Manhattan: Season One Ratings

Manhattan TV show on WGN: latest ratingsWGN America is still very new to producing their original scripted series so it’s hard to know what they consider a ratings success. Salem was renewed for a second season. Will the new Manhattan series be renewed as well or will it be cancelled? We’ll have to wait and see.

Set in 1943, Manhattan follows the residents of a secret town of Los Alamos, New Mexico. Hidden away by the federal government, scientists live there with their families while they work to build the world’s first atomic bomb. The cast includes John Benjamin Hickey, Olivia Williams, Alexia Fast, Ashley Zukerman, Rachel Brosnahan, Daniel Stern, Katja Herbers, Christopher Denham, Harry Lloyd, Michael Chernus, Eddie Shin, Daniel London, and Mark Moses.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

What do you think? Do you like Manhattan TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Anonymous September 22, 2014 at 3:25 pm

The show is awesome. I look forward to it every week

JHR September 22, 2014 at 2:40 pm

This show has made me spend more time on Wikipedia than I like to admit, but growing up in the late 50’s and early 60’s when a nuclear attack could have very well happened at any time, not that it is any less likely today, nuclear technology and its beginnings has always been a great interest of mine.
I also like that it shows the social problems of our parents, grand parents, and so on, are not radically different from the ones we face today.
Yes, its fictional and the two leading scientist are really a combination of five or six actual nuclear scientist’s but it is written and acted very well with a terrific cast, I especially like Olivia Williams as Liza Winter.
Hope it makes it to a second season.

Anonymous September 22, 2014 at 2:13 pm

I loved the show up to the point where they have to throw in the Lesbian scenes. Why do producers feel they have to put in Homosexual scenes in every series they do is beyond me. I don’t know if I want to continue watching what could have been a good show.

Roger September 18, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Manhattan is a great show. It’s a great period piece, like the way the Waltons was or the Band of Brothers series was. There’s no way they can wrap this up in just 5 more episodes. I could see this going 4-5 seasons. As for marketing, can WGN do better? Maybe. Another thought is like on Direct TV, WGN is way up in the 300’s where nobody goes. In comparison, networks like TNT and FX are down in the 240-250 area where more viewers are apt to be flipping through and seeing the commercials and promos for the shows on those networks, such as The Strain, The Last Ship, and Falling Skies.
PS – WGN’s Legend is also a great show if you haven’t seen it yet.

Don Earman September 16, 2014 at 12:02 pm

I think the show “Manhatton” is outstanding. I don’t know how they can keep dragging the show out. They need to drop the bomb at some point.

Joe Merkel September 16, 2014 at 7:47 pm

It’s disappointing to to see that the viewer numbers are so low. If WGN got their marketing in gear, I think a lot of more people would seek it out and be pleasantly surprised as to how good it really is!!
Sunday night’s episode was really great in that it demonstrates how difficult it was to finally put the “bomb” together and make it work right. The ending of the latest episode was such a great cliff hanger as to what Charlie and Frank are going to do.
C’mon America, you’re missing a great show!

Joe Merkel September 15, 2014 at 7:47 pm

This show is so good in that it doesn’t insult my intelligence. We have a group of incredibly brilliant people all jammed together in a make shift town and some how make it work. It’s refreshing to see how smart they are but also how human they are and that doesn’t make them any different from me! The have to renew this show!

Gary September 15, 2014 at 4:06 pm

I LOVE this show!!!! So intelligently written about an important event in American history.

Robin Dabbs September 14, 2014 at 11:29 pm

ove the show! I not only lived in Los Alamos for a while, but worked on the Manhattan clean up project as an Environmental Tech.The show is very accurate to the historical data known.