Suits, Necessary Roughness: USA to Renew Shows for Second Seasons

Suits season twoWord out of the TCA summer press tour is that USA Networks is close to renewing freshman series Suits and Necessary Roughness for second seasons. The execs weren’t ready to announce the renewals yet but USA co-president Chris McCumber teased, “The outlook is sunny.” Co-president Jeff Wachtel added, “The future is so bright, we feel like wearing shades.”

Starring Gabriel Macht and Patrick J. Adams, Suits debuted on June 23rd with a 1.6 in the 18-49 demographic and 4.64 million total viewers. The demo took an alarming 26% dive for episode two. Over the course of the last couple episodes however, the numbers have been building back up. Thursday’s episode attracted a 1.5 in the demo and 4.44 million viewers. So far this season, Suits is averaging a 1.4 in the demo and 4.37 million.

Necessary Roughness stars Callie Thorne and premiered on June 29th with a 1.4 in the demographic and 4.67 million viewers. The numbers dipped after that but have also been climbing back up. Last Wednesday’s installment garnered a 1.3 in the demo and 4.21 million. The show is averaging a 1.3 and 4.3 million after five episodes.

Suits is expected to complete its first season of 12 episodes on September 8th. Necessary Roughness will wrap its first dozen installments on September 14th.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear Suits and Necessary Roughness are being renewed? Which do you like better?

Jeannie December 30, 2012 at 12:24 am

I have to admit I did not like Suits in the beginning, but I am addicted to it as much as I am to Necessary Roughness. I am thrilled they are returning!

Kathy niebuhr August 21, 2012 at 6:46 am

I am thoroughly addicted to Suits. It has everything…creative, drama, comedy, loyalty, and a great cast. Hurrah for it continuing. A real quality show

Kathy niebuhr August 21, 2012 at 6:45 am

I am thoroughly addicted to Suits. It has everything…creative, drama, comedy, loyalty, and a great cast. Hurrah for it continuing. A rel quality show

mary florez April 22, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I luv, luv, suits, i sure i am glad it is going to be back, that’s a good show, comedy, drama, and adventure. And the two leading guys are very handsome, and sexy.

veronica April 11, 2012 at 7:33 pm

My FAVORITE SHOW ON USA; right behind Mark Hamond & NCIS(which has had too many Marathon REruns; I have seen them all so many times)I also enjoyes the PILOT Program written by Mark Hammond…………..could be a great series as well.

rebecca March 25, 2012 at 9:26 am

I absolutely love this necessary Roughness. I cant wait for it come back on I think that tv company’s need to also start looking at how many people watch the shows on the internet because not every body is watching it on tv, since that rate in style is in the past you need to move forward. I know I watch the show on the internet so I can speak for a lot of people.

Kathleen March 14, 2012 at 3:10 pm

I love Necessary Roughness. I hope that the network is smart enough to renew this excellent show.

Rod February 25, 2012 at 5:28 am

I thought that Necessary Roughness was an amazing series, I was disapointed that it didn’t have more shows in the first season. I think bringing it back for a second season would be right on the money…..Go Hawks