The Glades: Cancelled Next or Renewed for Season Five?

The Glades canceled or renewed for season five?Season four of The Glades concluded this week but the show hasn’t been renewed yet. Will it return for season five or will it be cancelled instead?

For those who haven’t seen it, The Glades follows a cocky Chicago detective (Matt Passmore) who moves to South Florida in hopes of finding a more relaxing way of life. He finds instead that he’s busier than ever. Others in the dramedy’s cast include Kiele Sanchez, Carlos Gómez, Uriah Shelton, Jordan Wall, and Michelle Hurd.

Season four of the show averaged 2.59 million viewers, down by 14% when compared to season three’s average (3.01 million). It’s the lowest-rated of A&E‘s three scripted dramas but hit a new high with its recent finale and an audience of 3.41 million.

While The Glades was the series to help A&E establish itself as a channel with scripted content, things aren’t looking too good for the show’s future. The ratings are down and the show is produced by Fox Television Studios so the cable channel doesn’t have a financial stake in its future.

According to Deadline, the show’s outlook isn’t bright but A&E hasn’t cancelled it yet.

After four seasons, there are 49 episodes of The Glades. That’s not enough for a syndication package but it might be close enough to give Fox incentive to make some kind of special deal to keep it going — either with A&E or another outlet. It would help if there were an appropriate Fox-owned channel but there isn’t.

For now, we’ll have to wait and see. If the show is cancelled, hopefully the producers will tell fans how the fourth season cliffhanger would have been resolved.

What do you think? Would you like to see a fifth season renewal or is it time for The Glades to be cancelled instead?

UPDATE: A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons.

Gloria July 4, 2014 at 8:48 am

I can’t believe it was cancelled my husband and I loved it and we are in our 60″s. I wish I wouldn’t have started watching it if it isn’t going to have a ending. Thanks A&E I won’t be watching you any more. I wish I knew who killed Jim????

Paula July 3, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Don’t cancel the series. I love it! and it looks like I am not alone from the comments.

Christine July 3, 2014 at 4:09 am

Please renew glades!

Pat July 3, 2014 at 6:09 pm

I miss watching the glades. It was one of my favorite show..great stories, at times the humor between co worker was great. Bring it back

Mark Jordan July 2, 2014 at 12:15 am

My wife and I just watched the first four seasons on Netflix. My wife commented that she liked it for its compelling story lines, but mostly because there was very little gratuitous gore. She won’t watch other cop shows that wallow in the gore. I think that it was a very unsatisfactory ending with Jim being shot by someone off camera. If A&E doesn’t want the show, then they should give it to another studio to finish the show properly.

Carlynn Miller July 1, 2014 at 12:58 pm

I just ran through the 4 seasons because I missed a lot when I was working. Please, Please renew it. They are finally going to have a life and you leave it a cliff hanger? If you end this great show the people will just go and never watch your shows again.( if that’s the way you leave us.) Why would we want to take a change that you would do it again and again on other shows this great.

J Berreth July 1, 2014 at 1:26 am

Don’t cancel the Glade series!

Maritza Laboy June 30, 2014 at 6:40 pm

I am a Glades Fan, please do not cancel the show. We need to know what happened. Who shot Jim & will the wedding happen. Also the story line with Callie’s ex & son. There’s too many loose ends to quit now. There has to be a solution that all party’s can come to. The shooting was a lousy ending, really. Your consideration is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Anonymous July 1, 2014 at 3:14 pm

I agree with all the above comments….Please bring back the Gkades

Angie Armenta June 30, 2014 at 1:13 pm

PLEASE FOLLOW #THE GLADES ADDICT ON TWITTER AND ASK FOR RENEWAL FOR SEASON 5 OF THE GLADES!!!!!!!!! PASS ALONG…

Angie Armenta June 30, 2014 at 1:04 pm

PLEASE DONT CANCEL THE GLADES …….WE ARE WATCHING!!!!!!!

carolyn June 29, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Please renew The Glades…this is one of the best shows on tv in a long long time!!!

Laurie June 29, 2014 at 1:52 am

It doesn’t matter who picks up “The Glades”. You got to bring it back. Best show on TV and Netflix.
Please bring it back!!!

Heather June 29, 2014 at 12:09 am

My family loves it we only saw it on next Felix but we would love to watch it every week I would be will to miss law and order it that good

Heather June 29, 2014 at 12:05 am

Please bring it back I will be a loyalty fan

James Whittaker June 28, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Why is it when there’s really a great tv program without all the profanity, a show that grips you, teases y ou, and continually provides quality entertainment, it gets canceled? I have watched this show and fell in love with all the characters and now it appears to be doomed. Why? And worst of all they leave it with the main character getting shot just before he was to be married. Did he die? Did Callie marry him? Did her ex shoot him? ok come on A&e or whoever and don’t do this to this tune….. Quote (It’s the lowest-rated of A&E‘s three scripted dramas but hit a new high with its recent finale and an audience of 3.41 million.) Bring it back for season 5 !!!!!!!!

cath & Mike Mason June 28, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Please renew, we just watched it on Netflix. W a brilliant show .