Ravenswood: New ABC Family Drama; Cancel or Keep It?

ravenswood cancel or keep?Last Tuesday, ABC Family unveiled their long-awaited spin-off of Pretty Little Liars — Ravenswood. Liars is the cable channel’s highest-rated drama. Will Ravenswood also be a hit or could it be cancelled after one season instead?

A mystery/thriller series, Ravenswood revolves around a group of five young people in a small town in Pennsylvania. They become connected thanks to a deadly and mysterious curse. The cast includes Tyler Blackburn, Nicole Anderson, Britne Oldford, Brett Dier, Merritt Patterson, and Steven Cabral.

The show premiered to 2.12 million viewers and a 0.90 rating in the 18-49 demographic. Though this wasn’t as strong as the special episode of Liars that preceded it (3.18 million and a 1.4 demo rating), it was still very good.

Unfortunately, Ravenswood plummeted in its second week and lost nearly half of its viewers. Last night’s episode brought just 1.1 million and a 0.5 rating. That’s lower than Twisted, The Fosters, and Switched at Birth.

Bunheads and Jane by Design rarely fell that low and were both cancelled. Will Ravenswood follow? At the moment, things aren’t looking so good.

But, what do you think? Do you like Ravenswood? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

no name January 10, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Please cancel Ravenswood! I’ve really tried to give it a shot, but it’s really not very good. I think the writers/producers set the show up for failure by ever associating it with Pretty Little Liars. The shows have two complete distinct vibes going on…PLL is more realistic (there are sick people in the world who absolutely do horrible things) whereas Ravenswood is six feet deep in the supernatural! You can’t take a person from reality and superimpose him into the supernatural and not expect the viewer to be like HUH? I can’t even take it seriously! I actually liked when the PLL characters came to Ravenswood on the search for Allison (it was just a weird place that didn’t seem right not all ghosts and curses yet…and I wanted to know what connection there was to the older lady and Allision), but I don’t even want them to ever revisit the place because the supernatural shenanigans that go on in Ravenswood just don’t happen on PLL.

If they had never introduced Ravenswood on PLL and it was it’s own separate show with it’s own characters I might have been willing to give it more of a chance, but now it’s all tangled up with PLL and there’s no getting rid of that association. Since Caleb is from reality if you will…all I can do is laugh at Ravenswood and not get involved in the story line and wait for it to be canceled.

Joanne January 11, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Or you can learn to change the channel and let the people that enjoy the series not have to hear your unrealistic comments. KEEP RAVENSWOOD!

Abby January 14, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Annnnnd if everyone changed the channel that DOESN’T like this show, then the network wouldn’t waste their time for the handful that do like it. It doesn’t matter if you happen to enjoy the show, majority rules in this case and if the show doesn’t get the views, then the network will cancel.

It will happen many times in your life, it’s what happens in TV. Sorry you had to find out this way.

AAA January 9, 2014 at 11:08 pm

I GAVE THE SHOW A CHANCE AND IT IS SO BORING. CANCEL IT AND CANCEL CALEB RETURNING TO PLL. HIS CHARACTER HAS BEEN TAINTED BY THIS RIDICULOUS “SPIN OFF.”

Anonymous January 8, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Y’all should just cancel it! You can’t just take a main person on Pretty Little Liars and put him in Ravenswood, and breaking him and Hanna up was not a good idea ! They were a great couple and need to get back together! I think ravenswood should be cancelled at the end of January!

hailey January 8, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Cancel it! There are so many problems with this show where to begin -

1. It doesn’t make sense. What people would make a pact to save 1 soldier by killing 5 teens in order to save the youth. How can this ever be looked at as saving the youth?

2. It’s banking on Pretty Little Liars fans as an audience – Pretty Little Liars fans are huge supporters of Hanna and Caleb as a couple – however, Caleb and Miranda are the romantic leads on Ravenswood. No Pretty Little Liars fan is going to root for Caleb and Miranda to get together and many are pissed he broke up with Hanna. Miranda is not likable because instead of being the heroine she’s the “other woman”.

3. It’s shallow – this show banks completely on Caleb – the other characters are underdeveloped. The audience doesn’t really care about their stories or well being.

I hate this show, and hope it gets cancelled and Caleb goes back to Pretty Little Liars. It’s like Pretty Little Liars little ugly awkward cousin.

Joanne January 10, 2014 at 2:46 pm

I think pll is really boring it just doesn’t go anywhere. Love ravens wood if you don’t like a show you can change the channel

Anonymous January 8, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Cancel it! Breaking Caleb and Hanna up just lost a viewer on Ravenswood! Caleb and Hanna are good with each other! Caleb needs to be on Pretty little liars not Ravenswood! Just cancel it.

Suzanne January 8, 2014 at 12:46 am

PLEASE PULL THE PLUG ON THIS TRAIN WRECK.

Joanne January 8, 2014 at 11:50 am

You can change channels if you don’t like something that others love.

Suzanne January 12, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Or you can stop replying to every person who does not share your opinion about the show. I did change the channel, and I hope more people do the same.

Abby January 14, 2014 at 10:02 pm

She comments and tells everyone to change the channel, NOT realizing that if everyone did that – NO ONE BUT HER WOULD BE WATCHING! She doesn’t get that ratings keep a show on the network, NOT if someone likes it. XD hahah!

Joanne January 16, 2014 at 10:56 pm

I can reply to whom ever I wish and as many times.

Suzanne January 18, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Yes, we know, and they can keep telling you that they do not like the show. Ratings are down this week. Thank you for the advice, it seems to be paying off. Hopefully, more people will listen to you and CHANGE THE CHANNEL! You are the best, keep ranting.

Trina January 4, 2014 at 6:55 pm

I don’t follow PLL but I liked Hannah and Caleb together. However, after watching Ravenswood I’m loving this show more then PLL. I would really love to see this show continue as it has suspense, thriller, horror and mystery to it. Whoever what’s this show cancel can always just not watch it. There are lots of people who want to see this show on air for a while… More than PLL…

Sunflower April 9, 2014 at 12:01 pm

I agree this show should be renewed. They cancelled it before we even had a say in the matter. A much better show than PLL – Hannah is too boring for Caleb.

Liliana December 30, 2013 at 7:53 am

I love this show! It’s different from everything out there, and makes the viewer want more and more! It’s full of suspense!
I don’t know why people would rather see this show cancelled, because just want to see what the hell is happening and what is the mistery and truth behind Ravenswood. They can’t cancel it! I wanna knooooow!
I hope the show continues on air.

P.S. Sorry if I wrote something wrong. I’m from Portugal and I’m not fluent in English.

christine December 29, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Def. Cancel it.

Joanne December 31, 2013 at 9:23 am

Don’t watch it if you don’t like it. Some of us love it. Please keep it.

1987 December 27, 2013 at 10:14 pm

CANCEL….it sucks.

amara December 27, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Cancel!

Geneva December 25, 2013 at 5:59 am

CANCEL IT NOW . it sucks and its not half as good as pll .

Joanne December 13, 2013 at 9:35 am

BRING IT BACK! I love it – it’s different and interesting – love all the characters. Please bring it back. People just want it canceled because they want caleb with hanna – I love him with miranda.

Grace December 11, 2013 at 11:24 am

CANCEL IT! Bring Caleb back to Pretty Little Liars. This show was the worst thing writers and producers could do :(

mariee . December 9, 2013 at 11:15 pm

CANCEL IT ! please , and bring caleb ( tyler blackburn ) back to pretty little liars with hanna !