The Originals, The Tomorrow People and Reign: CW Shows Get Full Seasons

CW TV showsThe CW has ordered full seasons of their three new shows — The Originals, The Tomorrow People, and Reign. A month ago, the network ordered additional scripts for all three dramas.

The Originals revolves around the world’s original vampires and their battle against another vampire who’s controlling New Orleans. Six episodes have aired thus far and have averaged 2.11 million viewers with a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic. The cast includes Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Claire Holt, Phoebe Tonkin, Charles Michael Davis, Daniella Pineda, Leah Pipes, and Danielle Campbell.

Airing on Wednesdays, The Tomorrow People follows a teenager (Robbie Amell) who discovers that he has paranormal abilities. The five episodes have averaged 1.93 million with a 0.7 demo rating. The rest of the cast includes Luke Mitchell, Peyton List, Aaron Yoo, Mark Pellegrino, and Madeleine Mantock.

Set in the 16th century, Reign follows the journey of a young Scottish queen who is betrothed to marry a handsome prince. The cast includes Adelaide Kane, Toby Regbo, Torrance Coombs, Megan Follows, Alan Van Sprang, Celina Sinden, Caitlin Stasey, Anna Popplewell, and Jenessa Grant. Airing out of The Vampire Diaries, Reign is averaging 1.76 million with a 0.7 demo rating.

What do you think? Do you like any or all of these shows? Which do you think is the best?

Rhonda Powell April 9, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Love Reign and The Tomorrow People keeps getting better, hope to see it again next season

Jerry Deasy March 8, 2014 at 3:18 pm

The Tomorrow people has had some good writing in the last few episodes. Each show seems to leave the viewers with a new surprise. I really hope it gets renewed for a second season.

Mel February 12, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Reign is like the BEST show im addicted to it. I love shows that take place way back in time.

Oliver February 10, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Love Reign and the Originals!

Donna January 31, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Love Love Love the Originals!..Sometimes we need to break the monotony and move away from ourselves…I love that it takes place in New Orleans..Each and every one of the actors are beautiful ..I really look forward to every episode..

sarah January 25, 2014 at 11:46 am

#Reign! Reign is the best show to television right now. I also like the originals but Reign is # 1. #Frary #Reign #Forever

Kd January 23, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Love reign

Tammy January 21, 2014 at 5:14 am

Reign is my favorite new show hands down. I hope they give it a chance because it has great potential.

M. Johnson December 26, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Reign is one of the best TV series ever!!! Please continue to make more episodes and more seasons. It is extremely romantic and original! The characters are fantastic, and the plot is becoming more and more developed. The costumes are exceptional!! Please please keep producing more Reign episodes!!!

Nicky December 20, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Reignfor a new show is by far the #1 runaway hit of the seasons !!! The costumes the characters & all of that wonderful drama. Can’t wait to see what happens next & I love Mary Queen of Scots, love Francis and can’t wait to see where the story takes us next !!!

Kathy settembrino December 17, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Reign is the number 1 show on television

Jessy December 6, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Reign is amazing, I will just explode if it isn’t renewed. Rich in drama and delicate intertwining of plot lines. Keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire episode and you can’t believe it when it’s over.

Sarah December 15, 2013 at 2:40 am

I completely Agree!

Anonymous November 16, 2013 at 7:51 am

I think Reign got potential, but the writers really need to work on character development. The writers need to slow down as well, things are happening to fast

Grandizer November 12, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Have not caught Reign yet, but do watch the others.
Not surprised they were picked up for full seasons, after all they really do not have anything to fill those spots with.

I know that the Originals and the Tomorrow People could each use some tweaks to make them better. But they are better then reality fair.

Brandy November 12, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Actuallythey do.They have Star-Crossed,The 100,Famous in 12,Masters of Illusion,Seed,Whose Line.

Tammy January 21, 2014 at 5:16 am

I like originals but they need a bigger baddie. That’s the problem when your star is the big baddie. Tommorrow People is a snoozefest. It’s been done. Um x-men, heroes, marvel, etc.

Gary Turnbull November 11, 2013 at 7:55 pm

I enjoy all three of these. I like “Reign” by myself, and “The Tomorrow People” and “the Originals” I watch with my teens. It’s good semi-decent programming for teeny-bopper shows.