FlashForward: TV Fans to Black Out to Save Cancelled TV Show

Save FlashForwardA couple weeks ago, ABC officially cancelled their freshman TV show, FlashForward. Though it got off to a good start in the fall, the show’s ratings declined fairly steadily throughout the season. Like many ongoing serials that are end before their time, the last episode of FlashForward left many questions unanswered.

In the FlashForward series, the world’s population passes out unexpectedly for 137 seconds and has a vision of a future date. The series features a large ensemble cast that includes Joseph Fiennes, John Cho, Jack Davenport, Zachary Knighton, Peyton List, Brian F. O’Byrne, Courtney B. Vance, Sonya Walger, Christine Woods, Genevieve Cortese, Dominic Monaghan, Gabrielle Union, Lee Thompson Young, Ryan Wynott, Barry Shabaka Henley, and Lennon Wynn.

Fans of the series have been trying to get the network to reverse its cancellation decision and are now planning an unusual demonstration on the show’s behalf. In addition to sending calendars, friendship bracelets (similar to the one Fiennes’ character wears), and letters to the network, they plan to stage blackouts in front of ABC network offices and affiliate stations across the country — for 137 seconds.

The pretend blackouts are planned for June 10th and will take place in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit, Seattle, and Atlanta. And, though they don’t have ABC network locations to target, fans in various countries around the world — Canada, England, Spain, Italy, Germany — are also planning similar demonstrations.

Ultimately, the networks care about ratings (something FlashForward was sorely lacking) but this demonstration is sure to get their attention. It’s highly unlikely that ABC will reverse its decision to cancel the series but hopefully they will be persuaded to give the series some sort of closure.

What do you think? Do you believe that ABC can be persuaded to bring FlashForward back for season two? Would you be satisfied with anything less? Perhaps a TV movie or an additional episode to wrap things up?

tony November 6, 2010 at 11:47 am

falshforwaed was too intense a show to cancel. too many questions still unanswered. ABC did not give the show a chance. need to know what’s going to happen next. why strange animals in backround?

Jay October 27, 2010 at 1:25 pm

At least ABC could write a wrap up story line on thier website so Flash Forward Fans could get some closure.

Brenda Raymond October 26, 2010 at 2:55 pm

this is a great show and show be put back on the air.

Lo October 19, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Really it’s cancelled! I have been waiting for that show I loved it so much!

Tanisha October 14, 2010 at 10:59 am

That is some BS!!!!! Quit lingering the shows along and get to the point then maybe your ratings will stay up. Another great show gone.

tammy October 8, 2010 at 2:02 pm

what??? abc keeps dumb shows on like dancing with the stars and cancels flash forward? at least make a movie to clear up loose ends. this is why i don’t watch anything this season. nothing good came back.(24, lost, heroes and flash forward)

Jo October 6, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Really enjoyed the show – maybe you could make a made-for-TV 2-hour movie to put some closure on Flash Forward. I thought it was clever and a lot more sophisticated than most of the shows on today.

Sandee September 27, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Why leave us with a cliff hanger? Please resolve unanswered questions. This is kind of like losing a book you are halfway through, and it is out of print.

Sebastian September 23, 2010 at 11:22 am

WHY ??? FlashForward was my favourite series!

Donna September 19, 2010 at 9:12 pm

Yes….please FOX….pick up FlashForward….you will definitely know how to make it a success….what an awesome show!

Melanie September 19, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Flash Forward was my favorite show I watched last year! I am SSSOOOOO disappointed! I’m gong back to just reading…forget watching tv

Austin Wright September 19, 2010 at 6:08 pm

My family and friends loved that show and we wanted more. I am 12 years old and my sister is 10 and we absolutely loved that show it was intense. Please FOX save flashforward.

YOLANDA September 18, 2010 at 7:53 pm

I JUST FOUND OUT THAT FLASH FORWARD WAS CANCELLED. I AM QUITE UPSET DUE TO THE FACT THAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING ALL THIS TIME FOR THE NEW SEASON. I LOVED THIS SHOW AND ABC SHOULD BRING IT BACK. BRING IT BACK. BRING IT BACK.

Pete September 15, 2010 at 3:37 am

Flash Forward was an awesome series. So ABC can keep LOST around for years…and yet Flash Forward gets the axe? ABC must be monitoring my watching habits because they seem to kill the shows I enjoyed watching on their network. I guess they want me to look somewhere else. Perhaps the Sci-Fi channel can pick this up.

Estelita September 14, 2010 at 3:05 pm

No more ABC for our house, it’s FOX with House & Bones. Bring back Flash Forward and then we’ll use the remote to include ABC. If not, then forgetaboutit!!!!!!