The American Baking Competition

american baking competition: canceled or renewed?Network: CBS
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: May 29, 2013 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Jeff Foxworthy (host), Marcela Valladolid and Paul Hollywood (judges).

current TV show

TV show description:
This baking competition series features skilled amateur bakers as they compete in challenges in pursuit of a $250,000 grand prize.

The 10 bakers are chosen from a nationwide search of amateur bakers at local casting bake-offs. Proving the joy of baking’s broad appeal, the contestants come from all different backgrounds, having varied lives and jobs. The one thing they all have in common is their desire to turn professional.

Each week, the bakers competing in three unique challenges — “Signature Bake,” “Technical Bake” and “Showstopper Bake.” The contestant who out-bakes the rest is that week’s “Star Baker,” while the one whose creations fail to impress is eliminated.

The final challenge is between the three remaining contestants, one of whom will go on to be crowned the best amateur baker in America and win the cash prize. The winner will also be awarded a publishing contract with Simon & Schuster to publish their own cookbook with Gallery Books.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like The American Baking Competition TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Racehl Bryan May 26, 2014 at 4:08 pm

yes, please keep it on. It was a great show and I enjoyed it inmeansley. I love tobake also and I learned a lot from watching this show.

Ruth Baker May 25, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Please don’t cancel this show. Give it a chance to find its footing. Not every show takes off on its first season. it can take a second season to develop the audience.

Kristina C May 13, 2014 at 7:39 pm

PLEASE!!!!! Renew this show. My whole family and I loved watching it. The challenges were fun and the food looked so good. Renew this show! There aren’t many that we can or want to watch together.

russ Devars April 28, 2014 at 4:05 pm

A WONDERFUL SHOW. PLEASE RENEW THIS YEAR AND NEXT YEAR!!!

Tracy Arnett April 12, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Please don’t cancel, there are so few good programs anymore.

Alana April 9, 2014 at 6:54 pm

PLEASE PLEASE renew this show I loved it loved it loved it….Jeff Foxworthy did an amazing job and there is no other baking show like this so please renew this program

Valerie Jeffrey March 11, 2014 at 7:57 am

I was really looking forward to this show being renewed. Love the fact that it takes place in a bright country spot, and a show with baking was such a nice change. Loved everyone on the show too – Jeff Foxworthy, and the judges despite the recent negative press. Hope it returns!

Toni C. March 10, 2014 at 1:46 am

Please don’t cancel this show, I love it!!!!!!!

Teri Walker February 14, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Love the Show!! Please renew it. So much fun to watch and learn.

GI NURSE November 23, 2013 at 12:26 pm

PLEASE RENEW THIS WONDERFUL SHOW. It is GREAT to see a baking show rather than just cooking shows. PLEASE – PLEASE RENEW!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeanne Gray August 15, 2013 at 8:47 am

I LOVED this show! It was the talk @ coffee time among friends and family dinners. Jeff Foxworthy is funny, caring, endearing: a great Host! I love THE AMERICAN BAKING COMPETION so much that… I’d love to be a contestant!

Adrianne July 11, 2013 at 9:33 am

I felt that this contest was fixed…clearly Darlene had the most wins…better skill and technique than Brian…I really felt that the overall should have been at the top in picking the winner. I liked the show up until the winner was announced…Jeff Foxworthy was the really fun part of the entertainment….please reconsider finalist criteria….Darlene not winning was why I don’t watch American idol anymore….remember Crystal Bowesox?

Patti Laffoon July 5, 2013 at 9:48 am

Please don’t cancel this show!! I love the way it is shot. Most cooking shows take place in a dark studio kitchen. This one is in the country and is very light. I also love it, that it is just baking. Hope it will be renewed!!

Molly brown June 30, 2013 at 12:51 pm

We are enjoying this program. Hope it is renewed.

Irene Ortiz June 19, 2013 at 11:57 pm

I love this show I do not like the other show because they are garbage ( LIKE HOUSE WIFES) and the bachelor