Sam & Cat: Not Renewed for Season Two Yet, But…

Sam & Cat TV showNickelodeon hasn’t renewed Sam & Cat for a second season but they might as well have. The cable channel has just doubled their first season order, bringing the season total to 40 episodes, reports THR.

The June 8th series premiere was the cable channel’s biggest live-action launch in three years, attracting 4.2 million viewers.

“It’s a very tall order but it also feels great. The show has been so well-received, and competition is greater than ever these days. Making a hit show is even more challenging today than, say, 10 years ago,” Sam & Cat creator Dan Schneider said. “It’s a little daunting to do 40 episodes in your first season, but what makes it fun is the success, because we’re all sharing in that.”

Production on the intial episode order will wrap late this month. The writers will start working on the additional 20 episodes of Sam & Cat in September.

There’s no word on when those installments will start running but only four episodes of the initial order have been aired so far.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear there’s even more Sam & Cat on the way?

Canceled and renewed TV show

32 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Heather says

I loved this show regardless! They both were amazing in it! All were! I am very saddened to see it go! I love Arianna’s music as well as her acting! In fact I love her acting more! And sam was simply awesome in this show and Icarly! I love them both the same!

2. Tony says

I’m a 39-year-old father to four girls and we watch it together and it is hilarious! I enjoy their humor as well as my daughters do. You cannot make a finale greater then breaking bad’s finale, so just keep the show on.

3. roniedee says

Jennette has a spot on comic genius. There is no comic today that can match her timing and demeanor. I can say the same about Ariana and add that she is such a breath of fresh air with an original character creation and a talent that is unequalled. They both deserve far more credit than the critics have given them. As for Jennet’s posting pics-hope she posts more. Ariana too. There is no nudity in any of the pics, so quit calling them nude pictures.

4. L orri G. Hanks says

Sam and Cat is my granddaughters fave show. Please don’t cancel. There are already so many shows she can’t watch.

5. Dice Corleone says

This is just hype to get everyone talking & Tweeting. Nick wants to see if Save Sam & Cat will start trending on twitter.
    This show is so way the best show & Nick & Dan Warp know it.

So tell your friends! Your neighbors friends! Friends of other Neighbors!

Get the word out! Save Sam & Cat & their crazy antics cause.

Jennette McCurdy Rocks
    Ariana Grande is so cute
    and
    Me yeah I’m Dice & my hair is Poofy & Gummer still needs to fight his bigest match yet!
    And who knows when Carly might visit! :) spoilerszzzzzzzz (:

6. Mike says

Haha they are ending this stupid show. Can’t wait until it’s over and make a better show. They are already previewing for the second to last episode of this show. You know a TV show is garbage when it doesn’t even last 2 seasons.

7. Hannah says

What is wrong with nickelodeon!}:(
    With all Sam and Cat viewers why would they get rid of Sam and Cat
    If they get rid of it many people will b crushed
    Nick will lose more viewers it they do it!!!!
    So nick come to your sinces, what happened with jenette is in the past!
    Fresh start and renew Sam and Cat!

8. cw windt says

Nick would be very stupid to cancel Sam and Cat.It is the only reason,that I watch Nick At all. Please keep them on.

9. megan says

I like sam and cat tv show yes jennet should have not posted
    nude pictures of her self I agree teaching kids not to go to
    school is wrong kids need to get an education go
    to college. Megan fraze dallas.