Nashville: ABC Series Renewed for Season Three

Nashville TV show on ABC: season threeIt looked touch and go there for awhile but ABC has now renewed Nashville for a third season of 22 episodes.

The Nashville TV show revolves around a rising country star (Hayden Panettiere) and a legendary superstar (Connie Britton) whose fame is fading. Others in the cast are Charles Esten, Eric Close, Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio, Jonathan Jackson, Chris Carmack, Lennon Stella, and Maisy Stella.

The show was on the bubble for cancellation last season, thanks to lackluster ratings. The numbers have dropped even lower for this season and it’s down by 21% in the demo. Season two of Nashville currently averages a 1.5 rating in the all-important 18-49 demographic with 5.34 million viewers.

It looked likely to be renewed for a third season, despite the low numbers and the high expense of the show’s top talent. However, Nashville is shot in Tennessee and the state recently voted to cut two-thirds of the tax benefits set aside for the show. That made it difficult for Lionsgate and ABC Studios to work out a deal that would work financially.

The show’s now been renewed for season three. Production may have to be moved out of Nashville unless the studios can get some of the tax incentives back.

What do you think? Are you glad that Nashville has been renewed or do you think it should have been cancelled to make way for something new? Should season three be the last?

Nancy September 2, 2014 at 12:00 pm

I love this show and can’t wait for Season 3! Please keep it going!

Jodi August 11, 2014 at 11:19 am

Thank you for session 3…. I am looking forward to putting my feet up after work and watching Nashville.. ;)

Donna August 6, 2014 at 10:52 pm

This is one of my all time favorite shows. It’s full of talent and fast paced. Love it. Please keep it going!!

Debbie July 30, 2014 at 11:31 pm

I absolutely love this show. I would be so sad if it was cancelled! I think the show has a great mix of drama, great music, great artist and handsome actors and georgeous actresses. The fashion and clothing is by far the best across the board along with beautiful hairstyles. I think this show represents Nashville with beautiful songs and music and it shows the struggles and how hard it would be to break through as an artist. The good and the evil is always interesting and in a crazy way you fall in love with Connie and Hayden. I love also that you can count on the guys to heat up the show as well.
I’m very happy the show was renewed! Thank You ABC!!!

sherri July 16, 2014 at 10:17 pm

I LOVE Nashville, and never dreamed there could be a possibility of it being cancelled!!! Only reason I looked this up was because the re-runs aren’t even on now, and I was getting worried!
PLEASE keep it on the air!!!!!

Thank you!!!

Brenda July 16, 2014 at 9:21 am

Happy, happy, happy

Kathy July 15, 2014 at 2:03 pm

I love the show and I am soooooo glad they have renewed it for a third season. I am going to tell all my friends how good it is and they should watch it. Thanks ABC!!!

Kathy July 15, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Melissa July 12, 2014 at 8:34 pm

I am very Happy that Nashville will continue to entertain us!!!!!