Parenthood: Season Four Renewal from NBC

season 4 for NBC ParenthoodThe Braverman family will be back next season. NBC has renewed Parenthood, their family drama, for a fourth season.

The move certainly comes as no surprise if you follow the ratings. While the show has been in danger of cancellation in the past, the state of NBC’s current schedule ensured that Parenthood would be renewed for another round of episodes.

It also certainly didn’t hurt that the show is produced by NBC-Universal and is coming close to having enough episodes for syndication.

According to TV Line, Parenthood has been renewed for a 15 episode season. If the ratings are strong enough, the order could certainly be increased to a full 22 episode season.

This season, Parenthood averaged a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.13 million total viewers. On our NBC Ratings Report Card — which measures the demo success of shows on the network — Parenthood has a solid “A” grade. It’s the third-highest rated scripted show on the network this season.

We’ll know for sure if Parenthood will be returning next fall (very likely) and on what night.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that it’s been renewed? Were you worried that it would be cancelled? How long do you think the series should run?

Anonymous January 15, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Great show. Funny, real, keep it coming!!!!!

Anonymous January 13, 2013 at 1:21 am

I started watching at the end of last season. I found iealistic family drama . I was hooked and was happy when the new season started. It has great family values. Dont cancel.

Barbara January 12, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Love parenthood. I hope they don’t cancell it. I make sure everything I have to do is finished so I can watch parenthood.

Sharon POlsin November 8, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Cancel Are you kidding me. This is the best family show on TV. My husband and I who are in our 70s love this show and look forwardto thursday nite just for that reason. I tell everyone that they should watch it.It is a true to life program about every aspect in life. Finally a show on tv that doesn’t swear or say lewd things. This show is funny, sad, makes me laugh and cry. Please Please don’t cancel it. The winter is just tooo long without Parenthood. Every actor is just wonderfull and they blend in together like a real family. So many lessons in life are learned from this wonderful program . In our 70′s and loving this show Sharon Polsin and Bob

Rusty November 7, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I love this show. There are so many situations that we can relate to. It’s almost like watching your own family on tv, but better. Being a breast cancer survivor, and watching how it effects other families, makes you feel normal. It’s a well put together show. The cast is excellent. I wish it was on earlier, it’s a family show. Keep up the great work!

jane October 31, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I think it would be a shame to cancel this show. it deals with real life problems with
dignity, in family situations which could happen to any of us. please keep it going. I get very tired of so many reality shows and shows seems to be getting more sexual and showing in prime time which is not family type viewing.

Judie October 30, 2012 at 10:39 am

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show! It’s very frustrating when being off the air for the entire summer–it just disappears again in mid-October! Cannot imagine this show would not be renewed for full number of episodes!

JUDY October 24, 2012 at 11:22 am

I AM SO UPSET ! MY MOST FAVORITE SHOW. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE ? MAKES PERFECT SENSE, GET RID OF THE GOOD SHOWS AND PUT SWILL ON THERE ! I WISH I COULD GIVE TV UP.

Anonymous September 12, 2012 at 11:10 am

they keep shows like this on the air and not Harry’s Law ??!! Shameful

Carol Larsen September 11, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Parenthood is an absolute primer for any parent whether the kids are young or old. The inclusion of Asbergers syndrome just tops off the relevance to us all. I have such respect for the writers who keep putting out such meaningful script. In addition to that is the remarkable cast of actors. Simply a must see for all.

Dee September 11, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Parenthood is my favorite show and I eagerly await the day it airs again! Gotta love the Bravermans!

Julie Heath September 4, 2012 at 7:03 am

I have enjoyed the series Parenthood very much. Great stories and
always look forward to the next week to come.

Pat September 2, 2012 at 6:21 am

I am delighted that this show will be back. It is quality t.v. I am so tired of reality shows and quiz shows. I want something that I can follow and something to look forward to watching.

Debi August 28, 2012 at 5:39 am

This makes me very happy! This is such a fabulous show and the quality of the show is rarely seen on tv today. Keep it coming for as long as possible!!

barbara August 27, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Finally something worth watching on TV. I love this show.