The Lying Game: Cancelled by ABC Family; No Season Three

lying game canceled, no season threeABC Family has cancelled The Lying Game after two seasons and 30 episodes. The last episode aired on March 12th.

Actress Alexandra Chando broke the news via her Instagram account and wrote, “To our awesome #lyinggame fans, thank you for these two amazing seasons. Unfortunately, Abc Family has decided not to bring us back for a third season. We so wanted to do 10 more for you guys! Thanks for your support and keep up with the cast to see what’s next for us! Xx.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that The Lying Game has been cancelled and won’t be returning for a third season?

99 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Amy says

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! THEY CAN’T FINISH A SEASON LIKE THEY DID WITH SEASON 2 AND THEN CANCEL THE SHOW. THEY HAVE TO AT LEAST EXPLAIN THE END TO THE FREAKING LYING GAME!!!! IT WAS SUCH A CLIFFHANGER!

2. Patty Schell says

I’ve been waiting so patiently for this to come back. I didn’t realize it was canceled. This show was one of my guilty pleasures. Ugh. I WANT MORE!

3. Tami says

I would like it to come back to, if not just to finish the story line. I don’t want to read the books and usually movies/TV are different than the books! UGH!!

4. says

I really loved The Lying Game. It was one of my favorite shows. I hate it when stations cancell a show and leave all their loyal fans hanging. At least let the fans know what happens. To me it seems like alot of the shows i watch on ABC Family just end out of the blue. I love the show Pretty Little Lairs also. I hope they don’t just drop it with no real ending. I guess maybe i’ll have to read the book to find out what happened with The Lying Game. Sometimes i don’t like the books as well the the show or in some cases movies. I’m sad the Lying Game ended.

• Gaby says

The book is COMPLETELY different then the movie trust me I read he book first and then I watched the show and I was shocked at how different it was the show was more interesting then the book.

5. irene says

i just finish watching season 1 and 2 on netflix. never knew it had any real promotions on regular tv. but i dont understand why leave everyone with such a cliff hanger. at least bring it back for a full season 3 or even half a season, just to see how the mystery solves itself. i think it is only fair to all who has watched the show.

• Evelyn says

Like you Irene, I watched it on Netflix. Now I want it to come back on. That was so wrong to end the series that way. It’s happened to shows that I’ve watched before. If ABC is going to continue canceling shows in the middle, I will just have to quit watching ABC all together so not to get disappointed again and again.

6. Nancy says

I was looking forward to viewing more. You had a good plot, good actors; what the heck happened? Would you reconsider your decision?

7. Olga says

Okay sure, the viewer percentage may have gone down (or whatever abc’s excuse is for canceling the show). However, ultimately abc is just being disrespectful to the other viewers who actually stuck around and really enjoyed the show by canceling it without a resolution. It makes me question whether I should start watching any other show on abc since they could cancel at any minute and cause confusion and disappointment. Come on… Just give us the 10 more episodes (at least) to get some closure to the story line.

8. Anonymous says

I just finished season 2 and I’m looking to watch season 3, to find out it’s cancelled!!! What asham. The secret was completely revealed. I can’t believe there will b no season 3. I’m disappointed.

9. Jena Marie Jones (@JenaMarieJones) says

I thought The Lying Game was coming back on Netflix streaming with season 3. I wish it would come back.