Manhattan: Season One Ratings

Manhattan TV show on WGN: latest ratingsWGN America is still very new to producing their original scripted series so it’s hard to know what they consider a ratings success. Salem was renewed for a second season. Will the new Manhattan series be renewed as well or will it be cancelled? We’ll have to wait and see.

Set in 1943, Manhattan follows the residents of a secret town of Los Alamos, New Mexico. Hidden away by the federal government, scientists live there with their families while they work to build the world’s first atomic bomb. The cast includes John Benjamin Hickey, Olivia Williams, Alexia Fast, Ashley Zukerman, Rachel Brosnahan, Daniel Stern, Katja Herbers, Christopher Denham, Harry Lloyd, Michael Chernus, Eddie Shin, Daniel London, and Mark Moses.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

10/14 update: Manhattan has been renewed for a second season on WGN America.

Final season averages: 0.08 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 420,000 total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like Manhattan TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

John October 21, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Like it. Good show.

jim October 21, 2014 at 2:00 am

bring it back good cast

Dolores October 20, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Love the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan October 20, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Great show. I hope WGN keeps it. One of the best scripts, story lines, and actors in a long time.

Herb October 18, 2014 at 3:00 am

Glad to see the show renewed. Intelligent, a little frre wheeling on the history, but overall a well written and excuted program….now lets get off the hill and out to site “W”.

Bob Curtis October 17, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Great news that the show has been renewed!

Brian C October 15, 2014 at 5:33 pm

So glad to see this show renewed. Great writing and so many ways to go with character development. Absolutely hooked. Started watching on Hulu cuz I am overseas and binge watched the season up to episode 12 which I just finished in a week. Well done WGN. The ratings are great especially if you consider it’s prime time against the NFL and also now the Walking Dead.

G.A. October 14, 2014 at 3:43 pm

There is little on TV these days, worth anyone spending time to watch for an hour. Manhattan is something I look forward to seeing every Sunday evening and I turn in to watch the rerun in case I missed something.
Maybe, there are some careful viewers who have the characters all figured out, but I am still trying to guess who the good guys and bad guys are in the grand scheme of things.
I don’t know if I have funnny taste in programming or not, but I find some really interesting shows which don’t make it to a second season. (Anyone remember Swingtown?) I hope the same thing does not happen with Manhattan.

Joe Merkel October 14, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Besides the fact that this is so well written and acted, I like the fact that just because some of the smartest and brightest people on the planet at the time were placed in one very small area to develop the “bomb” to end of all wars, they still had their insecurities and daily battles to be the best!! It’s the humanizing of the characters that draws me to this show and that’s amazing when you think we all know the ending. The US built the first bomb that at least helped end World War II. This show is a stroke of genius!

Eileen October 14, 2014 at 12:54 am

Please, please renew. Every show is the run of the mill normal law show. This is profoundly different. Many of us grew up in the 40’s and can relate to this. 13 shows are not nearly enough to show the program’s potential. There are 45 actual minutes to most shows excluding commercials. That is not enough time to give it a real test run. It reminds me of a “historical fiction” novel. Even with Titantic, we all knew the ending, but wanted
to see the full story to give it more depth and closure. DO NOT CANCEL THIS SERIES!!!

Megan October 14, 2014 at 12:07 am

PLEASE RENEW!! It absolutely must be renewed! I LOVE this show! I can’t get enough of it! It’s killing me that the season finale is here aleady, I don’t want it to end!! It’s so well written, interesting, intelligent, creative….it’s just soooo good!

Cindy October 13, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Please renew. There is more to this story. I can’t finish here.

Anita October 13, 2014 at 12:47 pm

I love this show. One of the few for which I stop all multi-tasking and just watch! I love it because it’s THOUGHTFUL. It challenges me because the moral choices are complex. RENEW!! We have to find out each character’s response to the use of the atomic bomb.