Numb3rs: Cancelled? TV Show’s Sets Being Destroyed

Numbers canceledWhen CBS shortened the episode order for Numb3rs’ sixth season, the network claimed that it wasn’t a negative indication about the show’s future. With the series’ ratings in decline though, most could read between the lines. After all, how often do networks cut an episode order when they’re pleased with a TV show’s performance?

As time has gone on, it’s looked more and more likely that Numb3rs wouldn’t be around next season. ABC and FOX were even betting on it, casting Rob Morrow and David Krumholtz in their new pilots.

CBS is notoriously tight-lipped about their schedule plans until they’re announced at the upfront presentations to advertisers. We probably won’t hear about Numb3rs’ fate officially until Wednesday.

However, word is that the show’s sets are already being destroyed and that’s a sure sign that a TV show is dead. Numb3rs co-creator Cheryl Heuton confirmed the news via Twitter and also wrote, “Oddly enough, there’s still no official word. Though there are numerous unofficial indications. I think we know what to expect on Wednesday.”

What do you think? Sad to hear that Numb3rs won’t be back next season? Were you still hoping that there’d be a season seven?

karen October 9, 2010 at 7:43 am

Can you not see that ppl are upset. A good clean program without all the sex and cussing. Yet you want to force fith down our thoats and that of our kids and grandkids and you wonder why there is trouble in the homes, schools and society. You are the cause of it by killing clean programing. What a joke, CBS is no OFF my tv in fact i think i shall just put a block on it due to idiocy of the network management staff. I even got my son HOOKED on it. Who ever is in charge of programing should be put before a fireing squad and terminated for shear idocy and corruption of family morals by not allowing for good programing. And another thing – this program should be shown in math classes around the US at the 10th grade level or even 9th so children can relate math to every day life. Maybe, just maybe they would then understand what the teachers are trying to say and really get it. I wish by all that is holy that i had seen this in school once a week during math then maybe i would have taken an interest and passed it with flying colours. I possessed an above average IQ and it would have been this sort of thing that would have helped me to understand better and relate. YOU ARE ALL FOOLS TO ALLOW DISCONTINUATION OF THIS PROGRAM. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!

Pat Gautreau October 1, 2010 at 8:14 pm

I anticipated September’s new shows on CBS as we watch CBS more than any other station. When two weeks of September passed I looked up numbers to see if it was on a delay start in October. To say I was shocked and disappointed is putting it mildly. So It’s enough to make our household strop watching CBS. So just as you CBS has options to drop what you think is failing ratings so do we have options not to renew our Friday or Tuesday or any other day options to watch CBS growing desire not to carry shows with value. 1-1=0=NO CBS. Hope you can do the math numbers.

Brisco September 22, 2010 at 5:04 am

WHAT IS UP WITH CBS EXECS?! THEY CANCEL NUMBERS, WHICH MY FAMILY LOVED, AND ALSO GHOST WHISPERER. THEY WERE TWO GREAT PARTS OF OUR FRIDAY NIGHT TV TRADITION OVER THE LAST SEVERAL YEARS. THEY SAVED MEDIUM FROM CANCELLATION ON NBC AND BROUGHT IT TO THE FRIDAY LINE-UP. CAN’T THEY SEE HOW GOOD THE SHOWS FIT TOGETHER. ALL OF THEM WERE GOOD FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY. NO CRUDE OR DISGUSTING SHOWS WHICH IS WHAT IT SEEMS THE NETWORKS WANT TO AIR. THAT OR REALITY TV. WHAT A JOKE. THEY SHOULD FIRE LES MOONVES. WHAT A COMPLETE IDIOT HE IS. NO MORE CBS FOR ME. I PROTEST WHAT THEY DID TO THESE SHOWS JUST LIKE I PROTEST WHAT LENO DID TO CONAN. I HAVEN’T WATCHED ONE TONIGHT SHOW SINCE LENO RETURNED AND NEVER WILL!!!!!!

