s August 25, 2014 at 10:49 am

This was quality programming. True humor.

HBO do the right thing and bring it back.