Retired at 35: Season Two Delayed

Retired at 35 season twoWe recently reported that Happily Divorced and Retired at 35 would be kicking off their second seasons on March 7th, at 10pm and 10:30pm respectively. TV Land has already changed their plans.

Happily Divorced, which recently resumed production, will be back as previously announced but is moving to 10:30pm. Retired at 35 is being bumped until later this year. A timeframe hasn’t been announced and no reason was given for the schedule change.

Starring Fran Drescher, John Michael Higgins, Tichina Arnold, Rita Moreno, Robert Walden and Valente Rodriguez, Happily Divorced was renewed for a second season of 12 episodes last July.

Retired at 35 — which stars George Segal, Jessica Walter, Johnathan McClain, and Josh McDermitt — was renewed last March and was given a 10 episode order. Marissa Jaret Winokur joins the cast in season two.

What do you think? Are you a fan of this TV series? Are you looking forward to the return of Retired at 35.

Annie August 23, 2012 at 7:46 am

I love this show!! I look forward to a third season and hope that it is scheduled and replayed at a more conveniennt hour so that it can get the viewers that it deserves!!

Jackie Waldrep July 28, 2012 at 1:09 pm

The people, whom I know from FaceBook and my email friends number nearly 3,000 strong. WE IMPLORE YOU TO GIVE US A SEASON 3 OF RETIRED AT 35–PUT IT ON AT A DECENT HOUR AND PROMOTE IT MORE!!!!! We all LOVE AND ADORE IT MORE THAN HOT IN CLEVELAND OR HAPPILY DIVORCED OR ANY OTHER OF YOUR ‘NEW COMEDY SERIES.’ MAYBE TV LAND DOESN’T CARE IF IT LOSES AN EXTRA 3,000 VIEWERS!?!

GAD May 15, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Both myself and my 15 year old son LOVED Retired at 35!!!! I don’t look forward to many sitcomes but LOVED this one!!!! Sure hope it comes back!!!!

Mary May 1, 2012 at 5:54 am

I loved Retired at 35. Love every single person in it especially the parents. Cant wait for new season !!!! WTG TV LAND for bringing it back !! TY TY TY TY TY !!!

Vicki February 26, 2012 at 9:50 am

I LOVE Retired at 35!! Please don’t let this great show fall through the cracks of television has beens. It does need more tv viewing play. It hasn’t been on in a while and people tend to forget but I haven’t forgotten the antics and great comedic talent of this show. It belongs with the other 3 great comedies that tv land has brought to us. We rely on tv land now for great comedies since most networks have limited sitcoms. Most networks have went to reality shows and hour long dramas. For us sitcom lovers, this is a major disappointment, so please keep retired at 35 and others coming. It gives us sticom lovers something to look forward to!!

Donna February 22, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Yes, I LOVE Retired at 35 and have been LOOKING FORWARD to it’s return. It was a GREAT comedy. I want to THANK TV Land for bringing these new comedies to us. I can now look forward to watching tv again.

carole February 20, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I love retired at 35, it is one of the best sitcoms out there.

Quincy January 27, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Both are funny, but they seem to have limited storyline potential.

‘The Exes’ is a much better show than either and even with its season not yet over, I’m looking forward to its second season.

Diane January 25, 2012 at 1:20 pm

TVLand should stick to it’s original programming with classic TV shows. I was a fan of the network until they started show their original shows. There is nothing like classic TV. Thank goodness for Antenna TV.

Bethany January 24, 2012 at 1:56 am

I love both of these shows, but wonder if the delay is not because they have a lot of older actors on the show, and maybe one or more important ones are not up to the shoots? Just speculating here. The show did start off less than strong, but I would never go as far as to call it weak. The show is consistantly funny, and speaks to an entire generation of adults that have had to move back in with their parents, as well as those who’s parents have divorced. (My parents stayed together and in love til death did they part, but now I care for my elderly mother as she can’t live on her own. The show speaks to me, as she still thinks she is the parent figure here, where I have taken over that roll for years.) IMHO If you think this show is weak, then you must not be among the majority of people around the world that are being forced to face such realities. It hits home, and puts a funny twist on what could be such a crumby situation in so many ways.

Tha Critic January 23, 2012 at 5:05 pm

I don’t watch it all that often, but I think that “Happily Divorced” can be pretty funny.

NEK38583 January 23, 2012 at 6:09 am

In my opinon, Tvland has better sitcoms than all of the broadcast networks. I think the broadcast networks should take a long hard look at these. These are the type of sitcoms people want to watch.

Donna February 22, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I agree with you completely. I watch TV Land almost all day now I LOVE the new sitcoms they’ve come out with and I do like most of the old reruns they run.

thomas daly January 23, 2012 at 4:03 am

weak no i think not this and hot in cleveland i love it

thatgirl1971 January 22, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Yes, I’m a huge fan of this show. It started off a bit weak but got better with each episode in season one. I saw filming of two episodes in December and am very excited about season two, for which they’ve already completed eight episodes. I’m terribly disappointed by this delay and I can only hope that maybe they’re delaying in order to pair it up with a stronger lead-in, such as the next season of Hot in Cleveland.

Tha Critic January 22, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Sorry for the fans but this to me is honestly the weakest of TV Land’s original line-up.

Jackie Waldrep July 28, 2012 at 12:50 pm

YOU ARE TRULY A SORRY, SORRY, SORRY YOU KNOW WHAT NOT TO REALLY WATCH AND LISTEN TO RETIRED AT 35–ESPECIALLY SEASON TWO. IT TV LAND DOESN’T PROMOTE THIS SHOW AND KEEP IT ON FOR A 3RD SEASON, THEN 2, 927 FANS WILL NEVER AGAIN WATCH ANYTHING ON TVLAND!