Nashville: One Less Episode for ABC Series

Nashville ABC TV showThere will be one less episode of Nashville, ABC’s country music dramatic series. The show will wrap its season after 21 episodes instead of the usual 22.

Accordng to TFC, the cut is being made because the show’s producers won’t be able to finish a full season of episodes in time for the May 22nd finale.

The 16 episodes that have aired so far have averaged a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with just over six million total viewers.

The series is hardly a hit for the network but it has a good shot at being renewed since all of the network’s other new dramas — Red Widow, 666 Park Avenue, Last Resort, and Zero Hour — have tanked.

The decision on Nashville’s fate will be made by May 14th, the date of ABC’s upfront presentation to advertisers.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there’s going to be one less episode of Nashville? Are you hoping that the series gets renewed?

rose April 20, 2014 at 8:43 am

love this show, both myself and my husband love this show and look forward to watching it every wed,
why do they always want to cancel the good shows and leave shows like honey boo boo on there

helena April 11, 2014 at 10:11 am

love the show hope it will be renewed. love all the charaters.

Debbie April 4, 2014 at 7:30 am

It would really be a shame for Nashville to be cancelled. I love Connie Britton’s character. There are so few shows with strong, moral female characters. In an era of infinite “reality” series – whose reality is that anyway- it is wonderful to watch a show about people with struggles, infidelity, and addiction who try overcome their difficulties and live honest lives. I love the music and the story line but mostly I think TV needs more shows that portray people who try live responsible lives.

Irene March 27, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I really love this show, watch reruns too. Will be a big shame if it’s not renewed. It’s a great show! Shows like this doesn’t come around too often. Hope ABC will renew the show.

Mary May 15, 2013 at 12:28 pm

One word: “smoldering”. Says it all.

Don’t cancel Nashville! It’s hot! I LOVE IT! And… I don’t even like country music but I bought the CD with music from Nashville.

Victoria May 6, 2013 at 1:37 am

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the show and now that i’ve become invested in the show I would hate to see it go. Being from Nashville I feel they’ve been representing us well and show the city in a positive light. Would love to hear that a second season is on the horizon!

Ruth May 5, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Please bring back the show. Love it. Would really miss it

Colleen May 5, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Love the characters in this show. Can’t wait to see what happens next. I too cannot watch the show during it’s regular time slot. I hope they take into account everyone who views through in demand.