Smash: Last Episodes to Air Sunday, May 26th

Smash series finaleWhile NBC hasn’t said that Smash has been officially cancelled, there’s just no way that they’ll be renewing it for a third season. The ratings were awful on Tuesday nights and the network moved it to Saturdays to burn off the remaining episodes. No doubt the execs are lamenting the decision to order so many.

NBC will air the final two episodes on Sunday, May 26th. Here are the details:

Upcoming highlights in April/May

SMASH

· Now airs at 8 PM on Saturdays

· Season finale will air on Sunday, 5/26, from 9-11 PM

· Kathie Lee Gifford performs a musical number on 4/27

SMASH

4/27/13 8:00 PM

THE PRODUCERS

An off-the-rail Jimmy (Jeremy Jordan) threatens “Hit List’s” future, as Karen (Katharine McPhee), Derek (Jack Davenport), Ana (Krysta Rodriguez) and Kyle (Andy Mientus) try to help him before something bad happens. Tom (Christian Borle) and Julia’s (Debra Messing) partnership is strained to the breaking point just as Ivy (Megan Hilty), Eileen (Anjelica Huston), and the entire “Bombshell” team are running themselves ragged to outshine the competition. Kathie Lee Gifford and Jesse L. Martin guest star.

5/4/13 8:00 PM

THE PHENOMENON

An unexpected event bonds both “Bombshell” and “Hit List.” Bernadette Peters and Jesse L. Martin guest star.

5/11/13 8:00 PM

THE TRANSFER

With his sights set on the Tony, Tom (Christian Borle) pulls out all the stops at a Houston & Levitt tribute night, but can Julia (Debra Messing) turn away from “Hit List” long enough to help? Ivy (Megan Hilty) is afraid of damaging her reputation when Tom asks her to perform a risqué number. The cast of “Hit List” is rocked by a betrayal close to home.

5/26/13 9-11 PM

THE NOMINATIONS / THE TONYS

It’s a crucial moment for both shows as Tony nominations loom, but keeping your eye on the prize can be hard. As Tom (Christian Borle) crosses an influential Tony voter and Ivy (Megan Hilty) copes with some very distracting news, Derek’s (Jack Davenport) past has repercussions for the entire “Hit List” team. On Tony night, the awards might not provide the answers everyone is looking for. As Jimmy (Jeremy Jordan) faces a final reckoning, Tom (Christian Borle), Julia (Debra Messing), Derek (Jack Davenport), Karen (Katharine McPhee), Ivy (Megan Hilty), and most of all, Eileen (Anjelica Huston) wait to see if the ceremony will confirm their place in the Broadway pantheon once and for all. Rosie O’Donnell, Cheyenne Jackson, Ron Rifkin, and Bernadette Peters guest star.

What do you think? Do you plan on watching the finale of Smash? Have you been watching on Saturday nights?

Kezza May 27, 2013 at 2:44 pm

REALLY sad it’s not picking up another season. : (

Dianne May 22, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I am really sorry to see this show go………it was different, quirky and very entertaining. This season did get a little dark with the Jimmy/Karen thing. I am hoping they network will reconsider.

Suzanne Townsend May 19, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Smash is the best show on network television. Too bad it’s been cancelled. I think it is time to cancel the “reality shows” and put entertainment back on tv.

Kezza May 27, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Amen!

Elen May 13, 2013 at 6:29 pm

So shocked and disappointed to see this awesome show go! What a great cast they had with such amazing ,and talented people!! I will always be a fan.

Sara Storm May 12, 2013 at 1:42 am

Smash is my favorite tv show !!!Extraordinary cast and there is such heart and soul and realness to the drama and the music.Continue Smash, you do have fans…probably a whole lot more than you are aware of.

Barbara May 11, 2013 at 11:22 pm

I watched every single episode and when the show began on Saturdays, I made sure to DVR it if I planned to be out. I really enjoyed it and I’m a young 74. Saw Katherine McPhee on American Idol (she should have won it that year). Regards the show, I was glad to see Jimmy and Karen drift apart. I know she is portrayed as a “nice girl”. For that reason, I thought she might really be good for Derek. I think he needs someone to ground his wandering and also be supportive. She could do it. Underneath, it appears he really cares about her. Maybe I interpret things different than other viewers but I’ve been waiting for the Derek/Karen thing all season. Off the story line, I thought Katherine and Megan did a great job singing “That’s Life” 2 weeks ago.

Rosie May 7, 2013 at 9:59 am

My husband and I love this show! SO sorry to see it go – definitely a step up from Glee.
I agree with Elizabeth that the story line this year did not play to the over 50 crowd (my husband and myself) but we still enjoyed it with hopes the story line would return to it’s more mainstream Broadway beginnings.

Hope the NBC execs reconsider and keep it alive!

shari May 7, 2013 at 2:35 am

I love this show and I have and will continue to be a loyal fan. It’s great to see broadway and real talent on tv. I think the execs need to remember that the fans are out here and watching what they do to this show… If nbc cant handle the show, perhaps there is a better network out there that will pick up the ball and run with it.

Bonnie May 7, 2013 at 12:04 am

I will be very saddened to see SMASH cancelled. I have enjoyed quite a few “girls weekends” in NYC to Broadway shows. However, as I’m 65+ years now, I probably won’t see those any more. SMASH has given me weekly NYC virtual escapes that I really look forward to.

Jeanette May 6, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Why is it that only reality shows and those dealing with the dark drama of life seem to appeal to the masses. I love Smash; the music, the storyline and the characters. Please don’t cancel this fantastic show.

Leslie May 6, 2013 at 2:36 pm

I, too am completely dumbfounded by the Neilsen ratings. Has our society become so braindead that real talent and great story lines can’t hold their attention?! Don’t blame NBC, they put out a great show! It’s all the mind-numbingly brainless idiots that prefer stupid shows that killed the ratings. I will miss you SMASH, but I won’t miss a single remaining episode!!!

Elizabeth May 6, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Day 1 devote! Watch Season 1 DVDs. Haven’t not liked the story line so much this season – the Karen and Jimmy is too dark for me and will totally lose the over 50, high income viewers that watched last year. Seems like the execs can’t figure out which viewers to target. I would have stayed with the over 50 with income and kept the story line more mainstream Broadway. The Phenomenon was a downer and would have turned away any new viewers. Wish Kyle was kept. Would love a little more character development on fewer characters. LOVE the music! Play it in the car ALL THE TIME. Hoping we will see a season 3, but I will keep playing Season 1 long after.

Elizabeth May 6, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Ted, I sooo agree with you! I have watched since day 1 and loved it! Purchased the DVDs and watch when I have down time. Haven’t not liked the story line so much this season – the Karen and Jimmy is too dark for me and will totally lose the over 50, high income viewers that watched last year. Seems like the execs can’t figure out which views to target. I would have stayed with the over 50 with income and kept the story line more mainstream Broadway. May 4th’s episode was such a downer and would have turned away any new viewers. Would like to have seen that character continue. Would love a little more character development on fewer characters. LOVE the music! Play it in the car ALL THE TIME and have been since it came out on CD. Hoping we will see a season 3, but I will keep playing Season 1 long after.