The Montel Williams Show: Host Already Eyeing a Comeback

Montel WilliamsMontel Williams, the longtime host of his own daytime talk show, said goodbye to his program last March after 17 years on the air.

The cancellation came as a result of key FOX stations opting not to renew the series. More than a few people have suggested that this was due, at least in part, to Williams’ criticism of the media’s excessive coverage of Heath Ledger’s death compared to little coverage of the Iraq War. Whatever the reason for the cancellation, Williams isn’t done with daytime just yet.

Williams is already shopping a new show to syndicators. If all goes according to plan, the new series will be called Living Well with Montel and will be based on the lifestyle and diet guide that was published last January. The book is described as containing the host’s “personal recipe for healthy and happy living” as well as a 21-day fitness and nutrition program. Williams was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1999 and attributes much his good health to exercise and diet.

Should Montel have psychic Sylvia Browne on his new show?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The energetic host has reportedly been shopping the new series to affiliate stations and distributors ever since he learned that The Montel Williams Show would be coming to an end. A distributor or exact show format haven’t been locked down as yet.

Though his new show isn’t ready for daytime just yet, Williams won’t be leaving the air anytime soon. CBS has been selling stations a “best of” package of the Williams Show for the 2008-09 season. The deal gives affiliates a selection of rerun episodes and additional advertising time. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

William Peckham February 18, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I appreciate your Heart felt concerns youve expressed over the years. I would really like to share a story with you about my step son who is disabled and mentally challenged. His eigth amendmant rights are and have been violated . He has been subjected to solitary confinement for two years and has eleven more to go. He also suffers with autism and asbergers. Please contact me 360 773 3836

Angela O'Leary November 5, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Dear Montel;
PLEASE – PLEASE HELP MY GRANDSON & I
My name is Angela O’Leary and I have a special request. I need help getting my grandson Logan.
Logan is an epileptic (silent seizures) and 3 years old in foster care. My daughter isn’t capable of taking care of her son (at this time) in the state of Alabama’s eyes.
On Dec 6, 2010, my grandson is going up for adoption; I am first on the list. I love him very much but he is in Alabama and I am in California.
I need help getting airfare, hotel, and rental car to be in court Dec 6, 2010 and bring him home to CA.
I am on SSI, (supplemental security income = $845.00 per month) because of my disabilities. I am VERY capable of taking great care of him.
I have been trying to sell my 64 ½ Mustang to afford this, but no luck so far (this bad economy). Do you know Jay Leno? I also have CA. custom plates (1zipnz).
I have hair to my knees & would sell it, if I thought I could.
I am a strong hearted, loving woman, mom, & Nana to 3 grandchildren.
I almost never ask for help, especially with money. But I’m at my wits end with this situation & don’t know what to do.
I’m not asking for a handout, just a temporary helping hand.
I’m in a court case for a car accident (06-14-09), but this could take another year to settle. The guy ran a red light & totaled my RAM pickup. I’ve had knee surgery December 2009 and left with a compressed knee bone. So I can pay money back then.
Thank You for your time & God bless you
Angela O’Leary
916-791-0868
Granite Bay, CA 95746

P.S. I have to go to library to use the internet, so please call me.

Rose m Garland March 6, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Montel interesting information on MS http://www.immed.org There is always hope

Baby_Mocha November 20, 2009 at 5:41 pm

Dear Montel,
I love you and miss you on TV! I sure hope you come back and with Sylvia Browne too! I just love her too!

Bill Berger February 7, 2009 at 3:58 pm

Dear Montel- I hope you come back. I really miss your show. I have watched your show for the last 13 years. I just bought your new book Living Well Emotionally. I am enjoying it. I also have 4 of your other books. I also have a copy of the movie The Peacekeeper. I watched you as you were on All My Children and Touch By an Angel. I also saw you on Extreme Homemake Over. I myself have major health issues. I was born with my heart on the right with holes in the chambers. I am on 5 liters of oxygen 24/7. I have Epilepsy, Asthma, COPD,Ostoprosis and Diabetic. I developed the Epilepsy after my 2nd open heart surgery from a blood clot in the brain. I had my 3rd open heart at 27. I hope your new show works. I was sad the day your show went off the air. Best of luck with the show. Your #1 fan Bill Berger

sara February 6, 2009 at 8:51 pm

funny the poll results! I know it’s down to the fact that this link is posted on randi’s forum. not very accurate polling. get sylvia back on. she is great!!!!!!!