The Finder: TV Show Moving to Fridays

Finder TV show movesFOX is bringing back The Finder quicker than expected. The network is delaying the premiere of Hotel Hell until summer and are using the Friday 8pm timeslot for the unaired episodes of the drama.

It had been announced that the Bones spin-off would have its spring finale next week, on March 8th. The Finder has been a ratings disappointment and it was unclear when or if the show would return. Now, FOX has decided to shift it to little-watched Friday nights starting April 6th. There will be six original episodes left at that point.

The season to date has averaged a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 6.63 million total viewers. Despite having a big lead-in like American Idol, The Finder is the second lowest-rated drama on the network, beating only Fringe. It looks likely that the freshman series will be cancelled after just one season.

HOT FROM FOX…

“THE FINDER” MOVES TO FRIDAYS ON APRIL 6 WITH AN ALL-NEW EPISODE FEATURING CURTIS “50 CENT” JACKSON

THE FINDER’s Last Thursday Night Episode Airs March 8

After its final Thursday night episode on March 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), THE FINDER will move to Fridays starting April 6 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Don’t miss THE FINDER’s last Thursday episode on March 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), in which Walter (Geoff Stults) searches for a teenage girl who goes missing during an intense storm. Meanwhile, Isabel (Mercedes Masohn) uncovers clues that link the girl’s disappearance to foul play and Willa’s (Maddie Hasson) probation officer puts her differences with Willa aside to join in the search.

Then, THE FINDER makes its time period premiere on Friday, April 6 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). The episode features Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson as music mogul Big Glade, who enlists Walter’s help in finding the source of illegally released songs. Big Glade’s business savvy lawyer (guest star Salli Richardson-Whitfield) is also Leo’s (Michael Clarke Duncan) former love interest, and the two rekindle their romance.

[EDITOR'S NOTE: HOTEL HELL will premiere this summer.]

What do you think? Do you think this move confirms that The Finder will be cancelled or is this like a second chance for the struggling series?

Anonymous August 8, 2012 at 6:51 pm

soooooooooooo disappointed just as Walter started showing his fighting abilitiy shame on fox.

Donna July 28, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Shame on you Fox. My husband and I really enjoyed The Finder. We can’t believe that you canceled it and keep other stupid series on the air. Maybe if you gave the series a chance it would have been a success for you. The cast was so likable that you wanted to watch the next show to see what was going on with them.

Marie May 26, 2012 at 4:53 pm

My husband and I love this show. We look forward to watching it.

David May 24, 2012 at 10:57 pm

My wife and I love this show. Really wish network would bring it back. Never fails they come out with a great show, great cast, then they do away with it to add another reality show for the mindless or add another phony cop or lawyer show with 16 year old actors. Guess it shows who Fox is marketing to. Fox, you need to keep this show.

Pam May 18, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I love this show! The characters and the plot are refreshing and creative. I am so tired of the special effects and who can have the biggest explosion shows. I could live the rest of my life without seeing another dismembered corpse. Give me a show that is written well, has a great plot, and super acting, any day!!!

Liz May 15, 2012 at 11:11 am

I thought the Finder was the BEST. The characters were really filling out with interesting back stories… Darn you Fox!! I can’t stand the filler “Reality” shows on…Fox .. all a bunch of soap opera dramas .. makes real people look pathetic!.. Please give us interesting characters we can root for like Walter and Willa in The Finder.. breaks my heart I won’t know where they are going next. Boo, Fox…Boo!!!

craig May 12, 2012 at 1:24 pm

excellent show good cast and acting. please another series two. its different to alot of the other lame shows out there. pretty please season TWO

Rob May 11, 2012 at 8:11 pm

I loved this show and am very disappointed that it is being cancelled. The season finale left so much unanswered. I very rarely watch new shows that are not relay established because of this. I never want to get invested in the mystery and adventure of a show just to have it canceled before I get to see some resolution with the characters. The way fox got me was smooth. I like Bones and so I gave this a shot after watching the crossover episode. In the end I liked the Finder better than Bones because the cast and characters were better IMO. So after FOX got me to watch their new and unestablished show (and I never missed even one episode) I get rewarded with an unsettling ending with no resolutions. I can’t even pretend that everything worked out for the characters because of how they ended it. Shame on FOX for not doing the right thing and at least wrapping the show up before they ended it. I can understand if FOX didn’t feel like the show was working out and they needed to move on but be good to the people who did watch the show. FOX may not have been getting the viewers they wanted but they act like no one watched the show at all. How about at least acknowledging that some people liked the show and give us some form of resolution. I will not be supporting any new shows on the FOX network again. I will go back to watching shows I know will not be yanked out from under me. As far as FOX is concerned it will only be one or two shows that I already watch and then Football. Way to treat your viewers FOX.

Jewel May 10, 2012 at 9:42 am

Very disappointed. This was enjoyable show I just found and now its cancelled! I cant believe it is going and shows like Raising Hope are still around.

Ken Hymes May 7, 2012 at 12:31 pm

What really bugs me is that the Finder’s numbers are much bigger than the vastly overrated Mad Men, or any of a number of shows that somehow get the “prestige” label. I think there is really something seriously wrong with the biz when 6 and a half million people want something, and that’s not enough to make money. And please don’t try to educate me about costs. I don’t care, and I don’t believe it. TV was FREE 40 years ago, advertising was enough to make it a hugely successful business. Now there are ads AND subscriptions AND DVD sales AND streaming licenses… whose nose is this money going up?

Kelly April 14, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Finally a show I can watch with my husband!
We love this show funny funny and interesting please dont cancel!

Roy April 6, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Fox don’t be stupid renew The Finder. It is different than all the other water down cop, doctor, and lawyer shows. Same plot, but different actors. Trust me you have a keeper with this one.

Allie April 2, 2012 at 10:47 am

I’m so annoyed. This show is so funny and really different from what’s out there. I would cry for weeks if this got cancelled. I loved October Road on ABC and it got cancelled just as it started to get good again. If this gets cancelled Netflix or someone needs to pick it up and air more episodes! Fox if you know what’s good for you you’ll keep this around for another season!!!

Karen March 30, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I love the finder. Just enough light and dark to make it really enjoyable. Please keep it on. I love Bones too. American Idol not as much.

Judy March 29, 2012 at 9:25 pm

I really enjoyed watching The Finder which is way better than having American Idol on. Please don’t cancel the show! Why do the networks run off the good shows and keep putting in shows that are way too stupid……