Shark Tank: Not Cancelled Yet, Still Hope for Season Two

IMAGEIt’s been months since ABC aired Shark Tank in primetime and many have assumed that the show’s dead and buried. Not so. The reality series has a lot of fans and there’s still hope that the series could return for a second season.

Each episode of Shark Tank spotlights entrepreneurs and inventors who are looking for capitol to help fuel their dreams. They pitch their ideas to successful business people Robert Herjavec, Kevin O’Leary, Barbara Corcoran, Kevin Harrington, and Daymond John, otherwise known as “the Sharks.” If interested, the Sharks offer to invest their own money but typically want a bigger piece of the pie than the inventor wants to give.

After a disappointing run last summer and fall, it looked like Shark Tank was probably over. Then, in December, producers cobbled together two new episodes from unused footage. The network announced they’d be running them, along with three previously unaired installments, on Friday nights in January. Despite the fact that fewer people watch TV on that evening, the demo ratings were about the same as they had been when the show was running on Sunday and Tuesday nights.

Who's your favorite "shark?"

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

One of the five remaining episodes was pre-empted and Shark Tank went off the air in early February on a ratings high. Actually, it left primetime but the network sometimes runs repeats on weekend afternoons.

When ABC’s 2010-11 schedule was released in May, the network maintained that they were still considering bringing Shark Tank back for another season.

ABC has now announced that they’re bringing it back, sort of. The final unaired episode will run on Thursday, July 15th at 8pm. After that, they’ll air Shark Tank reruns in that timeslot. For now, they’re scheduled to run until September 23rd but that could change as the network works out their fall debuts.

TV show supportWhile this doesn’t mean that Shark Tank will be renewed for a second season, it does indicate that ABC is still interested in the program. Word is that producers are talking about shaking up the group, possibly adding a high profile “shark” or two to the panel.

What do you think? Are you still interested in seeing Shark Tank return? Would you be open to one or two of the sharks being replaced?

Rick Johnson July 7, 2010 at 3:32 pm

This is a great show that should be on the air!
With the way the economy is and many people trying to start their small business, this provides viewers information required on how to go about starting their business.

Ryan Tadych July 7, 2010 at 2:07 pm

I glad it’s returning if it’s only one new episode. It will still be fun to watch repeats since most people might not remember them and new people that haven’t watched it before get a chance to see it. I believer that Shark Tank will get renewed and might be a good option to pair with Wipeout in the summer since Downfall doesn’t seem to be working!

Derse Smith July 7, 2010 at 1:28 pm

As an entrepreneur seeking potential partners/investors for a product I am about to launch, I appreciate what this show features and love the competitive bantering between the sharks. ST is far more entertaining and profesionally produced than another network’s previous attempt at showcasing inventors.

I say … bring it back!

dianne vitale July 7, 2010 at 6:20 am

I started watching Sharktank when I heard that Barbara Corcoran was a participant. I am a faithful fan of hers. I do not like the name of the show, but I love the show itself. I find it fascinating. I myself am a very creative person , whose head spins with ideas. I find it very interesting to see how other people actually put their ideas into a profitable business venture. I am a faithful viewer. Please keep,the show on the air.

Mary July 6, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Please keep it on! There is nothing more inspiring than seeing other entrepreneurs going for it. We also learn what the Sharks look for in a successful business. I love all the Sharks-even have a little crush on Robert! Please keep Shark Tank on the air!!

Paula July 6, 2010 at 1:50 pm

This is a wonderful show that I wish was on the air 30 years ago. It offers valuable information regarding economics, rish taking, and investing in general all with a great sense of humor and candor that even my 15 year old son gets. But Kevin needs to step it up and get more involved

God July 6, 2010 at 12:42 pm

The there be light and let this show continue! :)

adam July 6, 2010 at 12:38 pm

My wife and I watched it religiously… I loved seeing the ideas people come up with!

Sonya Gregory-Hayes July 6, 2010 at 11:10 am

I love “Shark Tank” and believe it’s one of the more inspirational programs — particularly for entrepreneurs. I don’t want to see anyone leave and, if anything, perhaps they should add another Shark…Earvin “Magic” Johnson perhaps?

Robert G. July 6, 2010 at 11:09 am

Please continue the show. It’s a great show, if I’m ever going to miss an episode I always DVR it. Barbara is the best!

cheri July 6, 2010 at 10:55 am

Please dont cancel Shark Tank!!! We love the show, its so innovating and encouraging to
would be inventors.

Kathy Simmons July 6, 2010 at 10:48 am

I love the show and would enjoy seeing it on the air again. Each shark has their own unique personality and brings value to the show, but Barbara is a class act and is my personal favorite. What a cool lady.

Mohamed Mekheamar July 6, 2010 at 9:57 am

I like this show. It’s very useful. It toughts people something new. I want it to be a permanent program with more successful business men.

Thanks & Regards,

Wendy Higgins July 6, 2010 at 9:15 am

yes, please continue the show….I vote for Barbara

Dani Gurrie July 6, 2010 at 9:05 am

I would love to see the Shark Tank continue – as a small business who is currently looking for investors it is so helpful for me to see what potential investors are looking for. Plus, I am always inspired by other people who decide to get out there and do what they love.

As others have stated, I love the follow ups — to see how the investments have been put to work is always a great show!

Jack July 6, 2010 at 1:27 pm

I like this show,but I think you would have more viewers on a wednesday