Longmire: TV Series Renewed for Season Two

season two renewal for LongmireTo no surprise, A&E is renewing their new Longmire TV series for a second season. There’s no word yet on how many episodes have been ordered for round two or when they’ll debut.

Airing on Sunday nights, Longmire revolves around a Wyoming sheriff who’s trying to rebuild his life while maintaining order in his town and trying to keep his job. The cast includes Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, and Cassidy Freeman.

The TV series debuted on June 3rd with 4.1 million total viewers and became the cable channel’s most-watched scripted debut of all time. Four episodes of Longmire have aired so far this season and have averaged a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.88 million total viewers.

A&E ordered 10 episodes for the first season of the drama series. They’re expected to finish airing on August 5th. We’ll let you know when we know more about season two.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Longmire will be back for season two? Do you think this TV show should run for many seasons or just a few?

Canceled and renewed TV show

178 Comments on "Longmire: TV Series Renewed for Season Two"

Notify of

Jeanene
Jeanene
December 7, 2014 4:36 pm

Please bring the show back; so much potentail to educate on the Native American culture. so important now as we look to save Mother Earth

Mickey Bentley
Mickey Bentley
February 10, 2014 8:56 pm

I love the show…we need more shows like this. My husband and I watched it every week! Please bring it back!

greywolf
greywolf
January 26, 2014 2:26 pm

I second that

Melinda
Melinda
January 12, 2014 10:25 pm

My husband and I have few shows that we like to watch together but we Love to watch LONGMIRE together, we look forward to it each week, PLEASE BRING THE SHOW BACK there are far to few really good shows on TV today, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BRING IT BACK FOR NEXT SEASON.

arnie
December 17, 2013 3:25 pm

please continue series

everettsmedley
November 4, 2013 6:02 pm

my wife and i both love the LONGMIRE SERIES. let us know when its comming back……………

Robert & Karen Hansen
Robert & Karen Hansen
August 29, 2013 6:16 pm

Waiting for return of Longmire one of the top shows
need more of the same.

Jan
Jan
August 27, 2013 12:12 am

The Longmire series Rocks!! My favorite show!!

Looking forward to seeing Season 3!!

Nancy Perry
Nancy Perry
August 26, 2013 11:32 pm

I hope they bring Longmire back next season. This is the only show on TV that we watch each and every week. The actors are becoming their characters. The writing is excellent. I never know what is going to happen next! This is a great show! Please bring it back!

Jan
Jan
August 20, 2013 11:46 pm

Longmire is my favorite show EVER!!!! I will be extremely disappointed if this series doesn’t return for season 3. I think it is the best show on television today and it is the ONLY show I watch. The shows are interesting, the characters true to life and each person has his own personality and they are all interesting.

maria bradbury
July 16, 2013 4:57 pm

i just love this show.have missed one episode only.july 1st.cant seam to get that one on the internet.i live in canada,most of my friends watch this show too.please dont cancell it.allways did like cowboys.

Marty Rene
Marty Rene
May 28, 2013 12:30 am

Aboslutely, bring this show back!…Decent all around, great story line…..I am hooked!…Please listen to the viewers and bring it back!…Our opinions should carry much weight…with out us..there are no shows.

poppy
poppy
May 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Just keep them coming. The more the better! I love this show!

sweet tweet
sweet tweet
May 27, 2013 7:59 pm

LONGMIRE, great show hopefully A&E will continue many more seasons. The shorter season has been accessible to this viewer if that’s what it takes to save network money and still have a great series. The cast fits together so well, clever story lines.

Fred
Fred
May 27, 2013 7:24 pm

I am 65 and felt lousy when “Vegas” got cancelled. Now I don’t feel so lousy because “Longmire” is back! A&E has a real winner here. As long as the episodes are up to the caliber of the first season I see “Longmire” hanging around. Glad you’re back Walt!

1 2 3 12