Raising Hope: FOX TV Series Renewed for Season Two

Raising HopeThough its sister show, Running Wilde, has just been officially cancelled, Raising Hope has been renewed for a second season. The FOX sitcom has benefited greatly by having a lead-in like Glee but loses a significant amount of those viewers. Still, the network is apparently satisfied with Raising Hope’s ratings. The 11 episodes that have aired thus far this season have averaged a 2.6 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic and 6.26 million total viewers.

Here’s the official announcement from the network…

FOX “RAISING HOPE” FOR SECOND SEASON

FOX has ordered a second season of the critically acclaimed comedy RAISING HOPE, it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, President, Entertainment for Fox Broadcasting Company.

“RAISING HOPE has emerged as a comedic standout: wickedly smart, hilarious and full of heart,” said Reilly. “Greg Garcia and his great cast have established an appointment show on Tuesday nights this season, and we’re confident it’s just the beginning of great things to come.”

“I’m happy that the show is getting another year,” said Garcia. “But the fact that I’ve been trying to think of a funny quote for the last two hours and this is the best I could come up with makes me a little nervous about Season Two.”

Season One of RAISING HOPE continues with all-new episodes Tuesday, Feb. 8 (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Created by Emmy Award winner Greg Garcia, RAISING HOPE follows the Chance family as they find themselves adding an unexpected new member to their household. The series stars Lucas Neff, Martha Plimpton, Garret Dillahunt and Shannon Woodward. Cloris Leachman guest-stars as MAW MAW.

RAISING HOPE is produced by Amigos de Garcia Productions in association with 20th Century Fox Television. Garcia serves as executive producer on the series.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear Raising Hope will be back for season two? What do you like or dislike about it?

crystal January 16, 2011 at 1:19 pm

One of the best “reality” shows in a while! Keep it coming!

meme January 14, 2011 at 11:19 am

Its about time there is a good funny comedy and down to earth how most of us live. show to watch. Its been a long time for a show to make me and my family laugh like that. Cloris Leachman is awesome. Hilarious. Please Please keep it on.This country needs alot more comedys instead of more depressing shows about murder and drugs and prsions and crime. Give us a break and give us more comedy.Oh and less stupid reality shows that no one believes. Thanks

the browns January 14, 2011 at 10:17 am

WE LUV THIS SHOW – IT IS HILARIOUS!!!!! GOOD JOB ON KEEPING THIS ONE – THANK U

RUSSELL A. JENNINGS January 14, 2011 at 8:50 am

This is a great show. I just wish that Fox brings back My name is Earl to go with this show. Shows like these show real life and not some glamorized version so we can forget about the hard times we are in.

bill January 13, 2011 at 11:31 am

iam gald its back we needed this since alot of people are layed off we need a good lol
and grandmo shes makes the show thanks for bring it back

Charlotte_GTE January 12, 2011 at 5:50 pm

The show is brilliantly written. One of the best shows in a long time. The cast is perfect. Don’t change a thing…just give us more espisodes.

iamurmstr January 12, 2011 at 2:28 pm

WHOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!!!!
I know i already left a comment on the other page but who cares
WHHHHHHOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

MK January 12, 2011 at 10:47 am

Hooray!!!!!!!

adam January 12, 2011 at 9:33 am

Yay! One of the better new shows this season!

Jen January 12, 2011 at 12:05 am

Thank goodness it was renewed. It’s such a funny show with a great cast. Greg Garcia makes great shows.

Bill C... January 11, 2011 at 10:36 pm

At first I didnt want to watch this show, then, one day watched 10 min of it and love it now… Great show, great choice of actors…

Birdie January 11, 2011 at 8:04 pm

I really love this show, because it has alot of quirky situations and love. Maybe it hits too close to home and that could be why it is often misunderstood, by the major audience. Kudos, to Fox, for bringing ‘Raising Hope” back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carmen Behm January 11, 2011 at 7:22 pm

I LOVE the show!!! I was so glad it’s going to be on for season 2. It’s funny and the characters are perfect for the part. I’m so happy and don’t change the tuesday night because that’s a good night for me. YEAH!

Craig January 11, 2011 at 6:14 pm

This show is the best use of a terminator, a goonie, and Frau Blücher that I have ever seen.

Jeremy Rynek January 11, 2011 at 5:19 pm

I don’t get it honestly. It’s gonna get canceled sooner or later. It’s Fox. They always cancel sitcoms prematurely. Face it, it’s gonna happen.