Numb3rs: Cancelled? TV Show’s Sets Being Destroyed

Numbers canceledWhen CBS shortened the episode order for Numb3rs’ sixth season, the network claimed that it wasn’t a negative indication about the show’s future. With the series’ ratings in decline though, most could read between the lines. After all, how often do networks cut an episode order when they’re pleased with a TV show’s performance?

As time has gone on, it’s looked more and more likely that Numb3rs wouldn’t be around next season. ABC and FOX were even betting on it, casting Rob Morrow and David Krumholtz in their new pilots.

CBS is notoriously tight-lipped about their schedule plans until they’re announced at the upfront presentations to advertisers. We probably won’t hear about Numb3rs’ fate officially until Wednesday.

However, word is that the show’s sets are already being destroyed and that’s a sure sign that a TV show is dead. Numb3rs co-creator Cheryl Heuton confirmed the news via Twitter and also wrote, “Oddly enough, there’s still no official word. Though there are numerous unofficial indications. I think we know what to expect on Wednesday.”

What do you think? Sad to hear that Numb3rs won’t be back next season? Were you still hoping that there’d be a season seven?

Don Gato May 18, 2010 at 2:10 am

sad sad day

Don Gato May 18, 2010 at 2:09 am

All my fav shows are getting canceled this year it sucks

thegrimmling May 18, 2010 at 1:04 am

The show had a good run and ended on a good note.

Cindy May 17, 2010 at 9:54 pm

CBS lost a FABULOUS show!!!Just proves they care less about intelligent,entertaining programming!All they had to do was move NUMB3RS to another time slot;imagine putting NCIS on Friday’s at 10pm and see how fast THAT show sinks!! Thank you CBS for reinforcing my skepticism and cynicism in broadcasting…Nina Tassler can keep all her new shows!! DVD’S of NUMB3RS will be much more entertaining.

Sherilyn May 17, 2010 at 9:51 pm

I really enjoyed this show and truly wish they would reconsider. TV is replacing most of its shows with “reality” like the new “Jillian” show, they already have Biggest Loser and so many other reality shows why not just leave us a few shows to get “lost” in and make us realize our lives aren’t so bad you know? You can’t do that with reality shows because most of it is fake anyway………..

Ashley May 17, 2010 at 7:23 pm

I’m very sad to see it go and I can’t say that I’m very upset. Sadly, I can’t say that I’m surprised. I was hoping CBS would prove me wrong, but once again networks show that they don’t have a clue what interests people these days. I find it amusing and sad that when they seem so confused as to why no on stays home to watch tv anymore. Huh maybe because they don’t support the few intelligent shows out there anymore and what they replace them with is watered down garbage.

Anonymous May 17, 2010 at 6:42 pm

the only show worth watching… is gone.

tkb May 17, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Once again another good intelligent show cancelled to probably be replaced by another comedy or reality show.

Are you serious?!?! May 17, 2010 at 5:06 pm

I hate what their doing to Numb3rs!!!! I’m a high school student and we actually watch it in math class sometimes and now its over!!!! I was going to try and start a save Numb3rs campaign but if the sets are destroyed what’s the point? Taking away shows like this is why America is becoming so dumb!!!!

SEAL76 May 17, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Sorry to see it go. I had a feeling that it would. It had a great run but the plots were getting repetitive. Still I wouldn’t mind another season if they improved the show.

robyn May 17, 2010 at 9:14 am

Friday nights will not be the same. Started watching it about 3 years ago.
Another example that the network does not care about those of us who
do watch it.

Herb Finn May 17, 2010 at 12:07 am

Destroying the sets before an offical announcement is so when fans try to start a “Save Numb3rs” movement – CBS can say, “We can’t bring it back, the sets were struck”. :)

Disappointed Fan May 16, 2010 at 10:31 pm

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! THIS CAN’T BE TRUE!

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON TV AND ON CBS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan May 16, 2010 at 10:24 pm

I will miss this show a great deal. It was my favorite on TV. And it proves how stupid CBS is. Numb3rs frequently WON the Friday ratings. It beat Ghost Whisperer, it beat Medium. It was the highest rated show of the night like 95 percent of the time.

Mike May 16, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Again, they kill off one of the few intelligent shows on tv.