More to Love: Poor Debut Ratings; Cancel It or Keep It?

More to LoveAs ABC wrapped up another season of the successful Bachelorette series, the FOX network has unveiled a very similar program. Did viewers show this one any love?

More to Love follows The Bachelor format but has a slight twist. Rather than littering the screen with the typical modelesque people, More to Love revolves around a plus-sized male trying to find love among a group of 20 similarly proportioned women.

As the season progresses, 26-year-old Luke Conley eliminates ladies from the competition in hopes of finding a mate. The show is hosted by plus-sized model Emme and was conceived by Bachelor creator Mike Fleiss.

The Tuesday premiere of More to Love attracted an average of 4.02 million viewers with a 1.9/5 rating/share in the adults 18-49 demographic. Those numbers put the debut in third place for both overall viewership and the demo.

Should More to Love be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Making things look even worse, More to Love also lost 40% of the audience from lead-in Hell’s Kitchen, which ranked in first place for its timeslot.

Despite the poor showing, the network isn’t giving up on it yet and are offering viewers additional opportunities to watch the premiere. They reran the premiere last night and have also slotted the episode to repeat on Monday night as well, hoping that viewers will tune in for episode two on Tuesday.

It’s unknown how many installments of More to Love have been produced. The network has scheduled episodes to run at least until September 1st and is likely to complete airing the competition. If ratings don’t improve however, it’s very unlikely that the show will return for season two.

What do you think? Is the show worth watching? Does it fill a void left by the conclusion of The Bachelorette. Is it a good idea or is it demeaning? Would you keep it or cancel it?

Barb September 15, 2009 at 10:17 pm

Caught this show kind of by accident, but got hooked on it. I’m so glad Luke
chose Tali. She totally seemed like the one better suited to him. She seems like a genuine, wonderful woman. I hope they’ll be very happy together.
Maybe we’ll see Tali and Luke plus 8 someday. Ha ha!

Cindy September 15, 2009 at 7:57 pm

Luke, I really feel you are a man with integrity and a heart that can sense sincerty. You choose the rigtht woman. I know you will have many happy wonderful years with Tally(hope I spelled it correct). We prayed you would pick her.

raven September 15, 2009 at 7:49 pm

LOVE THIS SHOW! It was not advertised and we had no idea it was even on until we stumbled across it in the listings! Tali was the right choice! She’s gorgeous and sweet. Melissa was a phony and only wanted to win. Bring the show back for another season!

Al September 15, 2009 at 7:40 pm

My wife and I loved this show. We were so glad when he picked Tali, I haven’t been on the edge of my seat like that for a tv show in a long time.

lynn September 15, 2009 at 7:16 pm

i watched the entire show every week. loved it !!! he chose the right girl. tali is the best woman for him. the most sincere. the most beautiful and i want to know hhow to find out if they really did get married/

Donnette September 15, 2009 at 7:07 pm

Luke made the right decision. She is beautiful. One reason that viewers were low is because they didn’t advertise it. I didn’t even know the show was on until this Sunday when they had a marathon. I ended up taping the marathon and watched it as I could. I will def tune in again. Just happened to flip through channels tonight and saw the finale was one.

jerry September 15, 2009 at 6:48 pm

he made the wrong choice he chose the skinny bitch now i think hes fake

Donna September 15, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Loved this show!! I think this show is more real than ThE Bachlorette as the average woman today is not size2 . I believe this show helped many woman and man that are not pencil thin, to feel there is hope for them! There is definetly someone for everybody !! Love it- please keep it!!

Heidi Davdison September 15, 2009 at 9:27 am

Keep it !! Great for the morales of all women with curves…and men too!

Ter September 14, 2009 at 10:06 am

Great show!!!!!!!!!! I Love watching it and it doesn’t matter what size you are Some women are just vicious!!!!!!!!!

Pamela September 13, 2009 at 7:03 pm

I can’t believe I missed this series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just saw the marathon today and have gotten everyone of the members of my family watching it all day today. And we will definately be watching the finale Tuesday night. Why didn’t they advertise this more??? It is so enchanting and a reality lover’s Must See. Our family, even the men, all watch the bachelor and bachelorette shows so please please continue this show and we will watch it faithfully in the future. Why stop a show that hasn’t even got off the ground yet? I will get everyone at work to watch it next time for sure!!! Advertise more when you are releasing something NEW like this……………….keep it going please!!!!!Love it!

Tara September 13, 2009 at 9:17 am

PLEASE KEEP THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not missed an episode… when is the season final episode?

robycop3 September 13, 2009 at 8:34 am

More to DISLIKE about this show, yet another inane dating/relationship pieca garbage. Hope it tanx soon. Turn off, tune out, drop dead.

tlee September 13, 2009 at 7:09 am

it was a good idea but luke seemed kinda sleezy. dogish almost. saying he respected the woman but treated them without…

James R. McDowell September 10, 2009 at 8:47 pm

KEEP IT!…………ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE AND ENTERTAINING AS WELL.