The League: FX Comedy Renewed for Season Two

The LeagueFX has decided to order a second season of its semi-scripted comedy series, The League.

Following a group of friends that make up a fantasy football league, The League features the talents of Mark Duplass, Nick Kroll, Katie Aselton, Paul Scheer, Stephen Rannazzisi, and Jon LaJoie.

The October 29th series premiere attracted just under a million viewers but rose by nearly 50% in its second airing. The numbers have leveled off since then, to an average of about a million viewers.

The programmers at FX are apparently pleased enough with the ratings to give the series a renewal, even before the sixth and final episode of the season has aired (tonight).

I think The League should be...

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

FX has more than doubled The League’s first season order, opting for 13 installments for season two. The next round of The League will kick off in the later part of Summer 2010.

Of the renewal decision, Nick Grad, FX’s Exec VP of Original Programming, said, “We’ve been very pleased with the creative and ratings trajectory of The League and believe it’s an excellent fit with our comedy brand.”

Executive producers Jackie and Jeff Schaffer couldn’t be happier. Jackie said, “This has been a wonderful experience for me and Jeff. Our cast — Mark, Steve, Nick, Paul, Katie and Jon — is made up of some of the most talented young actor-comedians in the business. So much of the credit goes to them.”

Jeff added, “FX has been like the coolest girlfriend you could ever have. They get us, laugh at our jokes, and love hearing us talk about football. It’s a perfect relationship — and we look forward to going steady with them for a long time.”

What do you think? Have you watched The League? Does it deserve a second season or should it have been cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

81 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Carl says

If you have ever played fantasy football then this show is for you. If you haven’t don’t worry, little girls picking up poop, simply hilarious.

2. Garrett says

Funny as HECK! Got my girlfriend into this show and my buddy to download the whole season on apple tv. now his girlfriend loves it.

3. Chris says

Birthday song is awesome. I expect it from Jon Lajoie. He is the sole reason I started watching the League. Hope they have 100 seasons. lol.

4. Nikki says

Love the show can’t wait for season #2. Check out Jon Lajoie’s video’s on you tube, he so funny, that is what got me interested in watching The League.

5. william says

Funny show,i’ve steered friends to it.FX keeps bringing out great shows and i
    ‘m glad they renewed this series.

6. Brendan Kash says

Absolutely Love This Show! The League is Incredible! I have never laughed so hard while watching a TV show. Please keep this show on the air for many seasons to come! It really is unbelievably funny!

7. Amanda says

Fantastic show and I’m so happy it’s being picked up for another season. This show along with Sunny best shows on TV

8. wp says

This show cracks me up.I laugh even more the second or third time I have watched the same episode.Birthday song is great.

9. Andrew says

I love the show! My wife doesn’t like comedy shows and she even liked it. My favorite part has to be the Vaginal Hubris rap. That was hilarious!