Hit & Miss: No Season Two for DirecTV Series

Hit and Miss TV seriesSky Atlantic has opted not to bring Hit & Miss back for a second season. The TV show has been running on DirecTV here in the US. According to Sky Atlantic’s official statement, they only planned for the UK TV series to run for just one season anyway.

It reads, “Hit & Miss was commissioned as a self-contained drama. The series was the first UK drama commissioned for Sky Atlantic and the response from our customers and the press has been overwhelmingly positive. Following the success of this series, Sky Atlantic continues to be committed to investment in original British scripted productions with upcoming drama Falcon, and other productions which will be announced soon.”

Hit & Miss follows Mia (ChloĆ« Sevingy), a contract killer with a secret: she’s a pre-op transsexual. Mia’s life is sent into a tailspin when she receives a letter from an ex-girlfriend who’s dying from cancer. The letter reveals that Mia fathered a son eleven years ago. Faced with a difficult decision, Mia becomes the guardian to a new family, a choice that forces her to mix her killer instincts with her newly acquired maternal ones. Hit & Miss is the story of a lethal killer at the heart of a troubled family and how all of their lives are dramatically changed.

Others featured in the show include Peter Wight, Jonas Armstrong, Vincent Regan, Ben Crompton, Karla Crome, Reece Noi, Jorden Bennie and Roma Christensen.

The six episodes began running on DirecTV on July 11th and finished on August 15th.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a second season of Hit & Miss? What would you liked to have seen happen?

Court September 27, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Great show. Stumbled across the show whiile flipping through the channels and was immediately hooked. Would really like to see what happens next. Please reconsider additional seasons.

jennifer casey September 25, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I’m am livid – bring it back!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy September 23, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I loved the show. Great cliff hanger ending. Very good acting. Please bring this back.

sandra ambris September 23, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Love this show! Would love to see a season 2

Leona September 23, 2012 at 6:00 pm

This show really needs to come back. If Chloe won’t do it, then find a real transsexual to do it. There is more depth in this show than any I have seen in a while. As Mia said, “This is how it could work….” The show is easily good enough, and the added publicity will put it waay over the top. Think about it, please?

Larry Hobbs September 22, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I hate it that Sky Atlantic is cancelling Hit & Miss. What a GREAT show with gtreat acting, directing, music and it was different than most shows on TV. PLEASE bring it back!

Nurit September 19, 2012 at 2:05 pm

What a shame!!!
A great show. Please re-think!

Mlowe September 18, 2012 at 8:47 am

Great show…as usual , the knobs in charge have canceled an excellent production in faavor of…what? More drivel? Maybe a little Honey boo-boo type show to entertain the folks who would be likely to stand by and watch a trainwreck with levity?

Jen September 17, 2012 at 6:05 pm

PLEASE BRING BACK HIT & MISS!!!!! It is the best show I’ve seen in years. The cast is brilliant, the scenery and culture of its location is infectious, the humanity of the show is heart wrenching and heart warming , and the music is perfect like magic. The stories are not done! We want to know what happens next!!! Please don’t let this one go!

Angel September 14, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Reyna Voop sums it up very well!!!
This is the 1st show in a LONG time that had me GLUED to the TV when it was on. What the heck is wrong with these dumb people axing GREAT shows. It has a great future with many storys to unfold……..
BRING IT BACK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

snoopy September 12, 2012 at 8:47 pm

I totally agree with Reyna Voop.
Television is so scared of original dramas

Matthew September 9, 2012 at 4:52 am

Really sad I love that series and I wanted more and did believe that they would create more as this season had lots of views! :-(

Reyna Voop September 7, 2012 at 7:24 am

I think my patronage equals the kiss of death. >:(

Every single television show I like and follow gets cancelled. My latest fave, ‘Hit & Miss’, has been axed, not getting a second season and leaving so many things unresolved and ending on a completely screwed note. It was a brilliant programme; well-filmed, edgy and happily outside the average comfort-zone.

So… enjoy your s#!%%* reality shows, regurgitated talent contests and endless re-hashes of crime scene, hospital and court dramas, folks. Anything progressive, original or thoughtful won’t succeed because of the absolute glut of crap that gets broadcast because nobody will take a chance and back quality shows.

Bill September 14, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I think Reyna summed it up perfectly. Why should we be able to watch an exciting dramatic series when we can see people chasing all over the country rescuing trash or chasing hogs.

Jess September 6, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Noooooo! I love this show- great characters and beautifully done.
It’s a shame there won’t be any more episodes, especially with the
season ending with so many loose ends. Great acting by all of the cast,
I would’ve watched many more episodes to come.

Trish September 6, 2012 at 4:30 pm

LOVE the show Hit & Miss. VERY sorry it won’t be back…please reconsider! Powerful characters, well written, riviting drama. The characters so compelling I find myself thinking of them for several days after each show.