Siberia

Siberia: canceled or renewed?Network: NBC
Episodes: 11 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: July 1, 2013 — September 16, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Joyce Giraud, Johnny Wactor, Daniel Sutton, Neeko Skervin, Natalie Scheetz, Sam Dobbins, Esther Anderson, Tommy Mountain, George Dickson, Anne-Marie Mueschke, Miljan Milosevic, Irene Szuchun Yee, Berglind Icey, Harpreet Turka, Victoria Hill, Sabina Akhmedova, and Jonathan Buckley.

TV show description:
The storyline of this scripted series begins in 1908, when an unexplained event occurs deep in the remote Siberian territory of Tunguska. More than 100 years later, 16 reality-show participants descend on Tunguska — unknowing of the land’s mysterious past.

These contestants are from varied walks of life and attempt to battle the elements (and each other) in a quest to survive the harsh winter and claim a large cash prize. What is initially met with unbridled enthusiasm quickly turns to sheer panic as a series of strange events begin to occur.

The contestants soon attribute the occurrences to ruses set up by the producers, even dismissing the death of a fellow player as an accident.

When a contestant is badly injured and no help arrives, the other players meet the chilling realization that the strange occurrences are not part of the show. With their safety threatened, the competitors must band together in an effort to survive.

The show is hosted by Jonathan Buckley (Jonathan Buckley) and the participants are Carolina (Joyce Giraud), a bartender from Colombia; Johnny (Johnny Wactor), a bull rider from Jedburg, South Carolina; Daniel (Daniel Sutton), a computer programmer from Minneapolis; Neeko, a professional rugby player from London; Natalie (Natalie Scheetz), veterinary assistant from Santa Barbara; Sam (Sam Dobbins), an auto mechanic from Brooklyn; and Esther (Esther Anderson), a model from Melbourne.

The remaining contestants are Tommy (Tommy Mountain), a philanthropist from Boston; George (George Dickson), an accountant from Louisville; Anne-Marie (Anne-Marie Mueschke), a graphic artist from New Orleans; Miljan (Miljan Milosevic), a DJ from Podgorica, Montenegro; Irene (Irene Szuchun Yee), a fashion designer from Taiwan; Berglind (Berglind Icey), a photo journalist from Iceland; Harpreet (Harpreet Turka), a graduate student from Washington, DC; Victoria (Victoria Hill), a sales clerk from Winnipeg; and Sabina (Sabina Akhmedova), a soldier from Israel.

Series Finale:
Episode #11 — Into the Oven
Reunited and seemingly safe, the contestants begin to put the pieces together — and encounter yet another mind-blowing surprise.
First aired: September 16, 2013.

What do you think? Do you like the Siberia TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

306 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

I have been watching this show since it started and now it dropped off the face of the earth. U left us just hanging. Show disappears. What is going on? Great show. When is it coming back on????????????????

2. Jay says

Don’t cancel the series. I need to find out why the host of the show is still alive. And what happened to the contestant who drove off with the money? And who are the valley men?
    And why are the russians trying to kill the last of the contestants? I need more Siberia, please.

3. Deniqua Frye says

Please don’t cancel the show! It’s so well shot and casted. I’ll probably die if it gets cancelled after the 11th episode…I need MORE!

4. Kristin says

Please give your fans closure, finish the episodes online or Netflix. You can’t leave us all wondering what happened.

Sad in Colorado

5. Stephen C.. says

This is an incredible show, the only thing against it is the fact that its on at the same time the show under the fine is on, which is a popular show, which its probably hurting the ratings for Siberia. If it was on at 8 or 9 instead of 10 (Pacific time) it would be a long standing TV series. DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!! Or I will find a way to create a world wide boycott of NBC!!! Not really sure how I would to that but I will find a wary.

I’m just kidding NBC, please don’t have me ”WHACKED!?!” LOL

6. david Noden-hooper says

Living In the UK this Show has not appeared on any network provider here (yet) .. I found it by alternative means and I Flipping Love this show i have been raving about it to all the people i know… I hope there is a continuation to the story. and they give it a season 2.. i really got in with the story and the characters.. and loved every single one of them..

7. Anita says

A TV show that I look forward to watching every week. Just went out to program my taping for tonight and realized that it’s NOT on! Cannot wait till it returns!! Love the show.

8. Jan says

Love the show- please don’t cancel. Wish some of the acting were better; the stilted dialogue kind of falls between reality and scripted so it makes it a little harder to “suspend disbelief” but I am hooked anyway. There should have been some explanation at the end of the finale about it being a cliff hanger. Couldn’t tell if there was going to be more later or not.

9. davleestev says

UGGHHHH. That’s about all I can say. The unfortunate thing is I tend to invest in what I watch good or not. I like to think I pick my shows wisely…UNTIL..Siberia. Like Charlie Brown begging Lucy VanPelt to let this be the time I finally kick that damned football I returned each Monday night. Unfortunately, like Lucy, the show did not disappoint. The ball was snatched, I fell on the ground and got up scratching my head promising not to return the next week. Sometimes when a show is sooo bad it’s like passing a bad car accident. You know you shouldn’t slow down and gawk at the gory mess and yet you do. I have no other explanation for watching the worst Summer t.v. show as of yet. For a network that invested in Friday Night Lights and stuck with it for it’s critical success as well as ParentHood I just don’t get this. Siberia could not have been the only show to come across the desk but somebody gave ONE HELL OF A PITCH to the network brass. They fell hook line and sinker…AND SO DID SIBERIA. AMEN!!!!