Saving Hope: Episode Plans Cancelled by NBC

Saving Hope TV seriesThe peacock network is dropping their medical drama Saving Hope from the schedule. While the TV series hasn’t been officially cancelled by NBC, the writing is certainly on the wall.

Saving Hope revolves around the staff of a major hospital. The charismatic Chief of Surgery (Michael Shanks) suffers a massive brain hemorrhage on his wedding day and ends up in a coma. This leaves the facility in chaos and his fiance and fellow surgeon (Erica Durance) in a state of shock. It doesn’t help matters that her former boyfriend (Daniel Gillies) — also a brilliant surgeon — has arrived to work at the same facility. Others in the cast include Michelle Nolden, K. C. Collins, Kristopher Turner, Julia Taylor Ross, Ben Ayres, Huse Madhavji, Salvatore Antonio, and Glenda Braganza.

The TV show has been struggling in the ratings from the start and back in July hit a series low of a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with just 2.20 million viewers. Still, it was scripted programming that NBC was licensing from Canada so it wasn’t costing them much.

The plan was to air the final two episodes of the season on successive Saturdays — first on September 1st and 8th, then on the 8th and 15th. Now, according to TV Line, the 12th and 13th installments will be released online instead.

While there’s essentially no chance of Saving Hope returning to NBC, the TV series has already been renewed for a second season by CTV in Canada.

Will US viewers be able to watch the second season? Well, Saving Hope could be released on DVD at some point and there’s also a chance that a cable channel could pick up the show. Ion has acquired the rights to air episodes of fellow Canadian exports The Listener and Flashpoint — two shows that have aired on NBC and CBS respectively.

What do you think? Are you sorry that NBC is dropping Saving Hope? Would buy a DVD set or follow it to a cable channel?

cristy September 20, 2012 at 7:26 pm

i think this was a bad move for NBC . i will really miss this show , im really sad they cancled it! im a big greys anatomy fan and i would rank it right up there with them . i hope another network will pick this show up soon and i can enjoy it agian!

Shannon September 20, 2012 at 10:46 am

They suck!! I hope I can follow it to another channel.

elaine jeske September 19, 2012 at 3:18 pm

your keep on yje air such junk but a human heart story u cancel who makes these idiotic decisions

Singer 77 September 19, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Once again they are letting go of a great show for another reality show. They want to compete with FOX!!!! hope I will be able to find the show on TNT or USA.

bob September 19, 2012 at 9:07 am
Toni September 18, 2012 at 10:50 am

Why don’t they get rid of all that reality garbage. Truly enjoy the show and most of my friends didn’t even know it was cancelled. Very disappointed and hope it is picked up on one of the better channels like TNT or USA

Susan September 17, 2012 at 9:37 pm

i think it stinks that the show is being canceled, but they keep rotten shows on the air. i am going to try and follow this show no matter where it goes because it is a really great show

Carol September 17, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I really enjoyed watching Saving Hope. I tried to watch it on those Saturdays they predicted the show was going to air on, but they showed something else and not Saving Hope. I will follow this show wherever it goes!

ANGIE September 17, 2012 at 7:52 am

I am so dissatisfied with NBC. They have crummy shows but they cancel their few good shows! We are not all in the 19-30 age group that NBC wants to cater to. I just made my schedule of what I plan to watch – on NBC there are ONLY FOUR – REVOLUTION, PARENTHOOD, LAW/ORDER SVU, AND DATELINE.

They also cancelled HARRY’S LAW.

Very bad moves for NBC!!!!

Inez September 16, 2012 at 11:51 am

Saddened and very disappointed. Not much to watch anymore……I am so done with seeing talent shows and the world could do without the daily reminder and /or show impressionable people the uses of human violence.

Cheri September 15, 2012 at 5:42 pm

So disappointed that the show won’t go on. I really favored this show. They should bring it back. I will be buying the DVD’s if they come out.

Terry Smith September 14, 2012 at 1:33 pm

I would love to know who makes the decision to cancel a show especially when it’s hardly had a chance to get going. I so looked forward to Saving Hope on Thursdays and loved the premise that people have souls even when their bodies are failing. It was fresh and unique for once. I’m bored with all the same old same old and this was my answer.

Ticked Off September 14, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I am upset! Saving Hope was my Thursday night highlight. NBC should be chastized for not even showing the last two episodes!

Cheri September 15, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Mine too!!

Ashley September 14, 2012 at 9:52 am

I know Saving Hope got cancelled on NBC for Season 2. Canada signed up for Season 2 amd I was wondering if anyone knew of a way that I could still maybe watch Season 2 online. I really love the show and I am sad to see it go.

po'd fan September 14, 2012 at 6:09 am

You’re kidding me!! :( I looked forward to Saturdays for one reason only (Saving Hope)! Come on. This makes me very, very mad. :P