Suburgatory: No Season Four, ABC Sitcom Cancelled

Suburgatory season threeAfter three seasons, ABC is moving on. The network has cancelled Suburagatory.

Suburgatory continues the story of single dad George Altman (Jeremy Sisto) and his teenage daughter (Jane Levy) after they move from the city an overly wholesome community in the suburbs. This season, the rest of the cast includes Cheryl Hines, Allie Grant, Ana Gasteyer, Chris Parnell, and Carly Chaikin.

The show premiered in September 2011 to a very strong 3.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.8 million viewers. The numbers dwindled downward over the course of the season but the network renewed it for season two anyway.

Season two started off well but once again, the ratings dwindled downward. This time, ABC gave Suburgatory a limited 13 episode renewal.

In season three, the ratings started pretty low and stayed there. The current season has averaged a 1.6 demo rating with 5.44 million viewers. It’s down 27% in the demo when compared to season two’s average.

The network has now decided to call it quits after 57 episodes. The season (now series) finale of Suburgatory will air next Wednesday, May 14th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that this show has been cancelled? Should it have been renewed for season four? Would you watch it on another channel?

Dak July 20, 2014 at 10:50 am

I would definitely watch season 4. My family and I love this show. In my opinion there aren’t enough light hearted t.v shows and I for one am sick to death of all these reality shows. Suburgatory was one of these shows that appealed to most ages. I say bring it back!

aw July 18, 2014 at 11:13 pm

watched it a hundred time. im gonna cry a lifetime now

wehatesub July 18, 2014 at 6:37 pm

its rubbsh pleas cancel it , its a waste of money because hardly anyone watches it . your losing profit any their are better tv shows than subdirectory

anonymous July 18, 2014 at 6:34 pm

I live in England and in London season 3 has not even finshed showing. therefore not all of your audience have had time to comment on the fact that suburgatory is a great series. I know many that was counting down the day’s till season 3… And season 4 is being looked forward too due to the excellent cliff hanger. So please give us exsited fans another great season to look forward too

tevae July 18, 2014 at 5:54 pm

I love that series so so much please bring it back its a great show and I know many people that enjoy the show

olivia July 18, 2014 at 11:48 am

i get why they don’t want low ratings but i love this show its amazing i think it should be continued for a series 4 as season 3 ended on a cliff hanger :( please bring it back or change to a different channel !!

gabby July 15, 2014 at 10:07 pm

they shouldn’t cancel the show they still need to tell more about the characters before they go to collage. don’t leave me hanging about Ryan and Tessa.

Reba July 13, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Oh No! It just ended with a huge opportunity for an awesome next season and they call it quites?!? Guys I might cry! JK! But it is disappointing I wanted the show to continue to see where Tessa and Ryan’s relationship took them! Anyway sad it’s over wish they had one final wrap up episode, or an episode where it flashes forward to where the characters ended up. I think I did lose intreast in the show towards the end of season 2 to beginning of 3 though. I can see where ABC came from and ultimately we can’t change the decision.

anonymous July 13, 2014 at 2:01 am

Loved the show miss it so much bring it back or at least tie up lose ends with a fourth season

Anonymous July 12, 2014 at 7:05 am

They cannot end it like that! If you dont have a new season at least end it!

Lizzy bee July 11, 2014 at 1:30 pm

I get that they dont want to make a show with lower ratings. But the last episode of season three (stiiiiiil horny) left too many questions unanswered. so they should make one finale season to tie up loose ends and help us get closure.

Steph July 11, 2014 at 1:06 pm

I loved this show soooo much. Bring it back!!!

Alice July 9, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Bring this show back please! I enjoyed watching it so much

Gugu July 9, 2014 at 1:45 pm

I’m so sad it was cancelled….bring it back pleeaaase

D'Nya July 8, 2014 at 10:59 pm