Madelyn September 3, 2010 at 6:21 pm

waaaa!!! Damn CBS for canceling one of my favorite Friday shows! Why can’t they keep it on, and just change it to a different slot?? Whatever they have to do to keep it on!!!

Courtney White August 14, 2010 at 9:30 pm

I want Numb3rs back on CBS on its origional night and time friday night at 10pm I love numb3rs so much and I too hate CBS for cancelling it, and I want it to start in September of this year and not let it skip a year or two, THIS YEAR IT BETTER BE BACK ON!

Cyndie July 2, 2010 at 4:55 am

I hate CBS for canceling Numb3rs. It is a very good show. Good morals, interesting plots. GOD I HATE CBS!

Brian S June 29, 2010 at 11:42 pm

Man i wish they would keep going i love this show its my #1 fav Even more then Stargate Universe the story in numbers in alota ways reminds me of family lol and its nice to see math my fav class in school can be used so much in something other than solving one of the Seven Millennium Prize Problems or just using it to solve comic or phyisics problems. I really wana say You writers/directors/producers/cast..ect all did a truely FANTASTIC job making this show i wish you all the best and hope you continue the series soon. :)

signed Brian S of Neenah, WI

Pikachu June 8, 2010 at 2:36 pm

@admin
What does “TV Show’s Sets Being Destroyed” mean? How and why does this happen?

admin June 8, 2010 at 6:49 pm

@Pikachu: The show’s sets are destroyed because they are no longer needed.

Pikachu June 8, 2010 at 7:00 pm

@admin
On Wikipedia, I was on the According to Jim page. It says:
In December 2008, co-star Larry Joe Campbell said that the sets had been destroyed, indicating that the series was cancelled, but that a series finale had been recorded. After the first six episodes of Season 8 all aired in December, According to Jim returned to ABC’s schedule on April 14, 2009 for the final 12 episodes. The series finale of According to Jim aired on June 2, 2009 on ABC, and was titled “Heaven Opposed to Hell”.
Mom thinks it’s a idiom.

jack May 23, 2010 at 1:01 pm

very sad to see the show end, I hope CBS will reconsider to bring the show back, I find Numbers to be a great show with great education as well. I dont see anything better this show on Friday night at 10pm. what do we need to do as fans to bring the show back?

thegrimmling May 23, 2010 at 7:50 am

Traditionally, Friday Night = Death for a TV show.

B P May 22, 2010 at 11:34 am

CBS Officials have their priorities set wrong they want to cancel Shows that made to make you want to think and try to figure out the plot
All they want to leave us with are shows that use sexual reference and with poor humor.
I am still trying to figure out what could of possibly been better to watch then Numbers at the 10 pm slot or Cold Case at the same time slot for sunday nights.
Maybe i need to start looking around at the other networks and see if they have more intelligent broadcast then what CBS wants to offer us

Math Teacher May 22, 2010 at 7:20 am

I LOVE this show! Iam incredibly sad to see it cancelled. I looked forward to it every week. I even showede it in my classroom. Thje kids loved it too!! Maybe they will reconsider…

BIRDIE JOHNSON May 21, 2010 at 11:42 pm

I THINK THATS NOT RIGHT NUMBERS IS A GREAT SHOW ONE I LIKE ALOT ONE I WATCH IN THE EARLY MORRING ON TNT THAT WOULD BE GREAT IF THEY WOULD PICK IT UP IF CBS DOSEN’T

Greg May 21, 2010 at 7:28 pm

I love this show and think it shoul NOT end.

Der Xiong May 21, 2010 at 5:54 pm

I can’t believe cbs is canceling Numbers. When I watched the last episode of Numbers season finally, I didn’t know it would be the last season. I’m a big fan of this show and hopefully cbs will listened to the fans. And bring the show of Numbers back this coming fall. I’ll be looking for the fall preview for Numbers , soon.