¡Rob!: Cancelled by CBS; No Second Season

No season two of ROB on CBS, canceledRob wanted to fit in with his new wife’s family. Unfortunately, ¡Rob! didn’t fit on CBS’s 2012-13 schedule. The network has cancelled the sitcom after eight episodes.

The TV show follows Rob (Rob Schneider), a former life-long bachelor and landscape architect with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. He marries into a close-knit Mexican-American family and attempts to be closer to them, intentions that often ending in disastrous results.

Debuting on January 12th, ¡Rob! drew a 4.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 13.47 million viewers. That was a positive start and, compared to the previous original episode of Rules of Engagement, the network was up by 52% in the demo and 41% in total viewership.

Over the course of the season, the ratings for ¡Rob! declined and the March 1st finale hit a new season low; a 2.6 in the demo with 8.99 million.

The first season of ¡Rob! averaged a 3.3 rating in the demo with 11.02 million. On our CBS Ratings Report Card, which measures the relative success of shows on the network, ¡Rob! has a “B” grade and is #8 on the list of CBS scripted shows.

On any other network, these kinds of numbers would have been enough to warrant season two. However, CBS has plenty of hit sitcoms so they have very high standards for success. For whatever reason, CBS has cancelled ¡Rob! after one season and eight episodes.

What do you think? Are you going to miss the ¡Rob! sitcom? Do you think that it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season? Is it better than Rules of Engagement?

Lucy & Pascual Ramirez February 25, 2014 at 10:16 am

Too bad we enjoyed the show very much .

Flor February 11, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Please bring rob back to CBS

Flor February 11, 2014 at 1:58 pm

O my God I can’t believe the only time I really like something is always cancelled I think that the !rob! Show should have more time on the air so people learn to like it if they didn’t on the first place I would stop anything I was doing to watch that show its a pitty it wasn’t giving a new chance it was hilarious!!!

Linda January 13, 2014 at 10:50 am

OMG ¿¿¿WHY???? this show was Awesome I watched it all last night and thought it was a GREAT show my family all really loved it as well we would of LOVED for it to have been CONTINUED to see what’s next…..

Terry October 25, 2013 at 3:12 pm

It was cancelled, because we don’t want to offend the Latinos

Gianni Zaragozza September 26, 2013 at 10:10 pm

I watched Rob for the first time on Netflix, because some friends said it
was funny. So I watched the show…. and liked it! Its funny and semi different
from other shows airing now. .. hopefully CBS reconsider
bringing the show back, or another network picks it up.

Bill May 26, 2013 at 10:52 pm

My wife and I really liked Rob. CBS sucks…

ernesto rivas May 26, 2013 at 12:11 pm

i really like Rob

tommy williams April 7, 2013 at 11:21 am

rob sucks

tabitha March 14, 2013 at 4:28 pm

That sucks… I really enjoyed this show it had alot of potential for a great show. I hope another network will pick this up. It was hard to keep up w/what day the show came on. I think that is the y most people didnt watch nit cause they didnt like it it was new and like anything else new it takes time. Please bring it back;)

Cody March 7, 2013 at 11:11 pm

That really sucked if CBS would have kept rob I bet rob would have came in to the top 3 . Rob was a funny show and I’m so disappointed in CBS cancel the other lame shows like seriously you all don’t know a good show if you did rob would still be on air ! Peace out lames

Betty Jean March 2, 2013 at 11:03 am

I thought this was clever and funny – - I liked Rob’s wit and the characters ALL had a lot of personality. It was funnier in its first season than most shows in their first season.
What is CBS thinking?! Bring it back !! WHO are they listening to ?!

Mrs. In Love With Rob January 17, 2013 at 8:23 pm

My husband and I LOVE this show. I can’t beleive they want to cancel it. Come on guys give it another try. Rob is a funny, funny show. Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boris Orellana January 9, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Please bring rob back it was a good show. It had a lot of viewers, so CBS please bring it back. its a lot better then those other shows you put on

Rober Valdes January 2, 2013 at 2:49 am

I liked Rob! If they didnt like it….. Y did they show it if they didnt like the show in their place
. I am very dissapointed at CBS for this nonsense