Suburgatory: No Season Four, ABC Sitcom Cancelled

Suburgatory season threeAfter three seasons, ABC is moving on. The network has cancelled Suburagatory.

Suburgatory continues the story of single dad George Altman (Jeremy Sisto) and his teenage daughter (Jane Levy) after they move from the city an overly wholesome community in the suburbs. This season, the rest of the cast includes Cheryl Hines, Allie Grant, Ana Gasteyer, Chris Parnell, and Carly Chaikin.

The show premiered in September 2011 to a very strong 3.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.8 million viewers. The numbers dwindled downward over the course of the season but the network renewed it for season two anyway.

Season two started off well but once again, the ratings dwindled downward. This time, ABC gave Suburgatory a limited 13 episode renewal.

In season three, the ratings started pretty low and stayed there. The current season has averaged a 1.6 demo rating with 5.44 million viewers. It’s down 27% in the demo when compared to season two’s average.

The network has now decided to call it quits after 57 episodes. The season (now series) finale of Suburgatory will air next Wednesday, May 14th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that this show has been cancelled? Should it have been renewed for season four? Would you watch it on another channel?

Lori May 10, 2014 at 9:02 pm

I hope another network grabs it ….

Dave^^ May 10, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Sad I hope another network picks it up

Louise Shaner May 10, 2014 at 1:41 pm

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show!!!! The cast is great, they all compliment each other. It’s a fun show, no drama….just fun. Hopefully, there will be reruns.

Carole May 10, 2014 at 9:50 am

I am so very sorry to see that ABC cancelled the show because it’s a good show. I really looked forward each week to watched the next episode. The cast is great – the ratings may have been low because it wasn’t marketed as well as other shows. As other viewers have mentioned it should end with Tessa and Ryan & George and Dallas together. I am sad!

Andrei May 10, 2014 at 3:42 am

I am gonna really miss this show a lot, i liked it…. But season 3 wasnt good i must say

Heather May 10, 2014 at 12:23 am

This show was amazing. Its relatable for me since I was moved from a major city to a suburb very much like Chatswin. Tessa was a smart but still growing up character, something girls could actually aspire to be. I’m really sad to see this go. I wish another channel would pick it up, or Netflix since I think it would be watched more by the netflix crowd than the ABC crowd. If not they could at least have a proper series finale and Tessa should be with Ryan. They help one another grow. Okay, just rambling now. Just kind of sad about this one.

CK May 9, 2014 at 8:40 pm

The first season and a half of this show were pretty good. By the end of the second season, I had tuned out. I didn’t even manage to watch one episode this season, and I guess leading in for Modern Family didn’t help this show as the writers lost their way.

christy barnum May 9, 2014 at 7:37 pm

That sucks I love that show. I hope they end it with her getting with ryan.

Heather May 10, 2014 at 12:17 am

Me too!

Gabriel May 9, 2014 at 7:21 pm

What a shame. This was a really good show, who showed an ironic way of relalistic life.
Season 4 has to be premiered… although, maybe another chnnel would be the best option.

Poppy May 9, 2014 at 6:27 pm

It was just o.k…but…Finally….I was wondering when this show would be cancelled. I have seen way better shows get the ax sooner than this one. For example….although this is TNT I am surprised they cancelled SOUTHLAND I wish another network would pick them up. Hint…..Hint……

Snowdogmom May 9, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Can’t believe it lasted this long. Not funny at all.

Jay May 9, 2014 at 5:39 pm

I’m surprised this is still on. It’s one of the worst shows I’ve ever seen. And I’m old.

Tha Critic May 9, 2014 at 5:35 pm

What a shame.

SAM May 9, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Bummer!! I liked this show!

SAM May 9, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Bummer!! I liked this show! again different and entertaining. Too bad.