The Neighbors: ABC Orders Three Scripts

The Neighbors TV show on ABCWhile many have suspected that The Neighbors would be the first TV series to be cancelled this season, there’s some possible good news for the sitcom.

According to Deadline, ABC has ordered three additional scripts for The Neighbors. These may not go on to become produced episodes but this is a positive sign. Perhaps a not completely realistic sign.

The Neighbors debuted two weeks ago to a 3.2 rating in the demo and 9.22 million total viewers. Last week’s installment aired just prior to the Presidential debate and registered a 1.9 rating with 6.32 million. That represented a week-to-week demo drop of 41%.

It’ll be interesting to see if the numbers drop further this week, without the benefit of preceding the debate.

What do you think? Do you think The Neighbors will last? Do thou think these new scripts will ever be made?

Justdon January 31, 2013 at 11:12 am

At first it seemed a bit to corny, but as I watch more of episodes I find it very funny. It may take a little intellect to decipher the message behind the story line, however I get it, I especially enjoyed the country club episode and the reverse twist on racial profiling that reflects current trends in our society. maybe reading to much into it, but would rather watch this than dancing celebrities or bachelors looking for hookups.

Pat November 28, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Give it time, It’s funny . You got to laugh.

Mrs Dupre November 13, 2012 at 11:20 am

I think this show is a breath of fresh air. And most likely because I like it, ABC will cancel it to replace it with some stupid reality show! I agree, if it is canceled, Syfy should pick it up!

Jennifer October 25, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I enjoy this show. That fact alone leads me to believe that it will be cancelled by abc like other shows that I have liked. Pushing Daisies, GCB, and Off the Map to name a few. It seems as if they purposely put on shows just to kill them sometimes. The only show that has seemed to have any real success on abc is Grey’s Anatomy and I question how much longer they can make that show last. No doubt they will air more reality tv just like every other network. They love taking the cheap way out.

Jeremy Rynek October 9, 2012 at 1:26 pm

How has it not been canceled? Now this show was stupid, not funny even in the slightest. I remember when the main neighbor played the angel of death on Charmed, now that was good work, I can’t believe he took on this show.

Bethany October 9, 2012 at 3:22 am

I actually love it. I think it could grow on people and become the next guilty pleasure if given the chance. However the minute it made me laugh out loud I knew it was doomed to be canceled before ever being given that chance. My kids love it, so of course we all expect it to be replaced by some reality show that nobody in this house will ever watch. If it does get dropped by ABC SyFi should think about snatching it up. Would be nice to have a syfi/comedy night each week. Shows like Tripping The Rift, Dead Like Me, and I am sure there are tons of new ideas just waiting to be made that would make us laugh and have that syfi twist to go along with a show like this.

sam October 8, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Its a funny show but ABC will kill it

Greg October 8, 2012 at 5:29 pm

It’s dumb, but funny dumb. I think it deserves a full season, maybe two. Certainly no more than that though. It’s fun to watch with the kids :)