The Lottery: Season One Ratings

The Lottery TV show on Lifetime: latest ratingsLifetime has had mixed success with their original scripted series. Some get solid ratings while others have been a disappointment. The Lottery is a different kind of series for the cable channel. Will it be renewed for a second season or will it be cancelled instead? Stay tuned to find out.

The Lottery takes place in the year 2025 when our planet is in the midst of a fertility crisis. Women can no longer bear children and the human race faces extinction. After years of research researchers have been able to fertilize 100 eggs and a lottery is held to determine who can carry them to term. The cast of this thriller includes Marley Shelton, Martin Donovan, Yul Vasquez, Athena Karkanis, Michael Graziadei, David Alpay, and Shelley Conn.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

Update: How’s The Lottery been performing?

What do you think? Do you like The Lottery TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

LaDonna September 17, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Love, love, love this show!! It is my favorite one. Please don’t cancel!!!

Tess September 10, 2014 at 11:53 am

Love this show. Please give it a chance to grow. Don’t cancel.

Michele August 31, 2014 at 11:29 pm

I like the premise of the show and the characters can be pretty nasty. The main female star of the show, the doctor, looks somewhat like a younger heather graham. I missed the last episode and I am hoping I can see it on lifetime again soon. Please don’t cancel the series.

Heather August 31, 2014 at 8:38 pm

I think this show is awesome ! It became one of my favorites on TV. I can’t believe season 1 ended so quickly. It’s one of the best shows that’s been on in a long time ! Do not end this show! Please let season 2 NOT be cancelled!! It was just getting really good and now season 1 is over already !!! I’m dying to see what’s gonna happen next !

Layne Parker August 26, 2014 at 3:28 pm

I like the show and think it should be given a chance to develop an audience and succeed.

I think it was a mistake to kill off Nathan (J. August Richards). He would have been a great foil for bad guy, Darius. In addition, we would have loved to see Nathan and Vanessa’s (Athena Karkanis) relationship developed more. They have great chemistry together.

Renew the show.

Julie August 19, 2014 at 6:36 pm

I Love this show, the idea for it was rumored to be based on the same book as the movie Children of Men. I watch for entertainment not facts, and I watch Alot of tv. I have never seen any shows with this same base plot. And it’s the only ‘end of humanity’ show not involving military (the last ship) aliens (falling skies) monster vampire things (strain) or zombies. And I watch all those shows too. It’s nice to watch a show that has a different premise. Not too mention two of my favorite under appreciated, unrecognized actors. Martin Donovan and Marley Shelton. Yes, SEASON TWO PLEASE

Jana August 17, 2014 at 11:09 pm

I love the show !! I haven’t seen another one like it. The lottery is my favorite show

Laura August 15, 2014 at 6:37 am

This show desperately needs a scientific advisor. The holes in the plot from these inaccuracies is pretty bad. I mean Black Death virus? It’s a bacteria folks. It wasn’t eradicated in the 1500s and there is treatment available for the bacterial infection by way of antibiotics. He’ll a Wikipedia search would have told then that.

john August 27, 2014 at 7:17 pm

Yes, stupid black death virus line brought me here.

Af August 13, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Renewed!!!!

Douglas C. Meeks August 12, 2014 at 10:05 am

There have been at least two movies using this theme (or very similar) and they have all flopped. Not sure who thinks this is a great premise in Hollywood but I think it is going to be yet another flop, people don’t like such a depressing premise in general. I am not saying the show is good or bad, just saying that the premise never sells.

Bob R August 12, 2014 at 10:13 am

I agree. Getting a little tired of a scenario of this sort. I discontinued watching.

Rose August 12, 2014 at 9:58 am

I sure hope they don’t cancel this. I love a show that’s not the same as every other show. And this one is getting good!