Katie: Host Katie Couric Says Goodbye to Cancelled Show

Katie TV show last episodeToday, Katie Couric said farewell to her cancelled daytime talk show, Katie, after two seasons. The show was reportedly dropped due to mediocre ratings and high costs.

The final episode’s guests were Morgan Freeman, Susan Sarandon, Valerie Harper, Martina McBride, and Josh Groban. In his first appearance on the show, Groban brought flowers and noted that he’d wanted to appear sooner but had been on tour.

There were also plenty of taped farewells from stars like Betty White, Barbra Streisand, Jimmy Kimmel, and Drew Brees.

In the show’s final moments, Couric thanked her staff and her audience for their support and noted that it felt like the end of an era — even though the era has only lasted two years.

Couric is moving to Yahoo! where she will serve as a global anchor for the site.

What do you think? Did you watch Katie? Did you think it was a good daytime series?

165 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Carole Hogle says

It is disappointing to hear about the cutting of the Katie show. Because of my schedule I each was unable to watch everyday. She was a welcomed treat to the other daytime dribble. Her time slot was not compatible to her possible viewing audience. Mothers are very busy at 3:00 o’clock weekday afternoons. Picking up children and taking them to activities or busy with them coming home. I shared this with friends when she began her show. So sad the network is so out of touch with the women’s daytime schedule. I am sure if they broadcast sports advents in the middle of the weekday afternoon, they would also be pulled. Katie will find a better opportunity. Best of Luck to a Bright, Personable, Talented Lady

2. Carole says

She is now with Yahoo. I have signed up for all the info she will be generating from there. Google her and find it and do the same. She is a class act and I won’t let her and her valuable information go.

3. says

I’m really sorry to hear that Katie has been taken off the air. She had a great thing going, very good guests and yes, kids could watch it and not have to listen to back biting stuff as sometimes happens on other talk shows. Shem was a down to earth type person and I shall truly miss her. Thanks Katie for showing good moral character among other things. so often times you just hear mundane chatter about nothing, Katie was very interested in what her guests had to say. Who cares what someone wore to some gala event when their are really more important and interesting things to talk about. Good luck Katie, I wish you luck an God Speed.

4. yvette says

This show was something you could watch with kids in the room unlike other morning shows. I appreciated the good morals displayed on the show, its a shame more aren’t like Katie!

5. says

I loved Katie’s show, I was totally surprised to hear it was being cancelled. Her show was very informative and uplifting as well as eye opening. She covered such an array of interesting topics. I loved the lighter side of her on this show versus some of her formal stiff news broadcasting shows. I wish her well.

6. Caryn says

I cannot believe the Katie show was cancelled. I watch it everyday. Somehow I must of missed the announcement of her leaving somehow because when I watched it yesterday that is the first time I had heard it. Very sad. Katie was such an inspiration. She always has a smile and always has something good and nice to say. I truly enjoyed her show. Katie, we love you!!!!! You will be soooo missed!!!!!

7. shirley knight says

Re: Katie Couric’s cancelled tv show. I did not get to see the final show but I did view it when I could and thought it was a good talk show. She entertained relevant topics and not in a superficial way…she sought experts and had meaningful discussions. I would rate her show in the top ten percent of what tv has to offer us…which as you know, is a lot of crap !

8. Margaret Crowe says

Sad to see Katie go off air I loved her show She was so real She asked questions you were thinking about I’m disappointed she was canceled I almost never missed her show

9. Deb says

The show had a “Me Too” feel to it.

There are many talk show hosts, and they all try to imitate Oprah.

Best of luck, Katie!

10. tony says

I think Katie is a fantastic reporter but to have her own talk show. …..ummm, I tried watching many times and she came across the t.v. as very bland. But still admire her very much.

11. Carole says

Amazing show but too intellectual for the “reality” viewer. Sorry. She was for the person who had intellectual curiosity and frankly too few viewers have that.

12. Manuel says

Very sorry for this great show to end in two years. My family watched every time. I hope she can take this show to another network.